Profile for A. Pilkington > Reviews

Content by A. Pilkington

A. Pilkington (Devon, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Stanley Chalk Line 30M         0-47-100
Stanley Chalk Line 30M 0-47-100

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Chalk Line, 7 Nov 2013
This chalk line is very well made and will last for years. I have one that is 15 years old (this model was painted yellow in the past) and it is still going strong. I have tried the more modern Stanley geared quick rewind chalk lines (costing twice as much as this one) and they only lasted a matter of months before all the plastic gearing fell apart, leaving the chalk line unusable.

This is a simple, traditional chalk line, built tough and long lasting. Highly recommended.

Nokia 700 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Grey (discontinued by manufacturer)
Nokia 700 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Grey (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, 4 Sep 2012
I have this phone on a Vodafone contract, and after about three months of using it I still really love it. It is a really great phone. For me the positives are:

- It is small, not much bigger than my old standard phone, so fits in the pocket really well.

- The screen is top quality, very good colours and the touch screen works perfectly.

- The Nokia Belle software is a great improvement on previous software, and very intuative to use.

- Nokia maps are perfect, and do not use data whilst in use.

- Battery life ok, lasts all day even with heavy use, and if just used as a phone, will last for at least 4 days.

- Sound qualilty and volume very good, the ringing volume is also loud enough.

- Very good looking phone, and also well built, seems very tough.

There are really no negative points as far as I am concerned, perhaps the camera could be better in low light, but in good day light it takes great pictures.

I would highly recommend this phone to anyone who wants a quality, small format smartphone. Really great build quality and software.

Elba Bright Manilla Document Wallet 285gsm Capacity 32mm Foolscap Assorted Ref 26610 [Pack of 25]

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 1 May 2012
These folders are ok quality, but are of much thinner card than others I have used in the past, so are ok for storing documents, but would probably not stand regualar use. Ok for the price, but I would try to find better quality ones next time.

Seiko QHE019S Bedside Alarm Clock
Seiko QHE019S Bedside Alarm Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Oct 2011
This alarm clock is very well made, and runs very quietly. It has a snooze and light button on the front and the alarm on/off button is on the top, so both are easy to reach. I have had it for a few months and it has kept time perfectly. I think its well worth the extra few pounds compared to some of the lower cost options.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Lead, 12 July 2011
This data cable works very well and looks well made. Works reliably on both my Nokia phones. Very good value for the quality.

Rexel Torador Full Strip Stapler 73mm Throat Depth Black/Silver (25 Sheet Capacity)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Stapler, 12 July 2011
I have had a few low cost staplers in the past, but was becoming increasingly annoyed by their poor performance, mainly not being able to staple through many pages, and staples not being bent over properly. This stapler is excellent, very well made and staples without any problems. I would highly recommend this stapler over any of the lower cost plastic ones.

Plastic Beach
Plastic Beach
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Must Buy Album, 18 July 2010
This review is from: Plastic Beach (Audio CD)
Plastic Beach is my favourite Gorillaz album to date. Like some other reviewers, I had to listen to it a few times to really get to love it, but some of the songs are truly beautiful, both musically and vocally. Some of Damon Albarn's vocals are really great, as are ones from Little Dragon singer Yukimi Nagano, who has a beautiful voice.

As with previous Gorillaz albums, I did not find all tracks to my liking, but this collection contains some truly great music. My favourites include Stylo, Empire Ants, On Melancholy Hill, Broken and To Binge.

For me, Gorillaz get better with the release of each album, Gorillaz being my least favourite, Demon Days is good, but Plastic Beach is great, and is amongst my favourite albums of all time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 May 2010
I have been using Windows 7 for about a month now. My previous operating system was Windows XP, and I find Windows 7 far superior. It takes a little while to get used to new ways of doing things, but once this happens, most things can be achieved quickly and intuitively. I had only one problem, my old printer/scanner from my previous PC would not work under Windows 7 (this may be because it is 64bit) even though HP said it would, but I guess that's HPs fault, and not that of MS. I would highly recommend this operating system!

Yoga Rhythms: Compiled By Shiva Rea
Yoga Rhythms: Compiled By Shiva Rea

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Best, 6 Mar 2010
This CD has a couple of nice tunes on it, but as a whole does not really do it for me, and some of the tunes are actually a little irritating, which is not really what you want when trying to feel relaxed! See my other reviews for a better one.

The Cocktail Bible: Over 600 Cocktails Shaken, Stirred and on the Rocks (Hamlyn Food & Drink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 12 Jan 2010
This is a lovely book, colourful, lots of pictures and good quality. Lots of drinks are included. Great present.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4