Profile for Dav-t > Reviews

LG Electronics G3 4G Smartphone 16 GB (UK SIM-Free, Android, 5.5 inch) - Black
LG Electronics G3 4G Smartphone 16 GB (UK SIM-Free, Android, 5.5 inch) - Black
Offered by GSMHEROEUROPE

1.0 out of 5 stars Gravely disappointed., 31 Dec. 2015
Short and sweet, I cannot fault Amazon's speedy delivery and after sales service.
The phone itself is hugely disappointing as the screen is very washed out and overly bright. No amount of tinkering with the screen brightness can improve this. Contrast is also too high and colours are unimpressive. Compared to Samsung's super amoled screens, this LG G3 doesn't get a look in. Battery performance is also abysmal and the unit overheats. Support from LG's customer service is non existent. Avoid at all costs.

Hidom High Efficiency Quiet Adjustable Multi-Speed Twin Outlet Aquarium Air Pump - 4w 4.0 LPM
Offered by Finest Filters

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 21 Dec. 2015
All I can say is that this air pump is a bargain and does a great job. Initially I thought it wouldn't be that powerful and would be quite noisey, well I was wrong. I've attached two bubble walls to this and it's great. Noise wise, well there's very little vibration from the unit itself. Noise generated greatly depend on the type of bubble wall you use. The finer the bubbles, the less the noise is. Bigger the bubbles, more the noise (noise comes from bubbles in tank, not the unit) Overall, for under £9 you can't complain.

WD Diskless  My Cloud EX2  Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBVKW0000NCH-EESN
WD Diskless My Cloud EX2 Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBVKW0000NCH-EESN
Offered by VisionTech2000-UNITED KINGDOM

1.0 out of 5 stars Very slow with poor software, 15 Dec. 2015
This NAS Drive has the potential to be a great piece of networking kit, but unfortunately is let down by the unit's firmware and windows software.

Firstly, having usb 3.0 ports and gigabit Lan would give you the impression of fast transfer speeds? Well it's not. First attempt involved transferring mp4 files (approx 2tb worth) from an external hard drive via USB 3.0 and using the WD My cloud windows software. Well it took over ten hours. Then when I checked the finished files on the WD drive, most were missing, actually half were!!

So I deleted all the transferred files and started again, using the gigabit connection. Two days later, it was still transferring data. I am using gigabit cables; Lan indicator light verifies this, along with the usb 3.0 drives that work perfectly transferring data from drive to drive.

All in all, I wouldn't consider buying this drive if you plan to use it for video storage. It's extremely slow!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2015 2:37 PM GMT

Duronic Hurricane 4 in 1 Rechargeable Wind-Up Dynamo Flashing Red LED, 10 LED Lantern & 3 LED Torch - USB Charging Function + 2 Year Warranty
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot praise enough., 29 Oct. 2015
For £12.99, you cannot go far wrong. The casing is rubberised and quite robust. It's compact to store in your car or a closet for emergencies. Light wise, it's pretty good. The spotlight can achieve a distance of a few hundred metres and the lantern gives enough illumination to light your way during a power cut. It can be wound up or plugged into a USB connector to charge up. Manually charging by wind up requires three winds per second in order to sustain a decent enough charge. Overall, a bargain price.

10KG MALTBYS STORES PEANUTS WILD BIRD FOOD
10KG MALTBYS STORES PEANUTS WILD BIRD FOOD
Offered by Maltbys Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars The birds love them., 4 Oct. 2015
Since I started putting these nuts out for the Robin, we now have a greenfinches and blue tits visiting regularly. Our wildlife love these nuts and I'll certainly be buying more, which I think will be soon.

AmazonBasics Light Microfibre Duvet - Single
AmazonBasics Light Microfibre Duvet - Single

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with the quality., 21 Sept. 2015
This Amazon basics quilt is great. I suffer from eczema and psoriasis and I get very warm in bed at night. I frequently throw off my main duvet cover and place the Amazon quilt on, as it's light enough to keep you cool without smothering you with too much warmth. It's the perfect balance and can be placed back in its zip bag when not in use.

BT8500 Advanced Call Blocker Cordless Home Phone (Twin Handset Pack) (Certified Refurbished)
Offered by Telephones Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Say goodbye to unsolicited calls., 20 Sept. 2015
My family and I were being plagued with unwelcomed calls, so I bought this BT8500 from Amazon. Well, the phone was very easy to set up and after a few days use, the unsolicited calls that had previously been trying to sell us everything from solar panels, PPI Insurance and gas boilers have ceased. Up to 1000 numbers can be blocked. As well as withheld, no number and international calls. All numbers stored on your built in address book always get through. Highly recommended.

Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive
Offered by Take a Bite

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot praise enough., 20 Sept. 2015
This drive boots up on a Windows 7 Professional PC in under ten seconds. I found the drive very easy to install and set-up, especially to a laymen. I basically attached the drive to a caddy and then used the supplied software to transfer everything from my old HDD to the new one. After 20-mins, once it had completed, I swapped the drives over and the transfer process was absolutely flawless.

Long Life Lamp Company Automatic LED Night Light - White
Long Life Lamp Company Automatic LED Night Light - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 17 Sept. 2015
This light was specifically bought to light our very dark hallway at night and it's very good. It's bright enough to light your way, but not intrusive enough that it shines under your bedroom door to keep you awake. At only £5 it certainly does the job, highly recommended.

All Pond Solutions 1000EF Aquarium External Filter, 1000 Litre/ Hour
All Pond Solutions 1000EF Aquarium External Filter, 1000 Litre/ Hour
Offered by All Pond Solutions

1.0 out of 5 stars Lacklustre at best., 5 Aug. 2015
I had high hopes for this filter. However, after several months of use I can now unequivocally say that its performance is a lot to be desired.

The initial setting up of the filter took several hours and was an absolute headache. Once up and running, I found the flow from the spray bar to be quite insufficient. So I removed the spray bar completely and it worked a bit better.

After two months, the impeller started to vibrate severely. Upon closer examination, the ceramic shaft had broken. So I rang All Pond Solutions where I spoke to Lucy. She said it was not their problem, as I bought it from Amazon and not them. However I pointed out that they were the manufacturer and I needed support, to which I was impudently told again that it was not their problem. I contacted Amazon, they said if I buy the spare part from them, then they'd reimburse me for the expense.

Recently, I decided to change the filter pads. Initially upon my purchase the pads were £5.99. Now they have jumped up to £7.49. So I'm not at the stage of cutting my losses and paying the extra for a better unit.

For anyone considering purchasing one of these? Then think about its longevity, it may be £50, but the quality is not there and the after-sales support from All Pond Solutions is non-existent. Their staff are obtuse and unwilling to assist you should anything go wrong.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4