Profile for C. West > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
New Aluminium Alloy Back Cover White Case for Iphone 4 4S by Koolertron
New Aluminium Alloy Back Cover White Case for Iphone 4 4S by Koolertron

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk about robust!, 15 Nov 2011
First impression - this case is the most robust phone case I've ever seen! In my opinion it also looks pretty good, all metal and well engineered to a nice smooth finish with well printed indicators on the back to direct the user to the various iPhone 4/4s functions. Though i dont need to be shown where the audio jack is all of the above give the impression of quality.

Another positive, the iPhone fits inside the two halves of the case perfectly, another indicator of quality. I must say though I'd did put face and rear protective sheets on my phone before putting it between two lumps of metal, despite the integrated rubber pads just for a bit of confidence.

The biggest plus with this case though is the confidence that it gives you that your incredibly expensive piece of apple kit is well protected in a very structurally solid case for a comparatively small outlay. Yes you could drop it directly onto the screen and it might crack but how could you use your phone without the screen exposed! I'd wager that dropping this on any other part other than the screen and it'll do more damage to the surface it hits than the phone itself. This thing is a weapon!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2012 6:50 AM BST

Sixsixone Unisex Race Brace Pro Ankle Support - Black, Large
Sixsixone Unisex Race Brace Pro Ankle Support - Black, Large
Offered by SkateHut
Price: 19.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Uncomfortable!, 18 Mar 2011
I broke my ankle in May 2010, having gone through the long process of recovery I am now rather fond of my newly healed ankle which despite being quite strong now is still painful and stiff at times. Hence my requirements for ankle support to go about my sporting activities again with confidence. Having seen a few reviews on the internet about this support it was described as comfortable, robust and slimline - good for sporting activities including running. It was a good price so I thought givie it a bash for my next five aside match.

I have nothing good to say about this support I'm afraid. The size was right (I'm size 13) and therefore getting it on and tied up was fine. It was starting to get uncomfortable as soon as I got to the football. By the end of an hour my ankle was agony to the point where I was wondering if there was something wrong with it again! Turns out there is a small concave circular plastic section in the support that presumably is meant to cup your ankle bone. Now either my ankles are misshapen or this piece of plastic is woefully misplaced as the lower edge of it was positioned right across the centre line ok my ankle and the pressure from the support and sports shoes were making it dig in. This was to the extent that when I got it off I had a deep red line across my ankle, the source of all the discomfort! IfI'm honest the support really isn't that robust either, you can quite easily bend the lateral plastic supports with no effort at all.

Long story short this certainly wasn't fit for purpose for me and I can't really believe that my ankles are that strangely shaped or positioned on my leg! One good point was the refund process with amazon was perfect, very easy and fast.

Multi-Catch Metal Mouse Trap
Multi-Catch Metal Mouse Trap
Price: 5.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Outside, 11 Aug 2010
Our mouse problem (so far at least!) seems only to be outside of the house. The little blighters have been seen quite openly sitting on their haunches munching happily through out courgette crop! So they had to go.

Got one of these traps as describe as anodised steel, and suitable for outdoors. Seems well made and the mechanism pretty fault proof. Had it outside for about 2 weeks now and have caught and released a couple of mice, not quite the families I was expecting but each one is a win in my book! Be careful to check the trap regularly, these "humane" traps can quickly become inhumane if you leave the mouse in to long.

All in all for the price, it's a great buy. Top bait tip - Peanut Butter!

Tala Cook's Measure
Tala Cook's Measure
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket!, 18 Jun 2010
How annoying is it, you're following a nice recipe off the net for something exotic and tasty and suddenly it asks you to measure in cups! What is a cup for crying out loud??? A Mug, a beaker???

Well worry no longer, this simple little gadget has all the conceivable measures you could possibly want in the kitchen, even weights! Though I think I'll stick to good old fashioned weighing scales for that. It even does liquids, looking at it I didn't think it would hold liquid as it seems a fairly lightweight folded metal construction. But hold it it did and measured to perfection.

The simple ideas are the best ones.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2013 1:13 PM BST

1000 Mile Compression Sock
1000 Mile Compression Sock
Price: 6.00 - 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Jun 2010
I was advised to buy these to help deal with the swelling after my cast for a broken ankle came off.

All I can say is they seem to be excellent, very well made, extremely comfortable to wear (have hardly noticed they're on when going about daily chores) and at a reasonable outlay. They are very thin so only time will tell how well they'll last but first impressions are very good. Functionally they do the job, swelling seems to be kept from getting any worse.

One thing I did notice though, they are very tight, I guess they have to be as they are compression socks! But this means they are a little tricky to get on over the top of a stiff/painful ankle joint as per the instructions without stretching the material. Overall very happy though.

Braun KSM2 Coffee Grinder (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Braun KSM2 Coffee Grinder (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal!, 9 Jun 2010
This is the perfect accompaniment to my gaggia espresso machine. Grinds the beans to an exceptionally fine consistency perfect for getting that nice film of crema present on your perfect espresso. So disapointed when the missus bought a nespresso machine and relegated my gaggia out of the kitchen! Still use it for the cafetiere to get excellent ground fresh coffee.

Philips Nivea Coolskin HS8060 Moisturizing Rotary Rechargeable Shaving System
Philips Nivea Coolskin HS8060 Moisturizing Rotary Rechargeable Shaving System

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 9 Jun 2010
Well I needed an electric shaver to take to the gym in the mornings so that I could have a quick once over, tidy myself up ready for work and get moving. Now to be fair I'm not the hairiest man in the world, but this shaver does exactly that. Nice shave, don't feel many hairs tugged out rather than sliced. Couple of things I don't like, the shaved hair goes everywhere, my old one had something to catch the shaved hairs. Also the replacement plades are reasonably pricey in my opinion. Overally nice close shave and good sturdy looks, still prefer a proper wet shave though.

Sennheiser PMX70 - Sportline Stereo Neckband Headphones
Sennheiser PMX70 - Sportline Stereo Neckband Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but fairly short lived., 9 Jun 2010
I bought these specificly for my Gym visits on weekday mornings. Sound quality was excellent, no complaints about that whatsoever. However because they are constantly in use in a sweaty situation I expected them to be built to last. They seemed to go rusty or at least a dodgy colour pretty quickly to the point where I didn't really like putting them in my ears anymore! Straight in the bin!

Sony LCS-AMA 100 DSLR Camera Case
Sony LCS-AMA 100 DSLR Camera Case
Offered by WorldTech UK
Price: 34.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok!, 9 Jun 2010
Yes this fits my Alpha A200 camera and proprietary lense perfectly. But as soon as you get another lens which as you get into DSLR photography you're bound to do, it's useless! No space for my new Sony 300mm zoom lens attached to camera. Also feel it's overpriced for what you get. If you're into DSLR phtography, even if you have just one lense at the moment, get a bigger carry bag, you won't regret it in the long run.

SanDisk CompactFlash 4GB Extreme III Memory
SanDisk CompactFlash 4GB Extreme III Memory

5.0 out of 5 stars top marks!, 9 Jun 2010
Bought this for my Alpha A200 and haven't got a bad word to say about it. Everything happens lightning quick, no noticeable delays in writing to disk and I can fit almost 1000 10MP photos on it, ideal!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4