Profile for Capt Hurricane > Reviews

Content by Capt Hurricane

Capt Hurricane (Northampton, UK)

Waring PB20CX Bar / Kitchen Blender
Waring PB20CX Bar / Kitchen Blender
Offered by Fishers Catering Supplies

1.0 out of 5 stars I wasted my money on the Waring PB20E blender which is ..., 19 Dec. 2014
I wasted my money on the Waring PB20E blender which is very similar in price, appearance and operation as this one. I would not recommend any Waring product after that.

The lid will not remain in place no matter how hard you press down on it. If you wish to spread your soup or fruit round your kitchen then this is the product for you!

It is not possible to blend anything larger than a cup of soup and then only if you operate the switch for several extremely quick 'flicks'.

This is quite the worst kitchen gadget that it has been my misfortune to own.

James Martin Mini Grinder ZX595 150 Watt, Stainless Steel
James Martin Mini Grinder ZX595 150 Watt, Stainless Steel

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Design, 12 April 2013
This grinder will grind spices and coffee beans to a powder.

What a shame that the lid is so difficult to remove; impossible with damp hands and could damage your nails as they are needed to lever the top off.

In addition, it is almost impossible to clean residual powders from the blades.

My advice;look for a better design.

Chris Ryan's Strike Back [DVD]
Chris Ryan's Strike Back [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Armitage

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Service at Amazon, 13 Oct. 2011
I ordered Chris Ryan's 'Strike Back' DVD and expected the usual excellent service from Amazon. In fact, I was linked to one of the sub-contractors that was unable to deliver in a reasonable time frame. I, therefore, cancelled the order and have not been back since.

Amazon, you are the prime contractor and should demand service from your sub-contractors or get rid of them.

Ainsley's Ultimate Barbecue Bible
Ainsley's Ultimate Barbecue Bible
by Ainsley Harriott

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 28 July 2008
I had not read anything by Ainsley prior to this and neither watch TV cookery shows! But I do own a number of 'comprehensive' books from the USA about BBQs.

None is as easy to read or filled with such good ideas for marinades, sauces, salads etc.

I am not easily impressed but this book has impressed me and some of my neighbours in Spain who have asked me to buy them a copy!