Profile for Mr. Liam Wharnsby > Reviews

Content by Mr. Liam Wharnsby

Mr. Liam Wharnsby (Romford, Essex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Take To The Skies (Ltd Edition CD + DVD)
Take To The Skies (Ltd Edition CD + DVD)
Offered by MasterDVD
Price: 11.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty damn good!, 25 Mar 2007
I've been into enter shikari for a while now. Some of their songs don't always quite work, others sound amazing. Sorry You're Not A Winner, Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour, and Enter Shikari are standout tracks that work perfectly. Other songs sound awkward and the album kind of drops off towards the end. There is also only really 11 tracks on this album. Including the intro and the closing there are 6 fillers/interludes.

All of this aside, I actually like this album and I like the band. They are creating something slightly different and fresh. In the parts of this album where it all comes together you can really tell that enter shikari are pretty special.

I'd deffinately recomend buying this album. Even if it's not all to your taste you'll find something that you'll like. I personally listen to Sorry You're Not A Winner about 20 times a day.

Artwork is pretty damn sweet as well. Not the clasic metal album artwork which always seem to show death, distruction and fire.

In Vogue [Us Import]
In Vogue [Us Import]
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, at last something new in hardcore!, 20 Mar 2007
This review is from: In Vogue [Us Import] (Audio CD)
This album is amazing. I got a copy last week and since then I've listened to it everyday. It's so random and easy to listen to. It's not one of those albums that takes a month before you like it. I love the addition of a piano in hardcore. The vocals and the music are equaly excellent. Also love the beatdowns throughout. If you like Norma Jean, This Runs Through, Underoath, Parkway Drive, I Killed the Prom Queen Etc you'll like this. It's kind of a mix of a lot of different hardcore/screamo. Also a slight hint of Blood Brothers in there, but not in an annoying way. BUY IT! Soon they'll be big and then you'll look cool cos you told everyone first. Then you can become the ultimate scene kid.

Kezia
Kezia
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars what coheed could have been!, 20 Mar 2007
This review is from: Kezia (Audio CD)
This album is wicked, the singing reminds me of coheed and cambria, but then there are some pretty big growls on there which coheed aren't in the business of doing. The music is very technical and very fast. The drumming is very fast and sounds nice and clean. The production in pretty damn good. I'd recomend this for hardcore and emo fans, although a lot of hardcore fans may find the clean vocals not to their taste. I personally prefer slightly more screaming and growling, and a few more beatdowns, however it's a good album to put on when the girlfriend comes round. I also really like keyboards in heavy music, I'm a big fan of underoath and drop dead, gorgeous. If you're not sure I'd recomend checking out their website/myspace for some previews.

TeckNet FM12 Portable Stereo MP3 FM Transmitter/Modulator With 205 Channels (For All Ipods, Creative, Samsung, Sony Models & All Other MP3/MP4 Players)

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap for a reason, you get what you pay for!, 24 Feb 2007
This item is listed as under a pound. That for a start is a lie, because P&P is over 6. That's 600% more than the cost of the product. Amazon should have rules for market place items.

My other main issue is that this product is pretty poor. Even 1 meter away from the radio causes it problems, and that is in the house. In my car it was even worse, i had to use my rear cig lighter so i could wrap the wire around my hand brake, so that the hand break effectively used my car as an arial.

Every time you turn the thing on you need to re-tune the radio cos the signal changes every time. Also due to it's tiny writing and tiny switch, it's very annoying to use on the move when you are driving. Most of the time there is background noise and radio stations cut in. I don't even live in a big city.

I also think it needs more choice of frequencies as the ones it holds are no good if there is already something on them. The power lead also doesn't connect properly so can fall out, and if that happens you just get a plast of static very loud, because you've had to turn up your radio.

Only by this product if you live in the sticks and you have money to spare and no other option.

I hate writing bad reviews but i really mean it when i say don't just go for it cos it's cheap...it's cheap cos it's rubbish!

Unsung (Ep)
Unsung (Ep)
Price: 13.25

4.0 out of 5 stars A new band for ex-Norma Jean singer, 15 Feb 2007
This review is from: Unsung (Ep) (Audio CD)
This is Josh's band, he was the singer on Norma Jeans first album BTMKTC. This EP is pretty damn cool, sounds very similar to old Norma Jean stuff. Only reason for 4 stars is cos it's not long enough, and the CD design is not very good...I suppose if they are the worst things about a CD thats pretty sweet. I'd strongly advise any fan of Norma Jean to by this CD just to see what Josh is up to.

Until Forever Finds Me
Until Forever Finds Me
Price: 11.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, a must for any fan of Underoath, 11 Feb 2007
This review is from: Until Forever Finds Me (Audio CD)
Well I bought this CD cos it's the band that Spencer, the singer sang in before joining Underoath. Basically it sounds like Underoath but a bit more hardcore than the last 2 CD's. It is pretty much hardcore by numbers. I would rate this CD along side Poison the Well's "Opposite of December". It's that good. There is no best song on this CD basically cos they are all brilliant. I've owned this for 3 days and I thnk I must have listened to it about 30 times.

