Profile for Paul > Reviews

Paul "paulredone"

ASICS GT-2150 Running Shoes - 8
ASICS GT-2150 Running Shoes - 8

1.0 out of 5 stars Again the Blisters. Shame, 21 Jan. 2011
I have used ASICs for a number of years, and at this moment in time I have 3 pairs of ASICs. This pair of GT-2150 has also given me blisters, as discussed by other reviewers, on the inside arch of both feet. Strange, as ASICs are usually the best. There are a few postings in other review sites where people have had the same type of blistering. Maybe this will be improved in the next upgrade to the GTs. Generally ASICs is top of the field, but this particular model seems to have an issue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2011 3:39 AM GMT

The Spanish Civil War
The Spanish Civil War
by Antony Beevor

5.0 out of 5 stars How did they get here?, 1 Feb. 2005
This review is from: The Spanish Civil War (Paperback)
I live in Madrid, and hear many a spaniard, basque, catalan, andulician, galician, etc., comment about their various regions and the politics. The eldery population talk about the past in good and bad terms. This book helped me understand the war that started, the political interest or non-political interest in Spain when the deadly Civil War took place. It has even helped me to understand some of the political reasoning in modern day Spain. I hear many a person (citizens and politicians) quoting the Civil War when they discuss politics in 2005 which is a somewhat worrying thought.
The battles are described well and the reasons behind the battles. The confusion and slaughter of a Civil War is brought out in the words. On a couple of occasions the Author quotes something that happened and states that it is only a rumour which I have never seen before.
It is an honest and clear description of what must have been a very confusing period for the soldiers and civilians of this war. I am not much for history books but I could not put this down.