Profile for GS > Reviews

Easy Virtue [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Barnes
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Easy Virtue [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant we've watched it three times already. Fun, entertaining love the period. Have bought copies for other members of our family.

Lunch In Paris: A Delicious Love Story, with Recipes
Lunch In Paris: A Delicious Love Story, with Recipes
by Elizabeth Bard

3.0 out of 5 stars Lunch in Paris, 22 Dec 2012
Some good recipes and an interesting flavour of Paris but on the whole not a book I would read again preferring more of a cookbook with a foodie investigation of the city than a personal love story

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (Wordsworth Classics)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (Wordsworth Classics)
by Anne Brontė

5.0 out of 5 stars Lesser known Bronte work, 15 Jun 2012
I really enjoyed this book as much if not more than the well known books by the Bronte sisters. It's full of morals and advice though hidden in a believable love story. Many issues which resonate today are combined with beautiful 19th century writing.

Wolf Hall
Wolf Hall
by Hilary Mantel

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: Wolf Hall (Paperback)
Recommended by my film agent nephew this is a great book for filling in detail and fleshing out characters we've heard of before from a familiar part of our history. A long but worthwhile read.

From Season to Season: A Year in Recipes
From Season to Season: A Year in Recipes
by Sophie Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 13 Nov 2011
I like Sophie's approach to food, it's always homely, fresh, interesting and delicious. I love the presentation and the concept. I enjoy reading about her life and the photos make me feel that cooking will transport and transform me into a similar place. We have baked her banana cake from the previous book many times and it's always lovely.

Dreamboats & Petticoats 2
Dreamboats & Petticoats 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro, 7 April 2011
Excellent for 40's-50's babes like myself. Heard my favourite track being played in a brilliant retro shop in Ludlow - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by the Shirelles - bringing back memories of budding adolescence oh so long ago!! Nosied around found the CD cover and had to buy it.

Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Frother
Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Frother

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Frother, 1 Dec 2010
This is the fourth frother I've bought specially for our skinny lattes! I dropped one and bent the whisk, another was dropped into the washing up bowl and two are in use. They're reasonably cheap and do the job of getting rid of the lumps!!