Western Digital 250GB "My Book" Premium 1C External Hard Drive USB2.0/Firewire
Western Digital 250GB "My Book" Premium 1C External Hard Drive USB2.0/Firewire

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the box, 5 Feb 2007
Well not much to say other than this product is exactly what it says it is. You plug it into the power, plug it into your computer and it installs its self.

I'm basically using it as a safeguard for my important files. My pc has 250gb harddrive to. So I use the pc one for programs and downloaded crap that I don't really care to much about. And the external one for Music, Pictures and Important documents. Keeps both harddrives clean as well.

Only issue i have is that when I ordered this item I was under the impression I was buying it from Amazon direct. However it turns out I was buying it from some French company. The thing is, I didn't click on any kind of market place link or tab. Perhaps Amazon need to put much bigger writing to say who you are buying from. Anyways it turned up fine and it works.

If you want a 250gb external harddrive that works with either usb or firewire and you have around [...] then I'd advise to buy this one. It looks lovely and the blue light display is cool. Also very small so fits on a computer desk very easily. Makes very little noise. Has an on off button and comes with everything you need. There is also a cheaper version which doesn't have firewire and apparently makes a little bit of noise, so if your budget is smaller then perhaps go for that option.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Xbox 360)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bargain Games UK
Price: 18.49

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!, 26 Jan 2007
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Well basically this game is a let down. I've barely got anywhere in the game and already I'm bored and frustrated. The controls are pretty lame. The loading screens are annoying and take way too long. Also what is up with the save function, there are huge chunks where you cannot save the game, and then if you die or want to go out and live your life, you have to start miles back on some annoying level that was never fun to begin with.

The 3rd stage after the town part, just after you get thrown off of a whale is pretty damn annoying as you cannot control your speed and have no idea where you are heading, and if you hit a wall or a bad guy you're dead, then you have to start from the end of stage 1 again.

The town parts are as another reviewer said BORING! And to be quite honest I was left hating every character in this game.

And why does sonic not have any weapons, I know he doesn't usually, but it makes killing bad guys very boring as you cannot fight them properly. Also most of the game is spent guiding an uncontrolable sonic to his death.

The 2 player mode is just as lame, my brother played it with me for 10 minutes before requesting we play pro-evo 6 instead!!!

Plus points, and my only reason for any stars at all was the games intro, which looks the dogs b******s until sonic appears. Sonic unlike the rest of the 3D intro is 2D and cartoonish. I realise of course that sonic has always been this was, but it doesn't blend.

Unless you can get this game for under [...] don't buy it. Oh unless you're a die hard sonic fan and you probably bought it already. BE WARNED!

I can't wait for Halo 3 and GTA4! I hope I don't have to write another one of these bad reviews.

This Is a Spark of Life
This Is a Spark of Life
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 11 minutes and 20 seconds ever!, 8 Dec 2006
This review is from: This Is a Spark of Life (Audio CD)
I'm gonna start by saying this album lasts 11 minutes and 20 seconds. I'm not joking. There are 10 tracks! If you've ever heard Shai Hulud, then you know what this sounds like, just imagine if they made all their songs faster. That's because this is their side project. Now I bought this album from amazon market place because it only costs 3.40, I'd recomend you do the same, unless you wanna pay a tenner for a very short CD. All that aside, the CD is amazing. It's also quite funny if you hear all the little interludes. Well worth buying if you are a shai Hulud fan or even just a fan of punk, thrash or hardcore as it's kinda all 3.

Beware, this CD will leave you wanting more! About 30 minutes more!

As Daylight Dies
As Daylight Dies
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 5.02

5.0 out of 5 stars How the shizzle have they made 4 great albums?, 26 Nov 2006
This review is from: As Daylight Dies (Audio CD)
I've been a KSE fan since the self titled album back when Adam D was the drummer and Jesse Leach was in charge of vocals. Alive of Just Breathing followed on smoothly, the sound barely changed. Although on that album Adam D moved to the guitars and Tom Gomes came in to play drums.

Then Jesse and Tom left, I thought it may be the end for KSE, most bands tend to die when they bring in a new singer. But Howard Jones and Justin Foley came in from BloodHasBeenShed, The End of Heartache came out, and they proved that the right changes can improve even a band as great as KSE.

Howards vocals are a perfect blend of agression and melody. He's also a big guy, which makes KSE look as hard as they sound. As Daylight Dies is in my opinion the best album yet, it's got a much more polished sound than the previous albums, and with Adam D producing in the same way he's produced many hardcore albums its no suprise this sounds so good.

I've listened to this album a lot already but can't choose a standout song. They're all amazing, and when the CD finishes you want to hear it all again. If you are already a fan then this is a no brainer, you just have to buy it. If you're into Hardcore/Metalcore then the same applies. Not only are they great on CD they are also great live so I'd recomened getting tickets for the shows in 2007.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4