Profile for Mutley > Reviews

Mutley "treaclesmudge" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
The Secret Healer
The Secret Healer

1.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes great chunks are given over to dialogue, 16 April 2016
This review is from: The Secret Healer (Kindle Edition)
Interesting, but jumps a lot in the story. Sometimes great chunks are given over to dialogue, which is well written, other times the plot skips rapidly.

A bit dull if I'm completely honest, there are better written books out there.

Post-It Labeling and Cover-Up Tape 651, 1/6-inch x 700 Inches
Post-It Labeling and Cover-Up Tape 651, 1/6-inch x 700 Inches
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill!, 18 April 2015
Just perfect for covering one line of text! Sticky, but not too sticky, no nasty residue. Brill!

Bright Candle Shape Energy Saver Natural Daylight (6500K 6600K) low energy 11w = 60w Small Edison Screw SES E14 good for SAD (Seasonally Affected Disorder) Compact size for the amazing brightness
Offered by Biggest Discount Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant colour, TERRIBLE LIFE SPAN!, 11 Dec. 2014
Brilliant cool blue colour, in daylight can't tell it's on. Great for crafting under, colours crisp and clear.

BUT- the life span is terrible, all of mine went within days of each other :( all after 9 months. I had to replace one after 6 months, but I gave it the benifit of the doubt, in case it was from a faulty batch.
Considering the price PER BULB, this is an expensive way to light my home. Not happy!

If the longevity of the bulb could match the brilliance of the actual daylight colour, it would be great, but sadly I feel that is never going to happen.

TeckNet® New iPad 3 & iPad 2 Premium Folio Case / Cover and Flip Stand & Magnetic Auto-Sleep For New Apple iPad 3rd Generation & iPad 2 - Pink
Offered by Online-Ontime

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last six months :(, 22 Oct. 2013
I had high hopes for this case, as it ticked all the boxes for my new ipad purchase. Having spent a lot of money on my ipad, I wanted to protect it from bumps etc, especially on the corners.

To be fair, this case did that well and fitted snugly. The problems came later, as the case started to fall apart. The stand would not hold the ipad up - to be honest it was useless in the typing position, it always fell out. I was sent one of the "newer" types, despite ordering the old one with a better stand tab. When I queried this, I was told that the old ones were out of stock and this was the replacement. I persevered somewhat begrudgingly as I really wanted the pink cover, so I made do with a bit of Velcro tucked under the tab.

Six months down the line, my case is very shabby. It's falling apart at the tab, the inside is filthy from doubling up as a stand, the plastic is wearing away at the corners. I bought one for an ipad mini at the same time, and the front on that has snapped completely! Given that I didn't get a satisfactory response from the seller, I have not opted to replace the covers with the same type. I know that they are cheap, but I don't need the hassle of changing the cover every few months!

I have now bought a leather cover from staples which offers far more for me - a snug fit, loads of protection, even a pocket for my headphones and stylus. The magnets are far more powerful also, this case stays shut until YOU open it!

Don't bother with the TeckNet case- go straight for the Tech21 folio case from Staples or here

[...]

I don't normally write reviews or recommend other products, but I had to offer my experience here. Cheap products can often be just that, cheap...

A Cat Called Hope
A Cat Called Hope

1.0 out of 5 stars A cat called Marx, not Hope - don't bother with it!, 26 Sept. 2013
This review is from: A Cat Called Hope (Kindle Edition)
This looked to be very interesting, but was actually a huge disappointment.

Written from a cat's perspective, it tells a bewildering story of Marx the cat and the people that he lives with.

It's not very well written, leaves you very confused as to what is going on and is far too short to call a book.

It's basically a very badly written story, I'd have given it no stars at all if I could.

Go and read Deric Longdon for far better writing about cats!

13 Amp Mains Plug Fuses (Bulk Pack of 100, equivalent to £0.09 each) (Product Code: 43299 )
Offered by Multiniche Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 5 Aug. 2013
It's a funny thing to get excited about, but this little pack of fuses made my day!

Excellent fast delivery, I now have loads of spare fuses at hand as I am tired of buying the multi-packs which contain only one that I need.

Would definitely recommend!

Orange Yellow Artificial Silicone Manmade Coral Shape Fish Tank Ornament
Orange Yellow Artificial Silicone Manmade Coral Shape Fish Tank Ornament
Offered by VRealityUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 29 July 2013
This colourful little thing brightens up my fish tank, sways beautifully in the water,what more could I ask? It looks much better once submerged, and has really cheered up my little tank!

Apple BT-MD821ZM USB Cable
Apple BT-MD821ZM USB Cable
Offered by hmbeak

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little device, 11 May 2013
It connects my camera to my ipad and transfers photos; not only that but it connects my midi keyboard to my ipad so now I can play with the piano apps using the DIGIFLEX USB Midi Cable Lead Adaptor for Musical Keyboard to PC Laptop XP Vista Mac

One happy bunny!

It uploads photos really quickly and seamlessly, I've put them on my ipad within minutes of taking them, which has allowed me to email them really quickly should I want to. I know that the ipad has a camera, but sometimes I prefer the functions on my main camera and the flexibility that it offers me when shooting.

By the way, the salesman in the Apple store didn't know that this device would work for midi key boards, because apparently Apple don't make their products to connect in such a manner! I was flabbergasted that they couldn't help me, and relied on reviews here to help me. I connected it to my keyboard with the DIGIFLEX USB Midi Cable Lead Adaptor for Musical Keyboard to PC Laptop XP Vista Mac Initially this cable didn't work, but for some reason on my keyboard you have to connect the OUT socket to the IN connector and vice versa, NOT the IN to IN and OUT to OUT. Possibly because its an older keyboard?

WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THE ADAPTER!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2014 11:03 PM GMT

Bella's Lullaby
Bella's Lullaby

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Bella's lullaby!, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Bella's Lullaby (MP3 Download)
This is not "Bella's Lullaby", it is "River flows in you".

This track is also very quiet; I have to turn my music system up to hear it properly, then get deafened when it finishes.

A pretty piece, but try a louder, properly named version first.

Bella's Lullaby (Extended Mix)
Bella's Lullaby (Extended Mix)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Bella's lullaby!, 21 Feb. 2013
This is a very pretty piece of music, but not "Bella's Lullaby", it is "River flows in you".

Not like the original at all, but still a lovely piece, shame about the jumping on the bandwagon of Twilight!

Page: 1 | 2