Profile for Harry Buttery > Reviews

Oxford Beginner's Chinese Dictionary
by Oxford University Press
Price: 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs Radical Meanings, 3 Nov 2013
Would love it to have a radical index also as the meaning of the radicals is required as part of my Chinese course. Apart from that an incredibly well produced dictionary at an affordable price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2014 11:49 PM GMT

Welcome To Fyrestone
Welcome To Fyrestone
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes me think., 3 Nov 2013
Not often said of a game soundtrack. But this song in particular, the atmosphere it provides whenever it comes on makes me question the 100s of hours I have piled into BL 1 and 2, the great times I have had playing them or even the novelty of life etc. It is one of my desert island discs.

The BL2 soundtrack is good but doesn't come close to number ones bluesy, industrial, off-worlder sound of BL1. I often play the BL1 soundtrack while playing number 2. I would love to have heard this track come on when *spoiler alert* you return to Fyrestone in number 2.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PC DVD)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PC DVD)
Offered by Digitalville UK
Price: 7.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Harsh Reviews., 3 Nov 2013
Before purchasing this game I have read some harsh reviews from critics. Stating that 'it doesn't reinvent anything', 'does nothing new', etc. etc. I also read some endearing reviews highlighting the games beautiful aesthetics, wicked gameplay etc.

Now I accept that it does nothing new. But how many games released do. Call of Duty has done nothing new for years now, Halo is slowly going off, I feel that the Elderscrolls Skyrim has 0% replayability, the A.I is awful (after bring hit by an arrow they will claim it was their imagination) and spells are BORING but it is regarded by many as one of the best games ever.

Now Kingdoms of Amalur looks beautiful, put up the difficulty and it is pretty darn challenging, the races and classes are equally entertaining and the plot it engaging, the world has so much history and mysticism. For me it is a cross between Fable and Dragon's Dogma.

The classes, are great. The mages, instead of sitting at the back healing and shooting dull fireballs. Can RAIN METEORS FROM THE SKY!, use melee Chakrams and all-powerful staffs. The warrior can become a tank, with heavy armour and huge I mean HUGE, hammers and greatswords. Also using sword/axe/mace and shield for the more defensive player. There is also the rogue which specialises general Ninja behaviour (duel wielding daggers, longbow, stealth etc). Alongside the weapon specialities the classes have unique abilities such as the rogues dodging and smokescreen stuff, mages meteors etc. You can mix and match, spending points in 1, 2 or all 3 of the classes I will soon try out a stealth warrior combo (In Elder ScrolIs I found that a crouching warhammer, hidden battleaxe is more effective than a hidden dagger crouching punch). You may also Fateweave (respec) your points allowing you to completely change your character and the gameplay.

I would love to have seen a martial art class. The Batman/ Sleeping Dogs melee fighting system in a RPG would be kick-ass.

(Un)fortuanately the game didn't sell well, so the price is cheap as chips. I got a copy for 5 off this site, whereas it is 30 on Steam. For a fiver you cannot go wrong.

The Walking Dead Volume 15 TP: We Find Ourselves
The Walking Dead Volume 15 TP: We Find Ourselves
by Robert Kirkman
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking revelations and character development!, 23 Jan 2012
Absolutely brilliant. Some shocking revelations and personal truths are revealed in this volume! You get a nice update on many of the characters emotions and mental stability after the crazy events of the last volumes, furthermore it makes a nice break from the action and chaos. By the end storyline is set up nicely for the next volume. The Walking Dead hasn't got tired, slow or boring. Keep them coming!

In short, it's like the volume 9. after the prison, less zombie killing, more exploration of the human relationships.