Profile for Nixon > Reviews

Nixon

BBB Race Ribbon   - 200x3cm, White
BBB Race Ribbon - 200x3cm, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Came back for 2nd, 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: BBB Race Ribbon (Sports)
Bought a set of white before, really happy with it, bought it again.

Plenty for 42cm (end to end) anatomical drops (about 20 to 30cm left each side).

It went quite grey after 1 year of use (roughly 750miles). What shade of grey? I cannot describe.
Came back to buy another set. Same quantity of tape left, excellent.

The tape can take a bit of stretch, no rips.

Of course, the final outcome is down to skills. Look at some tips online, that's how I learnt to do mine. I have also used black electrical tape and double sided tape as well.

Really comfortable tape, soft and good grip in the hand. 1 thing to be careful is if you wear black bike gloves, the colour may go on the white tape.

LG 23EA63V 23-inch IPS LED 1920 x 1080 VGA DVI HDMI Monitor - Black
LG 23EA63V 23-inch IPS LED 1920 x 1080 VGA DVI HDMI Monitor - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing upgrade to my 10yrs old 17" flatscreen, 20 Sept. 2013
I will start talking about this monitor first before I compare this with many displays you come across these days.

First of all, the IPS screen instead of TN screen is really good, with really good viewing angle all round. Really good in landscape or portrait mode.
It also makes it really easy to share what you are doing on the screen with other people in the room, for example you can show other people cute animal videos where they can be sitting almost 90 degrees from where you are.

Everything on the screen is nice and big and crisp.

Photoshop experience is really good, good colours, having wide viewing angles means the gamma doesn't jumping around when you move your head, in which laptop TN screens are the worst offenders. Colours are pretty much accurate when I compare my photoshop files I printed in Boots with the same file on this screen. Not perfect but I am sure future photoshop work I print will be nice.

The dynamic response to things like movies and games are excellent. Some may suggest the slower response time of IPS screens (5ms+) in comparison to TN screens (2 to 5ms) may affect your gaming. I have not noticed anything different, I have tried out a few games, I still won and it was lots of fun.

Aesthetically the design look good, bit black and bland, but being minimalistic is not bad.

So as a user experience perspective, the picture quality is very good.

Things that are worth pointing out.

The screen is really bright when you use it in the dark, it is not like mobiles or laptops where you can turn down the brightness. Can't use it when the room is too dark. No problem using it day time.

The buttons are touch sensitive, no mechanical movement at all, so very sensitive.

The connections sockets are pointing straight out, it was tight with the VESA stand I used, but it was fine, quite a bend in the DVI cable for the screen to be vertical. I have not used the supplied stand, I have used an old VESA 75 stand when can rotate from portrait to landscape.

In comparison to other displays, this IPS display is really good, More pixels than my old 17" 1280x1024 screen, which is the main reason I bought this, so I can read a whole page of A4 on 1 screen, and to watch HD contents.

Having IPS panel is really good as people get used to the same IPS tech in ipads and android phones, it just gives u freedom to move around instead of stuck in the chair.

My old 17" screen (had it since 2003) was really hard to match, it still performs better than most currently available TN monitors (2013), and it out lived many of my other screens at work. This IPS screen is the same height but much wider than my 17" screen, the pixels are finer, and the colour is really good out of the box. So very happy.

I definitely recommend this at the price of about £100 to £110.

Sparrow and House Keyring Set (Pink)
Sparrow and House Keyring Set (Pink)
Offered by A-Nicetop

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 9 July 2013
Bought this as a mini birthday present for someone from Fuzzy Green for £3. Not great quality, the two part plastics that form the bird do not form a good seal, leaving quite a visible gab around the beak.

Being post in a padded envelope is not the best, part of the front corner of the roof broke off during transit, so I super-glued it back on.
I have seen better quality version of this from high street stores when I visited Hong Kong earlier this year. Sadly this is not the same.
With no guarantee on the product quality, I am glad I have only paid £3.

The house is "plasticky" as mentioned in another review, it looks more shiny than the matte look in the picture, but I quite like to paint it, white is too boring.

The plastic is good strength and I think it should last. The whistle works.