Profile for Knut Langholm > Reviews

Knut Langholm

Twin Peaks - Complete Season 1 [DVD] [1990]
Twin Peaks - Complete Season 1 [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Kyle MacLachlan

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series, but deceptive item description, 24 Mar. 2012
The TV series itself is excellent so no complaints there. But the Amazon description says that the DVD contains a variety of subtitles ("Subtitles: English, Spanish, Italian, German, Greek, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Hungarian, Portuguese, Turkish"). BUT on the DVD itself it says 'Subtitle tracks: None' which is very disappointing. So if you want that on this collection or following Twin Peaks collections, find another version.

Greenpeace 2012 Calendar: Standing Up for the Earth (Wall Calendar)
Greenpeace 2012 Calendar: Standing Up for the Earth (Wall Calendar)
by Greenpeace
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Greenpeace Calendar 2012, 5 Mar. 2012
I am a great supporter of Greenpeace, and I will support the organization with buying the calendar. I was active in Greenpeace in my younger days, and I think they still do a great job for the environment. The pictures in the calendar are just great, and it gives information of their work - just go for it, Greenpeace.

Fringe - Season 1 [DVD] [2009]
Fringe - Season 1 [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Anna Torv
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fringe Division, 31 Jan. 2012
I really love the first season of Fringe, and I will absolutely have the rest in my collection. Very exiting plots, good actor - not very well known, but they do very good work. I remember Joshua Jackson from Dawson Creek, and now he`s been a much better actor. Anna Torv I`ve never heard about before, but she is really good. And the strange caracter og John Noble - he is just wonderful. I have loved these kind of stories since X-Files in the early 90s, and Fringe are up to all of them.

Witness [DVD]
Witness [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jan Rubes
Offered by FREETIME

4.0 out of 5 stars Just great movie, 18 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Witness [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this movie first time in the late 80s, and now I had surprisingly pleasant review. even it`s a pretty old movie with Harrison Ford, it`s still very entertaining. It`s not a movie with great explosions, roaring shootouts and spectacular car chases - the story have a pretty low pace, but it is never boring. the excitement after the brutal toilet murder, I got the culture crash and the absent of respect for each other - rednecks, tourists and tour operators, humans not showing respect for the Amish and their traditions and way of life. Much of the movie describe Ford`s strive to fit in with the Amish, his attraction to McGillis while he is hiding for the killers, and I got a fine view to their world, their solidarity and religion as the corner stone in their lives - and the opposite from our decadent world. It became a great movie experience for me, great plot and very good actors, Lukas Haas was just adoring i his debut, and the score is beautiful. top movie - I gave it 8 out of 10!

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides [DVD] (2011)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides [DVD] (2011)
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp

3.0 out of 5 stars Pirates of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, 21 Nov. 2011
I really looked forward to see this movie with new adventures of Jack Sparrow and his pirates, I was unsure of director Rob Marshall, just know him from the musical Chicago, but he did a good product with this. But just to say it, I could take the right feelings - oh yes, much for the money, I don`t regret for buying the DVD, here is much fun the first part, but out on the sea with wind in the sails, it all slow down. On shore it`s very lively, the plot is okay, the visually pictures is marvelous, special effects very good, og all is going round with breaknecking stunts. But I thought Johnny Depp looked a bit tired, I really liked Ian McShane as Blackbeard, he mede the nerve and the exitement and evil into the story. A tear from a mermaid, and they seems to be vampires from the deep. Effective entertainment, great adventure - but there is a but... I will give the movie 7 out out 10, no more...

The Walking Dead - Season 1 [DVD]
The Walking Dead - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrew Lincoln
Offered by Assai-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Zombiemania, 26 Sept. 2011
I am a big fan of horror movies, and now I`ve seen the first season of the TV-serie "The walking dead" - it was just horrible marvelous to watch. I didn`t care if it well known actors i the shows or not, all of the involved did it all great. I reckonized faces like Jeffrey DeMunn and Michael Rooker and Noah Emmerich, but all the others did a magnificent job. Great shows, and I will still watch it in the future.

Agatha Christie's Poirot - Collection 2 [DVD]
Agatha Christie's Poirot - Collection 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Poirot

4.0 out of 5 stars Digging for the truth, 25 Aug. 2011
I have for a long, long time been a fan of Agatha Christie and her peculiar master detective Hercule Poirot, in books, movies and here from TV. And I think David Suchet is the perfect actor for the role - I`ve seen Albert Finney in the movie Murder on the Orient Express, and Peter Ustinov in two others, but no-one does it like Suchet, he is exellent! On norwegian TV they began to send the series from the beginning in early 90s, and I had to see every single episode - and now in my old days, I`ve start to collect them. there are other caracters which also is enjoyable to watch - inspector James Japp, a bright policeman, but almost always need the help of Poirot. And Poirot`s friend and assistent, not so bright but he has his moments. And there is the faithful Miss Felicity Lemon, his scretary who always gives a helping hand. I love this series!

PAPILLON - PAPILLON [DVD] [1974]
PAPILLON - PAPILLON [DVD] [1974]
Offered by RAPIDisc

4.0 out of 5 stars Papillon, 20 Nov. 2010
I read the book in the late 70s, and I learn it was a movie based on the book. I saw it on video, and I found very compelling. Great actors in Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman, and a very exiting setting in the steaming jungle, and on the Devil Island. I think this one of the best movies of the 70s in this genre - it`s dramatic, exiting and sometimes overwelming in it`s environment and cruelty. A very good movie, almost better than the original book.

The Woodsman [DVD] [2004]
The Woodsman [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Kevin Bacon
Offered by wantitcheaper

4.0 out of 5 stars The Woodsman, 22 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Woodsman [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I have always know the Kevin Bacon is a good actor, and in this movie shows it to everybody. He is compelling, he is full of sadness, and he plays on all his strings for his difficult, but marvelous performance. He is or was an abuser, but he also had to fight the abuse of him self by the authorities i the picture of detective Lucas, and from his co-workers. Kevin Bacon do this caracter in stunning and bravely way, and I thought Bacon should have an Oscar or Golden Globe for this movie - so should director Nicole Kassel. And it`s just fun with Bacon and his wife Kyra in the samme story. Great and very interesting movie!