Profile for R_English > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
PestBye Battery Operated Cat Repeller - Ultrasonic Cat Scarer
PestBye Battery Operated Cat Repeller - Ultrasonic Cat Scarer

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat poo on my lawn no more!, 16 April 2015
I've waited a few weeks before posting this review as the instructions say that it could take 2 weeks to see results. I have to say that since it's been in my garden (touch wood) I've had no cats using my lawn as a litter tray, and the grass is at prime litter tray length at the moment! The effects for me were immediate.

When I'm pottering in the garden I just turn the sensitivity off and it helps keep me sane and stops the beeping.

I wish I got this sooner!

Monument Valley
Monument Valley

3.0 out of 5 stars Completed in 1 day, 3 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
I loved this game, the graphics are beautiful and the puzzles really hold your concentration. The huge downside for me was that I completed it in 1 day- way too short for the cost!

Absolute Beginners 5-string Banjo Book/Cd
Absolute Beginners 5-string Banjo Book/Cd
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic starting point for absolute beginners, 22 Sept. 2014
On a whim I decided to learn to play the banjo having never played an instrument in my life apart from the recorder when I was in primary school many years ago.

As an absolute beginner I have to say that this book is brilliant in teaching the basics in a clear and concise manner. The CD helps a lot so you can link up the correct tempo with the tablature, without it I'd be unsure if I was playing at the correct speed.

I would imagine if you can play the guitar then you'd probably get through this book very quickly and I'd recommend a more substantial book in that case. But for me, who is struggling with basic chord changes as it feels so alien to my fingers, it's great to practice with and it will probably be a long while before I've fully mastered all the techniques in this book.

I'd highly recommend for people who have never played a stringed instrument before.

Rheme One Easytouch In Car Holder for Apple Iphone 6 / 5 / 4 / 4s / 3G / 3 and Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Blackberry, Nexus
Offered by Best Digital Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 23 Jun. 2014
It's worth paying a bit more for a quality product like this. Fixes to the windscreen really well and there's no worry that it will wobble or fall off. Very easy to mount phone and because it's adjustable it fits any iphone-type sized phone- would highly recommend.

Veetop® 4.4A/22W (2.4A + 2.0A) Dual USB High Speed Car Charger UPGRADE version - Smart IC for Detecting the Charging Device - Charge 2 Devices Simultaneously at Random Port - iPhones/iPads/iPod, Android Tablets /Smartphones (Samsung & others), Garmin Sat Nav, TomTom GPS, MP3/4,Digital Camera, Bluetooth Speaker and more (Black/Grey)
Offered by Veetop

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant charger, 23 Jun. 2014
Really pleased with this product, it has 2 usb ports which means I can charge my phone while my daughter can charge her ipod or ipad. Quality and sturdy product. Small, compact and charges really quickly- would recommend to anybody!

BabyMad Digital Basal Body Temperature Ovulation Test Thermometer + BBT Chart
BabyMad Digital Basal Body Temperature Ovulation Test Thermometer + BBT Chart
Offered by BabyMad Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 22 July 2013
The first time I used this product I thought it was going to prove a waste of money. It took ages to finally get a reading and beep and after reading reviews that said the same I was disappointed. Anyway, I tried again and have discovered the knack- you have to keep absolutely still while it takes your temp. If I move even slightly, or even move my teeth or jaw in the slightest then it seems to start again and take forever.

The only thing that is missing with this product is a backlight but for £4.99 I can't really complain.

Garlic: The Mighty Bulb: Cooking, Growing and Healing with Garlic. Foreword by Clarissa Dickson Wright
by Natasha Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 17 Jun. 2013
I stumbled upon this book in The Works (bookshop) at the weekend and being a massive garlic lover and cookbook fan I decided to get it.
I'm so glad I did; it's a lovely book with delicious recipes and some really interesting information on garlic and how it can be used for healing and medicinal purposes and how it has been used historically. I'm hoping to start growing my own soon so the information on how to do this and the different varieties is excellent. I also can't WAIT to follow the instructions to make my own plaits for my kitchen!

