Profile for DarkSol > Reviews

Syberia 1 & 2 Collector's Edition
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars Syberia 1 & 2 Collector's Edition - Contents, 19 Oct. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
There already are enough reviews about these games so it should be clear that the games by themselves are simply beautiful. What I would like to add though, and I can't believe neither Amazon nor any of my fellow reviewers cared to mention this, are the contents of this edition and why this is called a "collector's edition" to begin with.

So to make it simple, these are the contents:

- Syberia (full game)
- Syberia 2 (full game)
- Making Of Syberia

And that's it... aside from the fact that you get two games for one price, the making of is really the only "special" thing about this edition. Even the packaging is extremely simple, small, thin and not exactly what you would usually expect from a "collectors" edition.
I should also note though that the making of was extremely interesting and as far as I know, this is the only edition to contain this video.

So, all in all I can still recommend this one. These games are, after all, some of the greatest point-and-click adventure classics.

SEGA Mega Drive: Ultimate Collection (PS3)
SEGA Mega Drive: Ultimate Collection (PS3)
Offered by 101Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice nostalgic collection of Sega games!, 26 Mar. 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Personally, I can really recommend this collection for old Sega fans like myself, especially if you are into PS3 trophies!
The trophies which you can earn for this collection where the one thing that lured me into buying this game in the first place. I liked how the game, if you are into trophies at all, will urge you to actually play all of the titles on this collection and will let you do some fun things with high nostalgia value such as collecting 100 Rings in Sonic 3 or unlocking Roo in Streets of Rage 3. Also, I would like to add that it was quite easy to earn the platinum trophy for this game, especially compared to other PS3 games.

The collection itself will also let you unlock several arcade and Master System titles and offers some very nice background info in the "museum" section of the collection.

Its true that, in theory, technically they could have added every Sega Genesis game ever made in this collection and also I found a few titles missing that I personally would've liked to see on the list. However, I could imagine that there would've been a big problem regarding acquiring the licenses for all those games. Also, they sell old Roms for each system online for around 3 pounds I believe. So considering this, for a collection with over 30 titles, this is not bad at all.

All in all, I didn't regret buying this collection in the slightest and I so I can recommend this to any old Sega Fan, trophy enthusiast or to those who never played the "original" games of great series like Sonic and Phantasy Star which are still going on today.