Profile for A. M. Adams > Reviews

Letters From Iwo Jima [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ken Watanabe
Offered by pkeylock

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 20 Oct 2014
Superb, and that covers everything about this film. I hate subtitles but in this case I had no problem with them, they didn't cause me to miss anything and I was able to read them before they changed to the next one. Since 99.9% of the film is in Japanese to be without them would be daft.
Having watched the companion film 'Flags of our Fathers' I find that this is far superior even though Flags is very good.
All in all, a top film.

TeckNet® High Precision Programmable Wireless Gaming Mouse With 2000 DPI, Nano Receiver, 5 Programmable Button, 5 User Profiles
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Rubbishy!!!!, 23 Aug 2014
The buttons on the side won't program as set-up. The front is back, the back is nothing, reprogram and the front is back and so on. Will continue to use until I go back to Logitech, then will bin it.
The old adage is true - - You get what you pay for.

Integral Titan 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive with 256-Bit Encryption Software
Integral Titan 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive with 256-Bit Encryption Software

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit of an Animal, 17 July 2014
Well first off, it’s quick even connected to USB 2.0, it’s also fairly large so selection of USB sockets is important as once plugged in on a laptop it prevents another USB device to be connected to the port next-door to it.
The other thing was I tried to save some files in excess of 4 Gig and it didn't want to know, so after saving the security software that came with it to a folder on my hard drive I formatted the stick to NTSC. Now no problems, it takes files of all sizes.
As an aside it comes in a nice tin with internal padding!!!
All in all, an excellent bit of gear, although only owned for a short while.
Recommended.

Ice Pilots NWT
Ice Pilots NWT
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Fly BA (with a difference!!!), 16 July 2014
This review is from: Ice Pilots NWT (DVD)
Great series, however I really think if I fly BA in future it will be British Airways and not Bufallo Airways for some very obvious reasons.
I thing worth mentioning (as it seems impossible to contact Lovefilm customer services, or I can't find it on the web site for this problem) is that there are only 3 episodes on disc one even though the disc sleeve says there are four. I actually hired the disc twice thinking I had overlooked an episode.

The Power of Love
The Power of Love

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound in quality????, 4 April 2014
This review is from: The Power of Love (MP3 Download)
I must admit I like this album. She does a very reasonable job covering some great songs. However I have one reservation......is there something slightly wrong with the volume levels, especially on the first couple of tracks? I'm talking about the download, but it might be the same on the CD. It reminds me of the 'old days' when recording music and the recorder suddenly reduces the recording level when a loud part comes along and from then on the level remains at the reduced level. Perhaps it just me but I'm sure it's there. Anyway even with this, it's a good album.

Easy Fit Vehicle Air Vent Mount Base for Garmin Nuvi GPS
Easy Fit Vehicle Air Vent Mount Base for Garmin Nuvi GPS
Offered by Buybits Addons

5.0 out of 5 stars OK for a Hyundai Matrix (just!), 26 Mar 2014
I was surprised how small the unit was, but this was good, as on the Matrix there aren't many vents to play with. In the end, with a bit of twisting and turning I made it fit on the central vent on the passenger side, however it does obstruct the radio a bit, but in the end it's a lot better than windscreen and silicon pad fixing. I'm yet to try it out and about to find out if my Sat Nav moves around.
Well, I've now tried it out on a longish trip and no problems. It fits the vent perfectly and over the top edge of the radio. It is stable and holds firm.....an excellent buy.
As an extra bit of info - I have been asked if the unit is man enough for a 7" Garmin, well the answer is yes.

Predator (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [1987]
Predator (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [1987]
Dvd ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger

2.0 out of 5 stars More like 2.5D!!, 24 Jan 2014
I like another reviewer had to at times keep taking off my 3D glasses to see if there was any 3D about, often it seemed to have gone missing. On occasions the odd branch or twig stands out and at other times a character stands out, but looks more like a cut out or something that has been pasted on after the shot was taken.
Unlike other older films that have been converted to 3D, this effort seems rushed and produced with little thought for the viewer but more for profit. Many more of this type of conversion will drive away the 3D enthusiast. A real disappointment.

Epson Stylus Px730Wd All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi and Double Side Printing (Print, Copy, Scan and Screen)

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID, 23 Jan 2014
Had this printer for 1 year and 10 months and it has been a problem from early on.
Here is a list of what I have experienced......
Often states paper jammed when it isn't.
When scanning, it crops top and a side edge of scan, making the scan a different size from the item being scanned.
Refuses to print .pdf files from the internet and sometimes from file.
When printing from the internet, often prints at approx 30% of the correct size, forcing me to copy the original and paste to Word to print at 100% size.
Two sided printing very often jams.
Often have to clean heads midway through a printing session as it decides one colour will not print anymore.

I am still struggling to keep it working as there doesn't seem to be any printers out there that will print CDs/DVDs etc...CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ANOTHER PRINTER?????
In all a very poor piece of kit.
Next time I'll get HP or Canon.

Have now found Canon Pixma MG5350 that prints CDs etc. Let's hope this is more successful than this Epson!!!!!!

TECHGEAR® - Micro USB OTG Adapter Cable for USB Host Mode for Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 S2, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Note 3, Note 2 Note 1, Galaxy Alpha - On The Go 5 Pin Micro to Female USB Adapter
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bit of gear, 16 Jan 2014
Handy little gizmo that connects a full size USB stick to the micro USB connection on my tablet.
A lot easier and convenient than having to connect the tablet to a my PC every time I want to transfer
folders or files and even better when using someone else's stick.

Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds - The New Generation: Alive On Stage [Blu-ray] [2012]
Dvd ~ Liam Neeson

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as WOTW1, 25 Oct 2013
Unable to see the live performanace, but watched the show at my local Cineworld.Thoroughly enjoyed the performance which would have had
5***** had it not been for Marti Pellow, who absolutely STINKS!!!!
Will certainly buy the blu-ray when it is released.
It would be good if the first show with the original cast could be released on blu-ray rather than just DVD.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2013 9:33 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3