Profile for Lady Tobermory > Reviews

Talking Tables 3 m Give What You Grow Bunting
Talking Tables 3 m Give What You Grow Bunting
Price: 4.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Attractive but not very hardy, 2 July 2014
This is very attractive bunting, the photo doesn't show the individual pennants, there are carrots, trowel and forks, watering cans etc. It looks lovely strung up outside my greenhouse. However whilst the product states that it is shower proof, I would hate to see it after rain as it is made from card (albeit coated card) and mounted on a ribbon. It isn't very hardy, but that said it isn't expensive either. Good for an occasion but don't expect it to last weeks.

Nutley's Extra Large Root Trainer Plug Plant Seed Tray 45-Cell (Pack of 2)
Nutley's Extra Large Root Trainer Plug Plant Seed Tray 45-Cell (Pack of 2)
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 6 Jun 2014
These may be more expensive that the plug tray you might buy in a garden centre, but they are sturdy and will last years. I have planted out the first lot of brassicas and lettuce that I have brought on in these trays and they were hardy healthy plants with strong roots. They are quite large though - not standard gravel tray size. Unless you have flat staging you may want to do what I did and invest in a growbag gravel tray. In mine I have two of the root trainer trays and two smaller module trays (also from Nutley's).

Malta and Gozo (Bradt Travel Guides)
Malta and Gozo (Bradt Travel Guides)
Price: 9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Guide Book for Malta, 6 Jun 2014
I am very familiar with Gozo, and with Malta to a lesser extent. I wanted a book that would give me a little more information over and above restaurants, attractions etc. This is an excellent guide. The section on history is well written, engaging, and accessible for the non-historian. The Gozo section is also particularly good, and quite in-depth (and has given me some ideas for our upcoming trip).

The book does hammer home the anti-hunting message quite strongly (Malta still has Spring and Autumn hunting and trapping seasons for migratory birds). I am not pro-hunting by any measure, but did get a bit fed up of being constantly told to look out for hunters (although I suppose if you are not fully aware and visit during those seasons you could get into a bit of bother).

However, the preoccupation with hunting notwithstanding, this is a very good guide. I have read a few other Malta and Gozo guides and this comes out top in every way.

VonShef Satin Polish Stainless Steel Tea Pot with Infuser. Available in sizes Small, Medium & Large
Offered by Designer Habitat
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice little tea pot, 30 Mar 2014
I love this little tea pot. I've recently found myself on something of a tea kick and wasn't getting on well with the in cup infuser I had purchased. I bought this pot for work, and I think I'm going to buy another for home. I have a larger pot at home, but this pot is just enough for one large mug of tea. It's elegant, pours well, and the relatively large infuser allows the tea leaves to float free. Yes, the lid does get a little hot if you are touching it straight after pouring yourself a cup, but patience is a virtue ;-)

SwankySwans Women's Kirsty Floral Crossbody Bag Pink SS01002 Large
SwankySwans Women's Kirsty Floral Crossbody Bag Pink SS01002 Large
Price: 13.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, not so nice quality, 30 Mar 2014
I have had lots of compliments on this bag. I love it, roomy, good looking, and comfortable to carry. Unfortunately like some of the other reviewers, the zip is showing signs that it is going to break after only a couple of weeks. You get what you pay for I guess. Good for occasional use, but I wouldn't class it as an everyday bag.

Cleo Deluxe Radiator Bed with Washable Zip On Cover - Brown/Fawn
Cleo Deluxe Radiator Bed with Washable Zip On Cover - Brown/Fawn
Offered by Cleo Pet Accessories
Price: 23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality big bed, 30 Mar 2014
I have form for buying things online without paying attention to the measurements. Pay attention to how big this bed is! It is a biggie. But it is a well made, sturdy, comfortable (so I'm told by my cat) biggie. The cover comes off and can be washed, which is handy. My cat unfortunately has taken the cat view "why lay in the (admittedly) comfortable radiator bed, when I can sprawl across the top of the radiator itself? Ok I fall off regularly but that's the price I pay". Occasionally she will be found snoring, curled up inside it, I think she is coming around. Mainly though she can be found hanging off the end of it, eyes 90% pupil. We now keep her toys in it, so she mounts an assault on the bed at least once a day. With assorted balls, mice, and random things stuffed with catnip in the bed, there is still room for our medium sized ball of feline fury to recline when the whim takes her. Make sure your radiator is soundly attached to the wall.

Creation Station 115 x 11 mm Lollipop Sticks, Pack of 1000, Natural
Creation Station 115 x 11 mm Lollipop Sticks, Pack of 1000, Natural
Offered by Baby Craft
Price: 6.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for seedling labels, 30 Mar 2014
I may never need seed labels again. These will keep me going a good few years! They are the small lolly size, so if you are looking for some outdoor labels for your veg plot I would choose a larger size, but these are ideal for the greenhouse. So reasonably priced - would cost you ten times this if you were to buy these at a garden centre.

Bluesky 40508 RED BEAM - UV LED Gel Soak off Nail Polish 10ml
Bluesky 40508 RED BEAM - UV LED Gel Soak off Nail Polish 10ml
Offered by Deal Pot Ltd
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Glam nails, 30 Mar 2014
Gorgeous red. Proper pillar box shade, nice bit of glam for your nails. Goes on well and only needs 2 coats.

Nutley's Modiform Plug Plant Seed Tray 104-Cell (Pack of 2)
Nutley's Modiform Plug Plant Seed Tray 104-Cell (Pack of 2)
Offered by Nutley's Kitchen Gardens
Price: 6.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality modules, 30 Mar 2014
Great quality trays. These will last a good few seasons for sure. They are sturdy and well made. They are just a few millimetres too big for the standard double gravel tray, so I have had to purchase a large grow bag gravel tray (which fits three comfortably). This won't be a problem if you have solid staging, but something to be aware of if you have mesh staging or suspension staging which requires gravel trays. I am going to be purchasing some larger size trays though, I'm that happy with them.

Natural Hair Colour and Conditioner, Bright Red, 4 oz (113g)
Natural Hair Colour and Conditioner, Bright Red, 4 oz (113g)
Offered by UniStore
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice result, 30 Mar 2014
I've been using normal henna powder for about a year and decided I wanted to go a little redder. This henna does the job. I mixed the powder an hour before I used it, and followed the suggestion of adding a raw egg and a teaspoon of paprika. The result is lovely soft,and shiny red hair. I will definitely be using this brand again. My hair sits just above the shoulder (although it is quite thick) and the amount in the packet was just enough to cover, so maybe if you have longer hair you would perhaps need more than one packet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5