Profile for Plank > Reviews

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Dubrovnik & the Dalmatian Coast
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Dubrovnik & the Dalmatian Coast
by James Stewart

2.0 out of 5 stars Disorganised and disappointing, 4 Nov. 2014
This is less of a travel guide, and more a collection of top 10 lists of things to see and do along the Dalmation Coast. I was fairly disappointed at the lack of real information about various attractions in Dubrovnik. Very little historic detail, and it is very disorganised. I found myself flicking from, for example, the top 10 list for Dubrovik, to the top 10 list of the Stradun, etc. and trying to find entries that I'd seen previously but couldn't remember which "top 10" list they came under... I did appeciate a list of restaurants for various budgets, however. Although again, with cafes and bars in a different section of the book to the list of restaurant, flicking back and forth to find what you're looking for is a bit of a chore.

All in all it's disappointing. But better than nothing.... The restaurant list was useful.

I think it'd be more useful if you were, perhaps, sailing along the coast and stopping off at various places along the way (i.e. from Zadar, down to Split, down to Duvrovnik), and just needed a list of things to see.

Guitar Effect Pedal Power Splitter (Daisy Chain) | 5 Output | To Fit BOSS etc.
Guitar Effect Pedal Power Splitter (Daisy Chain) | 5 Output | To Fit BOSS etc.
Offered by Harry's Guitar Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, great product, 10 Sept. 2014
I use this with a Boss adapter (PSA-230ES) to power my Boss loop pedal RC-3 and overdrive OD-3. Works like a charm and in my home setup I do not experience any noise.

It came packed in bubble wrap which is probably adequate for the item, and a great price for a really useful bit of kit.

Shimano Altus RD-M280 Direct Mount Rear Derailleur - Black
Shimano Altus RD-M280 Direct Mount Rear Derailleur - Black
Offered by BIKEANDSERVICE

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fix and well priced for amateur cyclist, 10 Sept. 2014
As a novice cyclist, I was a little apprehensive about replacing the rear derailleur after ruining the original one on a short ride going up a hill!

It was well priced, dead easy to install and now I am riding again. I did have some issues with the cable which I had to replace (after a while not being able to properly calibrate the gears).

It's been on my bike for a couple of months now, and I haven't had any problems. Very happy.

BOSS RC-3 Electric guitar effects Loopers
BOSS RC-3 Electric guitar effects Loopers
Offered by RST Music

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fun! Takes practice, volumes hard to get to grips with, 25 July 2014
I bought this pedal along with the Boss PSA-230es power supply, as I had heard how it goes through batteries... And it's amazing fun. It takes quite a bit of practice not to get lost in your loops, and to get them seamless; make sure you're not strumming any louder at the end of your loop than at the beginning. The volumes on the 10 or so pre-loaded tracks seem pretty ridiculous to me. Even on lowest volume, you couldn't really say it wasn't loud...! But it wasn't an issue for me, as I didn't intend on using them.

Either way, amazing fun and improves my playing and timing massively.

Clarks CPS301 V-Brake Pads Cycle Component - Black, 72 mm
Clarks CPS301 V-Brake Pads Cycle Component - Black, 72 mm
Offered by E-BikesDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value replacement brakes, 25 July 2014
Bought these to replace worn out ones on my hybrid bike. They were (as any other brake of this type) dead easy to fit, and have been on for a month or so now. At this price, they are brilliant value

A word of advice, keep any other washers from your current brakes when you change them. Easy to lose and if you don't use your bike much, they may well rust before the brakes wear down.

HEAD Nano Ti Spector 2.0 Squash Racket - Black/White
HEAD Nano Ti Spector 2.0 Squash Racket - Black/White

5.0 out of 5 stars Good beginner racket, 25 July 2014
I bought this as a gift, so I'd finally have a squash partner to play with. We have played a few games now and it still looks in good shape; I have seen the review stating the racket handle broke, however that has not been the case here. At this price, this seems to me to be an excellent beginner's racket, and certainly I'd be happy playing with it as an intermediate-ish player.

One thing to note, the handle is actually white, not black as shown in the picture. Gets dirty quickly!!

Planet Waves 0.25 inch Male Mono Inline Adapter
Planet Waves 0.25 inch Male Mono Inline Adapter
Offered by D&M Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the idea but..., 26 Jun. 2014
If you have pedals of the same make and the inputs are in line, this seems like a great idea. There is no noise and no interference and I wish I could give this 5 stars. HOWEVER I found that the jacks were not exactly in line. I use the pedals on a carpet so the effect is not noticeable and doesn't present any danger to the input jacks, however I'd certainly be very disappointed I had a hard surface.

I will probably stick to patch cables in the future.

10 x 40W Classic Mini Globes Clear Round Light Bulbs, SES E14 Small Screw, Golf Ball Incandescent Lamps, 390 lm, Mains 240V
Offered by BEST BULBS LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Lava Lamp, 26 Jun. 2014
I have a Mathmos Lava Lamp (An astro, the large size) and needed a replacement bulb. I bought these not being sure they would fit. But I am very happy that they do, and now I have more bulbs than I know what to do with... I suppose I won't have to buy lava lamp bulbs for the rest of my life now...!

Jamie Oliver Potato Masher with Silicone Scraper
Jamie Oliver Potato Masher with Silicone Scraper
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and comfortable to use, 15 Jan. 2014
Comparing the price of this masher to cheaper models may lead you to expect a much higher quality of item, and this delivers. It's stainless steel and feels solid and durable, with a comfortable silicone grip.

Those with non stick pans rejoice, as you will no longer require an extra wooden spoon to scrape the sides of the pan to continue mashing - a silicone scraper on the side of the masher allows you to save up on the washing up. Not a dealbreaker by any means, but demonstrates the high quality of this item. This does not make it any harder to clean, as it can be removed for scrubbing, or, as it is dishwasher safe, it can be stuck in with everything else.

Creamy mash, solid build that will last, and easy to clean. What's not to like?

HEADPHONE ADAPTER PREMIUM QUALITY GOLD, STEREO 3.5mm (Small Socket) To 6.5mm (Big 1/4 inch Jack Plug) For DJs, Earphones And Audio Connections
Offered by POWERPLUS

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 2 Jan. 2014
This took a while to arrive, but given it was the Christmas period I won't get to het up about it.

This is manufactured in China, and so far seems a good adaptor for the headphone out socket (1/4 inch) in my Marshall guitar amp, with the headphone's standard 3.5mm jack. I can't comment on the longevity of it, but it works well so far with no interference and no noise.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6