Profile for Catherine N Hathorn > Reviews

Content by Catherine N Ha...

Catherine N Hathorn

George's Marvellous Medicine
George's Marvellous Medicine
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for 6 to 8 year old children by Olivia aged 8 and half, 15 Feb. 2014
We read George's Marvellous Medicine in class with our teacher and it was very funny! George made a marvellous medicine for Grandma because she was mean, unkind, nasty and because she said yucky things to George. She was very bossy with George. George put all sorts of crazy things in his medicine like animal pills, nail varnish and brown shoe polish. When George gave Grandma the medicine, all sorts of weird things started to happen! When George's father came back home he couldn't believe his eyes about what had happen to Grandma and he was shocked! I loved this story because it was exciting and it made me laugh when George's father, Mr Cranky said "shut up grandma". I'm glad I don't have a granny like George! My grannies are the best and not like George's Grandma! I would recommend this book to all children aged 6 to 8 years old because it will make them laugh!!!!! I think children would like to read other books by Roald Dahl like The Giraffe, The Pelly and Me; and the BFG because they are very silly stories!!