Profile for CountryWoodSmoke > Reviews

Barbecue Crossroads: Notes and Recipes from a Southern Odyssey
Barbecue Crossroads: Notes and Recipes from a Southern Odyssey
by Robb Walsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Dec. 2014
Totally awesome book, I love it.

ProQ® V-Tong
ProQ® V-Tong
Offered by Mac's BBQ

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Tongs for BBQ, 15 Dec. 2014
This review is from: ProQ® V-Tong
If like many BBQers I struggle with tongs, many are flimsy, and poorly made, soon rust or struggle to hold the large joints of meat we throw around, then you’ll be as relieved as I was when I got my hands on these. Ok, so I haven’t run them for longevity tests, but as they are stainless they should last, but I had to test out their strength, they are claimed to be able to carry 3kg of meat, I didn’t have anything quite this big, but was comfortably able to pick up a 2kg slab of beef plate, without them even breaking a sweat.
I love the way they extend scissor fashion, and also open wide to easily manage a pork shoulder or brisket, the tong ends are wide enough to allow control, and then handles are wide and comfortable to handle hours by the grill.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Easy Festive Food for a Stress-Free Christmas
Easy Festive Food for a Stress-Free Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping cool over Christmas, 18 Nov. 2013
What a wonderful selection of ideas recipes and cheats to get you effortlessly through the festive season.
Top job Suzy.

The Leftovers Handbook: A-Z of Every Ingredient In Your Kitchen with Inspirational Ideas For Using Them
by Suzy Bowler

5.0 out of 5 stars Make the most of the food you buy, 3 Oct. 2013
I'm a big fan of the books of Cornwall based Suzy Bowler, the" Lush Ice Cream without a machine" book has changed the way I make Ice Cream, and has made it so easy, so I was pleased to be able to review her new book "The Leftovers Handbook" with relish, as I was specifically looking for ideas for the leftover meat that sometimes occurs from my BBQ cooking. But it was the sheer depth of using the ingredients that I found most inspiring about this book, there really is a use for everything leftover, from Aïoli to Zest. This section is more ideas, there is a basic recipe section at the end, which has some real gems, and a useful section of storecupboard essentials.
At the moment the book is on special offer at Amazon and is worth every penny, in these tough financial times, this is a book that will make the most of the food we buy.

Luscious Ice Creams without a Machine ...: ... or much Time or Effort or having to Mash the Stuff as it Freezes! (Suzy Bowler's Key Recipes Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Have a machine but still great, 30 Jan. 2013
Some fab ice cream ideas, when I fancy ice cream, but can't be bothered with the faff of making a custard base, there are lots of wonderful recipes in here, still reading through it, have been really impressed.

219 Cooking Tips & Techniques you might find useful!
219 Cooking Tips & Techniques you might find useful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas, 30 Jan. 2013
Some truly wonderful ideas here, some I already knew, some new to me.
A bargain. Get it at this bargain price.