Profile for Alli > Reviews

Content by Alli

Alli "abanasta1" (London, United Kingdom)

CHI Silk Infusion 56g
CHI Silk Infusion 56g
Offered by AZPerfume

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent smoothing product, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: CHI Silk Infusion 56g (Misc.)
Only a small amount is required, it doesn't stop my hair fizzing if its raining or damp, but on the whole a nice hair oil

Lee Hotpant Cut-Back L357BFFC3124 Women's Shorts Cut Back W30 IN
Lee Hotpant Cut-Back L357BFFC3124 Women's Shorts Cut Back W30 IN

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 6 Dec 2012
Lovely quality soft denim, fit nicely - now just need to get some more fat off before I wear them!

Anthems 90s
Anthems 90s

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back great memories, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Anthems 90s (Audio CD)
Bought this for my gym iPod - works a treat because the songs roll into one another with no silent breaks. Great collection of tracks, takes me back to my 90s clubbing days - some tracks are just so danceable, reminds me why they were so big when we were clubbing back then. A great album, like a few other reviewers have said, there's a few not so good tracks, and the first two CDs are the best, but overall it's still an amazing and uplifting album.

Q-Zone Noise Reduction Earplugs
Q-Zone Noise Reduction Earplugs
Offered by K.K. Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars case was too small, 1 Aug 2011
I bought these as a replacement to ones I already had. The earplugs themselves are great, but the case that came with them won't close - the fabric is too tight/small to close the zip.

Fortunately I had the case from my old set, otherwise I would not have been happy.

Chinese Democracy
Chinese Democracy
Offered by MasterDVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the critics - its brilliant!, 6 Dec 2008
This review is from: Chinese Democracy (Audio CD)
Like everyone else, I've waited a long time for the release of Chinese Democracy and on first listen, I was very disappointed. But then I remembered how I needed to listen to Appetite more than once to get into it, and I feel its the case with this album. The more I listen to it, the better it gets and the standout tracks for me are the four concurrent tracks starting from 'Better'.

Is it a masterpiece? Only time will tell, but in my opinion, its close and Chinese Democracy is the most interesting album I've bought in a long time (apart from Muse's 'Black Holes & Revelations'). I now can't stop playing it. Yes, I think we all wished Slash could be on this production, but let's not dismiss the guitarists who are - they are all superb and deserve recognition for their talents, and maybe if the old band members had been involved, the album would never have seen the light of day. Axl Rose is a genius and his voice is amazing. It takes you back to your school days, but at the same time it's new, modern and totally different from anything else out there in the bland production of today's music. Perfection for me would be for Axl to ditch the corn rows and goatie, start promoting this album, and give us a world tour worth waiting for.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2010 10:10 PM GMT

Left to Tell: One Woman's Story of Surviving the Rwandan Genocide
Left to Tell: One Woman's Story of Surviving the Rwandan Genocide
by Immaculée Ilibagiza

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 3 Feb 2007
I was given this book to read after making rave comments about the equally must read 'We Wish to Inform You' by Philip Gourevitch. In 1994 I was 24 and was oblivious to what was going on in Rwanda and only learned when I watched the film Hotel Rwanda. Immaculee's book is both sad and inspiring and her amazing strength and hopefulness for the future, after what she endured and lost, is an inspiration to us all. What happened in Rwanda should be compulsory reading for all of us and I am ashamed at my country's and Allies' shameful actions and response during the holocaust that happened there. What makes people become such animals is beyond comprehension and i cannot understand how none of the Hutus' hearts softened - I guess a catalogue of events and encouragement from Government level is to blame. Lets pray that nothing like this happens again and harden our resolve here in the West to intervene in the future. Good luck to you Immacculee and I am please that you have now been blessed with happiness.

Frederic Fekkai: A Year of Style
Frederic Fekkai: A Year of Style
by Frédéric Fekkai

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegance effortlessly guaranteed, 25 July 2004
This book is one of the best buys I have made. It explains effortlessly how to get that European Chic look, not only outside, but from the inside. Going thorugh every calendar month of the year, it reminds you that we are closely related to the seasons, and therefore should adjust our clothing, personal care routines and diet in accordance with the seasons. It gives excellent tips in dressing, styling your hair elegantly and modernly, and grooming techniques that will enable you to compete with those beautiful women of Provence.

Everything You Need to Know to Help You Beat Cancer: The Ultimate Guide for People Who Have Cancer and Everyone Who Wants to Prevent it
by Chris Woollams

5.0 out of 5 stars The book everyone must have, 29 Mar 2003
I bought this book and read it from cover to cover in a day. Whilst I am not a cancer sufferer, I was interested in how to go about preventing it. This book, whilst useful for sufferers is invaluable to those who want to reduce their chances of ever developing the disease. It is written in an easy to read format and points out the pitfalls of diet, stress and other factors that contribute to the development of this dreadful disease. Not only does it point out where we are going wrong in the western world, but it also provides a huge amount of advice, remedies, treatments and much more, to boost your immune system and vastly improve your health. I would recommend this book to anyone living in the 'West' as a bible for helping you to do everything possible to avoid becoming yet another statistic, and for those who are unlucky enough to be suffering with cancer, it offers practical advice through the stages of various treatments and offers the information needed to decisively ensure you have everything at your disposal to beat it once and for all, and understand the factors that lead you to developing it in the first place. If you buy only one health/fitness or beauty book this year - make this it!