Profile for macca > Reviews

macca

Ackoff's F/Laws: The Cake
Ackoff's F/Laws: The Cake

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Read, 16 Aug. 2014
Great book Russ, RIP ... found it a hilarious read his observations are so true ... :-)

Samsung EB615268VU 2500 mAh Battery for Galaxy Note
Samsung EB615268VU 2500 mAh Battery for Galaxy Note
Offered by Furious Gadget

5.0 out of 5 stars Solve Unexpected Samsung Note 1 death, 16 Aug. 2014
My rating maybe premature but so far its done the trick in solving my problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note 1.

My issue was the phone kept dying unexpectedly even though the phone displayed 100% charge, as I say replacing the battery has done the trick.

I liked the fact that this battery was a slightly tight fit in my phone this will help to ensuring a solid contact between battery and handset.

The Uncertainty Principle
The Uncertainty Principle

1.0 out of 5 stars Oooops!, 8 Mar. 2013
I bought this thinking it would discuss uncertainty from a Psychology perspective but then realised it was a mistake and deleted it from my Kindle sorry folks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2013 10:16 AM BST

Redesigning Society (Stanford Business Books)
Redesigning Society (Stanford Business Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read ..., 8 Mar. 2013
I found this book very interesting to read it discusses a number of potential ideas to help combat problem that are plaguing our current society.

LARGE Single Size Chocolate 150 x 200cm Coral Ultra Soft Deep Pile Lush Fleece Blankets Throwover, Light But Warm, The Original "Rejuvopedic" Branded Blanket
Offered by The Linen Depot

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah warmth ...., 8 Mar. 2013
This arrived on time and works a treat keeping me warm in bed at night during those pesky winter months.

Statistical Method from the Viewpoint of Quality Control (Dover Books on Mathematics)

3.0 out of 5 stars blimey!, 8 Mar. 2013
I know this guy is well known amongst the Statistics community and he was the mentor for a hero of mine Deming but this book assumes you have knowledge about stats with a bit of commercial experience .... I've not read mine yet, I broke off to learn more about stats before I could stand a chance of understanding this guys theory.

I bought a book called Statistical Process Control Demystified which turned out be be useless to me.

DURAGADGET Black Water Resistant Laptop Carry Case For Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook & Asus Zenbook UX31

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful to have!, 8 Mar. 2013
A handy case which helps to pad my computer when I travel ... though the rounded corners mean that you won't get a clean fit if your laptop is rectangular in shape like my ASUS.

Statistical Process Control Demystified
Statistical Process Control Demystified

2.0 out of 5 stars What?, 8 Mar. 2013
Unfortunately for me this book was not what I expected, I would have preferred the author starting out with a brief run down of what SPC is the basic run chart, its parts via a worked example then went on to discuss the whys and wherefores. Instead the reader is hit with the whys and wherefores from the start ... none of the info you read will be absorbed as you know very little about what a run chart is and how to use one .... so like me you'll loose interest in the book and put it down.

Draper 69260 Hand-Operated Paper Shredder
Draper 69260 Hand-Operated Paper Shredder

3.0 out of 5 stars Ripped to shreds, 20 Dec. 2010
I bought this shredder and found that even when you stick to one page at a time there is a limit to the number of A4 pages this thing can shred before the blades get blunt / jammed.

I think the range is between 200 to 500 pages.

Laptop Desk / Tray with Led Light (906)-Ideal for craftwork, reading or tv dinners.
Offered by Clyde Homestores

2.0 out of 5 stars Something to think about before you buy ..., 22 Aug. 2010
I recently bought this product and i am finding that the cushion has minimal beans in so i constantly having to push the beans to cushion my thighs.

The LED light version has the battery pack stored in a compartment in the cushion on the left so you may find the battery pack digging into your left leg making the cushion uncomfortable, unless you push beans to the left.

Another thing i am finding which concerns me is that the material used for the top surface (some type of plastic) slowly melts under the heat emitted from my laptop. You notice a plastic smell at first then in my case when i had lifted my laptop i found that areas of the plastic started to wrinkle / blister !!!

My suggestion to the manufacturer would be to use a material such as wood or even use a thin layer of wood for a barrier between plastic and heat should weight be a problem. The manufacturer could also add more beans to the cushion and fix the battery pack at the back center of the top surface so that you access the batteries from the top leaving room for beans underneath.

Thanks for reading this review.

macca.