Profile for Kitty 6 > Reviews

Content by Kitty 6

Kitty 6

The Woodcutter
The Woodcutter

2.0 out of 5 stars I liked the idea of this book and I loved the ..., 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Woodcutter (Kindle Edition)
I liked the idea of this book and I loved the main character but there where to many throw away chapters that felt like they where there just to get another fairy tail character in, but in no way added to the plot. I did finish the book only because I like to finish what I start and so I could go on to read something with substance.

Dressmaker's Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques
Dressmaker's Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques
by Lynda Maynard
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars GreAt refrance book, 31 Aug 2012
This book is a great refrance book for all sewers weather a beginner or a pro. I've been sewing for almost 40 years and have learned a lot over the years,, and I still found lots of useful techniques in this book. Tips on under pinning and use of shear fabrics was invaluable. The book is easy to read and the instructions easy to follow.

Metalwork Jewellery - 35 stunning metalwork designs for necklaces, rings, bangles, earrings and more inspired by steampunk
by Linda Peterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 29 Sep 2011
This book is a great inspiration and full of technical information. The projects are great of themselves but are all transferable and interchangable.
I don't think this book is for a beginner as some of the tools used are a bit specialist.
I've used the copper pipe and resin technique and this came out great.
I will use this book a lot for both inspiration and technical info.

Altered Curiosities: Assemblage Techniques and Projects
Altered Curiosities: Assemblage Techniques and Projects
by Jane Ann Wynn

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Book, 29 Aug 2011
Although I found this book to be great for ideas and inspiration I did find some of the project instructions to be incomplete. Also there was a lot of need for specialist equipment so not good for a beginner or a hobbyist. The most interesting project was the pin cushion on the cover and that wasn't even in the book! This book is OK just not great.

Steampunk Emporium: Creating Fantastical Jewelry, Devices and Oddments from Assorted Cogs, Gears and Curios
by Jema Hewitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book., 28 Jun 2011
Upon receiving this book I sat down and read it cover to cover. I love the characters' and story lines that go with each collection. I've never seen a project but with this detail, it makes it fun and captures the imagination. All the pages are beautifully laid out.
But what I love about this book mostly are the projects. With each project the author has shared many techniques and a full colour photo step by step guide for making each component for each piece. The techniques can be mixed and matched to develop your own fantastic ideas.
This book will defiantly be well thumbed through and dog-eared from much use as it's so full of knowledge and inspiration.