Profile for sergey > Reviews

Content by sergey

sergey

Beginning Css3 (Expert's Voice in Web Development)
Beginning Css3 (Expert's Voice in Web Development)
by David Powers

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked that book, 15 Dec 2013
This book was a great help for me in mastering CSS. It consolidated my sketchy knowledge of CSS2.1 and introduced me to new features of CSS3. In his book I found a well-balanced mix of practical exercise with theory so I'm going to use as a reference book in my work. Now I plan to follow this book up with some book on HTML5.

Pro C# 5.0 and the .NET 4.5 Framework (Expert's Voice in .NET)
Pro C# 5.0 and the .NET 4.5 Framework (Expert's Voice in .NET)
by Andrew Troelsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth its price, 10 Nov 2013
I enjoyed reading this book. The coverage of C# language is quite in-depth. In addition, excellent introduction to topics like WPF, ASP.NET, WCF. The theory is mixed with many hads-on examples. Quality of text is great, haven't seen any typos or line of code that gave error. Recommend it to anyone who has some knowledge of C# and Visual Studio and wants to get up to date with current technology.

Beginning ASP.Net E-Commerce in C#: From Novice to Professional (Expert's Voice in .NET)
by Cristian Darie

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, efficient code, lots of professional advice, 28 Mar 2013
I think this book is great. The code is very nicely organized into classes and tiers and efficiently processes data. And this book is unique as far as I know in a way that it teaches how to build a fully-functional large-scale web-site on ASP.NET. Before that I read books which had lots of tiny disconnected examples, which is far from the real world tasks. I recommend this book to everyone who has some knowledge of ASP.NET, SQL, C# and wants to put it all together. Maybe my review is a bit late, but I found most of code to be still relevant in .NET 4 Framework. As for the mistakes mentioned in the other reviews, there are some, but they are more like typos,not conceptual mistakes.It doesn't take long to correct them.