Profile for WibbleWobble > Reviews

Content by WibbleWobble

WibbleWobble (Cheshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Sunbolt (The Sunbolt Chronicles Book 1)
Sunbolt (The Sunbolt Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A new favourite author!, 23 Sept. 2015
I LOVED this book, I'm just sad it was so short - I didn't want it to end. I've tried a few indie authors over the years but none have been anything like as good as Intisar. I have a major book hangover now (though her other book, Thorn, helped a bit) and can't wait for the next installment. Fantastic storyline, great characters, lovely writing - nothing not to like. Intisar is definitely right up there now on my 'favourite authors' list! Pleasseeeee write more, Intisar!

The Very Scary Zoo: A Read Aloud Adventure
The Very Scary Zoo: A Read Aloud Adventure

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 2 Sept. 2015
My 2 and 3 year olds love this book. They enjoy the photos of all the animals and guessing/remembering what comes. Even for me it was initially entertaining and educational, learning the proper names for groups of animals (e.g. 'a bask of crocodiles') - there were several I hadn't known before. Now I love reading it to the kids as there are loads of little 'games' we play to it, simple things like 'how many elephants can you see?'. It's great for teaching days of the week too. Just one thing I should mention, this doesn't work on a standard Kindle; I had to download the Kindle app on my tablet to read it.

Childrens Favourites
Childrens Favourites
Offered by Not2day Media

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge, varied collection - but not original songs, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Childrens Favourites (Audio CD)
Well known songs, sung by unknown artists. I cringe every time I listen to 'Inspector Gadget' or 'Pokemon', they just sound terrible!

Russell Hobbs 14899 Platinum Grind and Brew Coffeemaker, 1.25 L - Silver and Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Glass jug broke within a week. Very weak, watery coffee., 2 Jan. 2014
Well, the glass jug broke today, just from placing it in the sink! I heard a crack and noticed that the whole bottom had broken off.

Beyond the lack of durability, the coffee this maker just doesn't make good coffee. I got it as a potential replacement for my Nespresso, as the capsules for that are just so expensive and there isn't enough variety. I also like having a big cup of black coffee, rather than a latte, espresso, etc. On paper, I thought this would be ideal, but our first few attempts resulted in the wateriest, weakest coffee I've ever had! It was like dishwater.

As another reviewer said, the machine will use as much water as you put in, regardless of the cups you tell it you want. Selecting how many cups you want is only determining how many beans are ground. So, you can, potentially, grind enough beans for 10 cups but only put in water for 2 - 4 cups. This will give you a good strong cup, but it's still not as good as I'd hoped and you'll spend a fortune on coffee beans!

If you like strong, dark coffee, don't get this machine.

The Wilful Princess and the Piebald Prince
The Wilful Princess and the Piebald Prince

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing prequel to the Farseer trilogy., 23 Nov. 2013
I wanted to review the product here, as I also suffered the initial disappointment of buying this version and then not being able to read it on my Kindle! I initially gave this a one-star rating to warn others. However, I've since discovered that if you search for this title directly from your Kindle (rather than at Amazon.co.uk), you'll be able to purchase and read a cheaper, image-free version on any regular Kindle. And it's WELL worth doing!

This version has some pictures that apparently can only be displayed on a Kindle Fire/smartphone/tablet. If you aren't bothered about the images or would like to read this on a regular Kindle, leave this page and get this version instead: The Wilful Princess and the Piebald Prince

This was a fantastic, 'historical' account of the Piebald Prince and the Farseer lineage - narrated by Felicity, who was the Wilful Princess's confidante. Like Fitz, she grew up in Buckkeep and it's lovely to be back there! The story is beautifully written and, even in this relatively short novella, Hobb manages to develop and bring the characters to life perfectly.

It doesn't take too long to read, but I was utterly engrossed from start to finish and, as it's the best story I've read in some time, I feel it's worth the price (£6.99 through the Kindle Store).

