Profile for T-Barr > Reviews

Seven Psychopaths [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Colin Farrell
Offered by Venture Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny as hell!, 13 Mar. 2014
Very funny, very intelligent, brilliantly acted......no where near as good as In Bruges!
Good to watch once, but not high on repeat viewing value

Mission Impossible Quadrilogy [Blu-ray] [1996] [Region Free]
Mission Impossible Quadrilogy [Blu-ray] [1996] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Box Set / Great Price, 13 Mar. 2014
Watching them back to back (well, one per night anyway) really makes you appreciate how good parts 3 & 4 are.
Superb films!

....except for number 2!
That film is so bad I can barely stand to look at the screen for longer than 3 minutes!

The rest of them....AWESOME!

ORB USB to Micro USB Charge Cable, 3 Metre (PS4)
ORB USB to Micro USB Charge Cable, 3 Metre (PS4)
Offered by GamePlace.co

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 13 Mar. 2014
The PS4 controller runs out of charge pretty quickly, so you really do need one that stretches more than 10cm. Essential purchase!

Filth [Blu-ray + UV copy] [2013]
Filth [Blu-ray + UV copy] [2013]
Dvd ~ James McAvoy
Offered by A2Z Entertains

3.0 out of 5 stars Liked it.....didn't love it, 13 Mar. 2014
The cast is universally superb and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
I don't feel the need to re-watch it though, which is why I only gave it 3 stars

Samsung UE46F6320 46-inch WideScreen Full HD 1080p Smart 3D LED TV with Built-In Wi-Fi and Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful New TV, 13 Mar. 2014
Easy to use, super-thin, amazing picture quality.....even the sound is pretty good (I'm not considering getting a soundbar).
This is a great TV at a great price, with a showroom quality picture (as long as you are watching HD format).

I love my new TV....I love it so much!

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 22 Oct. 2013
I was one of those people who insisted that books were better and this would never replace the real thing....I could not have been more wrong!

Since buying my kindle I find myself reading more and more, and downloading lots of free classics from Amazon also.

Don't argue....just get one!

Evil Dead [Blu-ray] [2013]
Evil Dead [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jane Levy
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Great!, 6 Sept. 2013
As a huge fan of the original Rami trilogy, I was angry when I heard that the first film was getting the remake treatment.
Then the trailers hit, and I was more than a little intrigued.

After finally experiencing the film (you don't watch, you experience!), I can happily report that it is a fantastic, very gory, very well made horror film, that does not try to mimic the original film in terms of characters or "comedy".

This is a dark and often brutal film, that relies on practical special effects rather than CGI, which again, should appeal to all true horror fans out there.

If you have the stomach for it, buy it now!

Cabin in the Woods [Blu-ray]
Cabin in the Woods [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Drew Goddard

5.0 out of 5 stars A genuine classic!, 19 Nov. 2012
Any fans of horror films should already own this masterpiece.

People have compared this to Scream, but I disagree. Scream insisted on explaining the joke and the "horror film rules", which was fun at the time, but only patched over the shallow script.

Cabin in the Woods trusts you to know the "rules" of horror and takes you along for a completely original ride through horror lore. The overall experience is mind-blowing! Not at any point does this film make fun of horror....it embraces it and it is never mocking the genre (like Scream did).

This isn't a scary film really, but it's genius more than makes up for it!

If you have not seen the film already, don't read any reviews....this film is best experienced without knowing what's coming. It also rewards repeat viewings, as there is so much to notice once you have seen the film once.

Frankenstein
Frankenstein

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking!, 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Frankenstein (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book unreservedly! It started a little slow, but the structure and language used just draws you in. What surprised me was how emotional the book was, especially the section told from the point of view of the creature. The way the character describes his perception of the world and desire to be loved is utterly heartbreaking, and you often feel he is completely justified in his horrible actions.

I can't recommend this book highly enough, especially if you have a Kindle (it's free!!).

A true classic that impressed on every level. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

The Turin Shroud Secret
The Turin Shroud Secret
by Sam Christer

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been so much better...., 25 May 2012
I really wanted to love this. I enjoy "easy reading" escapism, but this felt very empty. Those comparing this to Dan Brown are deluding themselves. I enjoyed the Dan Brown books, but this is a very poor man's substitute!

I hate giving bad reviews, but my advice would be to avoid this one.

Page: 1 | 2