Profile for Hey9irlie > Reviews

The Original Angel Cards: Inspirational Messages and Meditations
The Original Angel Cards: Inspirational Messages and Meditations
by Kathy Taylor

1.0 out of 5 stars No cards included, 9 Dec 2011
I read the reviews that Amazon displayed from the US about this item. The reviews raved about how sweet and lovely these cards are. I had a set once upon a time which were destroyed by my toddler - I was looking to replace them.

The reviews unfortunately are for the wrong item. This is not a card set. It is just a small paperback book with no cards included whatsoever.

Although the description does not say anything about cards being included, the reviews that amazon displayed, did. It was on this basis that I ordered this 'set'. It is very disappointing and rather inconvenient.

If you already own the set you may find this useful. As I understand though there are sets now available which include several new addition's to the card set. I would opt for that option instead. Read the contents carefully before ordering.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2013 9:51 PM BST

Learning Resources Cash Register
Learning Resources Cash Register

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Oct 2011
Firtsly I love the size of this item. My kids squealed with excitement when they saw it. They played with it three times supervised. The fourth time we got it out it just came up as '0' and wouldn't do anything else.

I have to wrap it up and send it back now. I love the solar panel as I really don't like battery operated toys. I am in two minds about getting a new one as I see someone else had the same issue which means it wasn't a 'one off'.

I have to point out though that this is a calculator in the shape of a till. This does not allow you to type in the amount of cash the 'shopper' is paying. You have to add up all their shopping, write it down, clear the screen put in the amount they are paying and take the written down total away. My kids are too young for this so there is no real subliminal teaching going on.

The cheapy ones have more realistic features - but the size of this one is great and the solar panel is good. This is all providing it doesn't break of course! My confidence in Learning Resources has been dented a bit.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2012 10:52 AM GMT