Profile for Mrs. A. Goodman > Reviews

Content by Mrs. A. Goodman

Mrs. A. Goodman "Smasherann" (Manchester UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Godforsaken Daughter
The Godforsaken Daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars A story that slowly draws you in and captures your imagination, 30 Mar. 2015
I wasn't quite sure about this book at the beginning but I liked Ruby even though she was a bit too passive to start with.

Her growth as a person was lovely to see and this kept me reading. The characters were shown with all their faults and inhibitions caused partly by superstitions and belief in a vengeful religion.
The other story running along side of this had a mystery attached. Where had Henry's wife disappeared to, and why? Again I liked him very much as he grew in understanding and he was finally able to throw off his fears of change and go for a new and very different life.

Altogether I feel it was a very enjoyable story with its mix of comedy & sadness. (The other lively characters were entertaining too, Rose & her husband were hilarious). I will be looking for other books by this author and recommend this to you (whoever is reading my review).

Township
Township

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun & addictive, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Township (App)
This is a simple game of growing buying & selling in your own town. Design your layout as you progress. It's easy move everything around re-designing as your town grows.

I also like looking at other people's towns and being able to fill their requests as well as getting help. Not essential but adds to the fun.

Definitely recommended.

The Great Christmas Knit Off
The Great Christmas Knit Off

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 30 Jan. 2015
I enjoyed every page with all its humour and crafty loveliness. As a fellow 'craft- oholic' (mainly knitting & crotchet) I can truly empathise with the crafty characters. I, too, would love to spend my days working & crafting in Hettie' emporium. Lots of hilarious moments with the contrasting sad moments.

Wonderful :)

The Man in the High Castle
The Man in the High Castle
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start to a new series. Great concept. More please, 27 Jan. 2015
From the first moment to the last this pilot kept me gripped. Terrifying idea of Nazi/Japanese ruling America. I thought the acting was excellent & the atmosphere suitably dark & full of paranoia & fear.

Great start, I would love to see this continue.

Mirrors of Albion
Mirrors of Albion

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, 18 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Mirrors of Albion (App)
I'm enjoying this game because it's lively, colourful and fun. Lots going on in the map as well as in the actual scenes means you can play different little games which makes it more interesting.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, useful ribbon, 7 Jan. 2015
Very nice ribbon for adding the finishing touch to my baby knitting & crochet. Excellent price and delivery.

MAINS CHARGER FOR ORANGE/VODAFONE NOKIA N8 MOBILE PHONE
MAINS CHARGER FOR ORANGE/VODAFONE NOKIA N8 MOBILE PHONE
Offered by Genesys

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't work properly, 7 Jan. 2015
I ended up with more than I thought I ordered due to problems with the internet when I was trying to pay for them. However none seem to work very well and often our phones aren't charging as they should. So I have given up with them altogether, waste of money.

Very disappointing and I'm still trying to decide what to do with them!

The Falling
The Falling
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Wooden, appalling drivel - don't give it house room!, 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Falling (Amazon Instant Video)
I wish I had read the reviews before I started watching this. It is truly dreadful! The acting is the worst I have ever seen and I had to give up and do something more interesting - like watching paint dry....

The film seemed to get more wooden and unbelievable as it went on and it felt as though someone was trying to make some sort of arty dark suspense drama but they failed miserably. Instead 'The Falling' is the most boring, waste of a couple of hours.

If you read this before you start watching take my advice watch something else and don't bother with this drivel.

Farm Heroes Saga
Farm Heroes Saga

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, fun & very addictive, 20 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Farm Heroes Saga (App)
Play this every day but because you only get limited lives you can play for short periods. Doesn't feel as though refilling takes too long so that's fine. Like it better than Candy crush (I got totally stuck & got fed up with it). I haven't with this & still love it.

Journey 2 - The Mysterious Island
Journey 2 - The Mysterious Island

5.0 out of 5 stars Corn & Cliche ridden fabulous fun!, 24 Nov. 2014
This is such a great film for a wet, grey afternoon. It made me smile and laugh at the antics of the characters who do, indeed, rise above the amazing special effects and very corny beginning to give lovely performances.

I was surprised Dwayne Johnson isn't a bad actor because some similar actors are quite awful! He is able to make fun of himself without losing character. I always love Michael Cain in all his films and his catchphrase 'Who is up for an adventure?' is now one of my favourites. :)

All in all I would recommend this for families and anyone who needs a bit of light relief from the unnecessary violence & bad language of many current films; plus it might even encourage people to read the classic books used in the film!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6