Profile for Georgie Casey > Reviews

Content by Georgie Casey

Georgie Casey "georgiecasey"

BenQ G2750 27 inch LCD Monitor (VGA, DVI-D, 1920 x 1080, 1200:1, 5ms, 300cd/m2) - Gloss Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor for the price, can see no catches, 20 Sep 2012
So I use a Dell 24inch 2407WFP-HC and wanted a second monitor to see what everyone was raving about. I wanted to get 27" but the prices were all a bit steep except for this BenQ. I Googled around looking for reviews but couldn't find many. I wanted to know was there a catch and how was this so cheap for 27 inches. Well I've been using it for about a month and I'm perfectly happy with it.

Maybe it's a bit brighter than my Dell but I'm not sure if that's a feature or a plus. And the stand that comes with it is a bit wobbly even when you screw it in. The monitor now leans forward very slightly but that's no problem. For UK and Irish users it doesn't comes with a 3-pin plug so I had to buy one of them. All in all, great monitor for the price.

The Queen Is Dead
The Queen Is Dead
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Pop Record, 25 Jan 2004
This review is from: The Queen Is Dead (Audio CD)
I've just downloaded this album two days ago and it's already one of my all time favourites. The NME really gets it right with their top 100 albums of all time, where they listed this number eight. You'll read in other reviews glowing appraisal for the quality of Morrisey's lyrics, which are indeed thought provoking and poetic. But I listen to music for the tune and melody, and Johnny Marr provides this is abundance. Every song is breezy, catchy, jangling pop, which I have a weak spot for. Personal highlights include 'Cemetry Gates' and 'Frankly Mr. Shankly' which my mother now hums as she passes me playing it on the PC!

Here Comes Your Man
Here Comes Your Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pop Song Ever?, 19 Dec 2003
This review is from: Here Comes Your Man (Audio CD)
Is this perhaps the most complete pop song ever written? It's my favourite song of all time, but I was very young when it was originally released. I first heard it on a music video show on TV in 2001. It's one of those songs that I could put on infinite repeat and I still wouldn't get sick of it, like Tambourine Man from Dylan. From Frank Blacks 'Hard Day's Night' intro note, to the catchiest bass line I've ever heard, to the simplest, hum-a-long-to guitar 'solo' from Joey Santioago a minute in. De-dum-dum-de-dum-dum-dum-dum De-dum-dum-de-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum. Perfect Pop.

Room On Fire
Room On Fire

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Listen to NME... But Still Great!, 12 Oct 2003
This review is from: Room On Fire (Audio CD)
NME's fascination with the Strokes is now a huge source of amusement to me and all my flatmates. The UK music weekly was tipping the new album to be confirmation of the Strokes status as rock messiahs. Unfortunately, that's not the case. The albums good, but just doesn't live up to 'Is This It'. I've been listening to it for a week now, and find myself skipping some tracks (SHOCK, HORROR!) which would have been impossible with the debut album. The track that NME kept going on about was number eight, 'Under Control', which I'm very disappointed with. It's just too slow and sappy, very non-Strokes. Apart from that, they haven't really changed the formula. A few tracks have a cool reggae twang to them, like 'Automatic Stop' and the cool 'Between Love and Hate'. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great album that I've given four stars, but it just doesn't live up to the debut. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Mobile Application Development with SMS and the SIM Toolkit: Building Smart Phone Applications (Professional Telecom)
by Scott B. Guthery

3.0 out of 5 stars The SMS Standard, 18 Oct 2002
A useful book on this scarcely written about topic, but a lot of it is filled with just reguritation of the international SMS standard, although he does explain it well.