Profile for Mac Dee > Reviews

Content by Mac Dee

Mac Dee

Norton Internet Security 21.0 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC) [2014 Edition] [Frustration-Free Packaging]
Price: 22.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, 3 April 2014
I've been using Norton for a few years now. This version is as good as the others and at this price it makes covering a laptop and 2 desktop pc's affordable.

Warrior Hunters 16X40 Monocular for Hunting and Wildlife Sports
Warrior Hunters 16X40 Monocular for Hunting and Wildlife Sports
Offered by XICHEN
Price: 11.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Large size, but flawed optics, 3 April 2014
Good for the price but not quite the clarity of optics I hoped for. Will use it on walks with the dog to try to identify the wildlife, as it was cheap I won't worry if I lose or drop it.

Benson II Jkt Black/Black L RG081
Benson II Jkt Black/Black L RG081
Offered by Monogram
Price: 83.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought for wearing to work, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Benson ll 3-in-1 Jacket (Apparel)
It's a bit of a compromise, the shell is fine and has all the pockets I needed. The fleece is ok too, slightly thin but warm enough. The two together, that is the fleece zipped into the shell is uncomfortable and neither goes on or comes off too easily. Works better if I slip the shell on over the fleece, not what I hoped to do with the coat. But it was cheap, keeps the weather out and is only for work.

Berghaus RG Parka Shell Men's Jacket - Highland Green, Large
Berghaus RG Parka Shell Men's Jacket - Highland Green, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Good jacket, good size, excellent price, 20 Nov 2013
Can't believe I got hold of a Berghaus jacket for just over fifty quid! Looks good and fits well. It's a bargain at this price.

Muck Boots Derwent Wellington UK 9 Country
Muck Boots Derwent Wellington UK 9 Country

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent winter boot, 12 Jan 2013
I am currently walking my dog betwen 15 and 20 miles a week. Due to the recent weather, this is mainly over muddy paths in the main. the neoprene keeps my calves warm and the boot gives good insulation and grip. Not sure if the will be as useful if we get a wet summer, I suspect they would be too warm for that.

Meerkat Face - Large
Meerkat Face - Large
Offered by Find Something Different
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My neice loves meerkats and loves her present!, 12 Jan 2013
My neice loved this present, made her christmas. She liked it much more than the expensive perfume we bought her!

Trixie Natural Rubber Dog Disc, 18 cm (Various Colours)
Trixie Natural Rubber Dog Disc, 18 cm (Various Colours)
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves this toy! - sadly he can tear it :(, 12 Jan 2013
This frisbee was the best toy I've ever bought for my dog. It is made of tough rubber and can be easily folder to go in a pocket. My collie had been destroying the usual frisbee with ease and had cut his tongue on the edge. But he can chew and bite this one to his hearts content, so far no damage. It flies quite well and he loves to catch it in flight. I'm very pleased with this toy and have bought a couple of spares in case I lose the current one.

Update: Well, my dog is a collie and he worked out how to fold and chew at the middle to tear the thin part. Once he gets a hole it does not take him long to do serious damage and the frisbee becomes useless. Still have 2 of them and we are trying to repair any tear with superglue.

Trixie 2 Flash safety Velcro stickers, black/red
Trixie 2 Flash safety Velcro stickers, black/red
Offered by Scot-Petshop Ltd
Price: 14.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea.... but not well implemented., 7 Jan 2013
The items arrived in good time. However, thats it for positives. One of the two flashers had no batteries! We had two handy and I was able to fit them quickly. That drew my attention to how they are made and I was concerned that when the flasher is placed inside the velcro sleeve it stays open at the end. Also, it is a tight fit. This makes it less likley to slip out but it curves the velcro side so that when applied to the harness it sticks out. The button is on the inside (the velcro side) so you have to press the middle of the flasher to switch it on. This also happens when the dog bumps into things, and means you have to press it again to switch it back on.
They are bright, you won't need any other lights to see where the dog is. Perhaps a bit of re-design to make sure the velcro lies flush and the switch position is less likley to be accidentally pressed - who knows, it could be a winner. But at the price they are being sold these design flaws should have been addressed already.
I'll keep them, but they are not what I'd hoped they would be. I also doubt they will cope well with the wet, I'll update this at some point when I've tested them more thoroughly.

Chihuahua Face - Small
Chihuahua Face - Small
Offered by New York Fashion Police
Price: 18.76

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks cool but sizes are huge, 31 Oct 2012
Looks great but........ordered the 'small' and the Tee that arrived was marked 'small'. But on my wife it is at least a size '14' and a roomy '14' at that. It is as big as my mens medium 'Bat Man' Tee. Not impressed at the price - it's going back.