If you enjoyed the Farseer trilogy, you'll love this :)

SimCity - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
SimCity - Limited Edition (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice graphics but terrible game., 9 Mar. 2013
I don't feel like the Amazon description explains this clearly enough, so just in case somebody's reading this that doesn't know already - you will NEED to be connected to the Internet to play this game.

Because the game's stored on the EA servers, whether you're able to play or not will depend not only on those server's stability, but also on your own Internet connection. If you don't have a stable, unlimited broadband connection, then I really don't recommend buying this.

When I beta-tested the game, all the issues that people are experiencing at the moment still existed. Both myself and others posted lots of comments regarding the problems, but these were clearly ignored. EA have simply gone ahead and released the game regardless. Why have beta-testers if you aren't prepared to listen to them? It just goes to show how little they actually care about their customers. I'm assuming they're hoping to generate sales simply on hype and, hey, who cares if the players actually enjoy it or not?

As for the game itself? Well, the cities are miniscule, so it's boring. It feels like they've put more effort in to all the 'sharing' features than they have on the gameplay; so unless you really enjoy sharing achievements or playing games on Facebook, you'll probably be disappointed. The graphics are pretty impressive, but it's just not enjoyable. I just felt stressed whenever I played it. Perhaps I just got too frustrated with all the bugs and connection issues to appreciate it, but I really can't recommend this game to anybody, even without the launch issues.

Sim City (PC DVD)
Sim City (PC DVD)
Offered by Turbotrance

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice graphics but terrible game., 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Sim City (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)

JW Bad Cuz Medium 100g - Colour May Vary
JW Bad Cuz Medium 100g - Colour May Vary
Offered by Crocodile Web Group

5.0 out of 5 stars The one toy my dog can't destroy in less than 3 minutes, 16 April 2012
My dog loves these! Most toys he destroys within minutes, but these actually last. They're very durable and feel 'safe', with no loose parts or anything he could hurt himself on. The squeaking is actually quite pleasant, at least compared to some really high-pitched squeaky toys he's had in the past. They bounce well, which makes them fun for him to chase and try to catch. Overall, I can't fault them at all. They're one of only two toys he really loves.

Premier Housewares Shower Riser Kit 4 Mode Showerhead - Chrome
Premier Housewares Shower Riser Kit 4 Mode Showerhead - Chrome
Offered by shower pro

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad - fair for the price, 16 April 2012
The title says there are 4 modes to the showerhead. The product I received only has 3. If there's a 4th, it eludes me.

Besides that, this looks and feels a bit cheap and tacky, but for less than £30, I can hardly complain. I was expecting more, but forgot the golden rule - you get what you pay for.

For the price, this is a fair product. It works fine and looks okay. I'd hoped I'd found a real bargain, but this is just what I would expect for around the £30 mark. I would have been disappointed with the quality and overall feel/finish/look if I'd paid any more.

Hot Dog Maker / Popcorn Maker / Electric Egg Boiler / Steamer - Percfect All-in-One Kitchen Gadget

2.0 out of 5 stars So so for hotdogs, rubbish for the rest, 22 Feb. 2012
If you want this for popping corn, I'd really recommend you look elsewhere. Once you've popped the corn (which it doesn't do very well), you have to pick the whole unit it and turn it upside, somehow without losing your grip on the container so as not to spill all the popcorn. The base is hot and turning it upside down whilst holding the container is awkward.

The hotdogs are no better than if you simmer them in a pan - but I guess it's a little easier and you can keep them warming for longer. The bun warmers don't warm the rolls much - but they do make nice holes for the sausages.

As a steamer/egg boiler, I wouldn't bother. This unit would have been better off just marketed as a hotdog heater. The rest of the features just seem to be things that the makers figured they could tack on as an afterthought. It doesn't seem to be properly designed to do any of the extra stuff.

Page: 1 | 2