Only fellow garlic lovers will ever understand my love of garlic; if you know any garlic lovers I guarantee they will love this book!

Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD]
Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant workout from Jillian, 17 Jun. 2013
After completing the 30 Day Shred I decided I wanted to go on to another Jillian Michaels DVD to keep up my exercise regime. I toyed with the idea of doing Ripped in 30 but since my posture isn't great and the area that I'd like to change the most is my stomach I decided to go for 6 Week Six-Pack.

The first time I did level 1 I have to admit I didn't really like it. It's very fast and difficult to keep up with but on the 2nd and 3rd go when I'd got used to the exercises I found it much better. Saying that though, it's a VERY tough workout and there's less rest time than 30DS. Because the exercises are so quick it gets your heart-rate going as it is but Jillian also includes cardio intervals to increase it even more and get the fat burning.

I find Jillian to be super motivational on this DVD and absolutely hysterical. She pushes you hard and keeps you going but also doesn't take herself too seriously and she jokes around with the 2 girls she has exercising with her.

Because the changes between exercises are so quick I'd say that people who haven't done much abs work before may benefit from doing some quick online research on correct form etc so they know that they are doing it correctly. Jillian does mention form in some exercises but some like the double leg stretch (pilates move) isn't really explained at all.

Overall I absolutely love this DVD and although I've only been doing it for 1 week I have already improved in many of the exercises. Once I have finished the 6 weeks I will update with my progress.

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book from Hugh- highly recommended, 4 Jun. 2013
After enjoying the Channel 4 series and having great success with River Cottage Everyday I decided to go ahead and purchase Hugh's veggie installment. I am so glad I did!

This (with River Cottage Everyday coming a close 2nd) is my most used recipe book without a doubt. Everything I have made from this book turned out perfectly and Hugh has a fantastic ability to put flavours together in an interesting and sometimes unusual way with great results. I find his recipes are great for impressing guests with- the celeriac and potato dauphinoise for example is so simple and delicious but you're more than likely going to be serving something that your guest has never tried before. It's also great just for everyday cooking for the family and for providing a fresh twist on classic veg dishes. I love veg but often get bored of my go-to repertoire of side dishes and this book has a whole section dedicated to delicious and interesting sides which you can obviously serve with whatever main you like (be it meat or veggie). The recipes are simple to follow and generally use basic ingredients which means you won't be trawling the supermarkets to find some obscure element to the recipe.

The book is visually really lovely; lots of fantastic food photography and accessible layouts and text which makes it all the more appealing.

An absolutely fantastic recipe book- seriously just buy it!

Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home
Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home
by Nigella Lawson

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recommend to avid cooks, 3 Jun. 2013
Firstly; let me get one thing straight. I love Nigella. I adore the way she writes about food and have always had great success with her recipes which are always easy to follow and provide brilliant results. I don't however love this book.

It's not all bad- plus points to this book are easy to follow and uncomplicated recipes, her wonderful descriptive prose, handy suggestions for 'leftovers meals' to use up leftover meat and nice layout and pictures.

Overall however I feel that Nigella has become lazy with this book. Upon arrival I went through and stuck post-its on the recipes that I immediately wanted to try. This book (and it's the biggest recipe book I own) had just 3 results. The recipes generally are just a bit......uninspiring and it think it's partly to do with the fact that it's focused on 'family' meals. Generally I don't feel the need to follow a recipe for 'family' or informal meals such as meatballs or chilli con carne yet this book provides them. When I buy a cookbook it's because I want to learn how to put together flavours that I wouldn't have thought of and create something really different. The dessert recipes are very similar to those from her brilliant 'How To Be A Domestic Goddess' and Kitchen doesn't really provide any originality whatsoever.

Disappointing as it's put me off buying other Nigella books in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3