Profile for laverdabru > Reviews

Content by laverdabru

laverdabru (Midlands UK)

Motorcycle Chain Breaker and Riveter / Riveting Tool / For 420-532 chains-Complete Kit
Offered by Motorcycle Accessories UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than a 'professional' tool @ 2x the price!, 11 Aug 2014
This is the 2nd one of these I've bought. Nothing wrong with the first one, but it got lost. In between I bought a so called 'professional' item, made by a very well known firm, for nearly twice the price. This broke the first time I used it. So I was very glad to see the Motrax was still available.
Do make sure, when breaking the chain, that you grind off the heads of the rivets you are extracting - gives the tool a far easier time. I did it with an electric drill & a small grinding wheel.

ABC Products® Replacement Nikon UC-E6 / UC-E16 / UC-E17 USB Cable Cord Lead (For Image Transfer / Battery Charger - Supports Charging in Select models) for Most Coolpix Digital Camera (Models Stated Below)
Offered by abcproducts

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job., 29 Jun 2014
Mislaid my Nikon to PC lead, the spare wasn't working. Ordered this, it arrived, & worked. In fact, it's better than the original supplied, as it's longer. So I don't have to leave my camera balanced precariously on a shelf when downloading.

Above Us the Waves: The Story of Midget Submarines and Human Torpedoes (Pen & Sword Military Classics)
by C.E.T. Warren

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to see, 8 Jan 2013
I am very pleased to see this has been reissued. I used to have a p/b copy, & later a hardback one, lost somewhere in the last couple of decades.
I am the nephew of Sub Lt Bruce Edward Enzer, named for him many years after his death. The more research I do into his life, the more I am amazed at what he & his comrades in arms achieved.

Laverda Twin and Triple Repair and Tune-up Guide: The New Green Book
Laverda Twin and Triple Repair and Tune-up Guide: The New Green Book
by Tim Parker

4.0 out of 5 stars AT LONG LAST!, 7 Jan 2013
I've had a very battered & in some places unreadable Xerox of the original since I bought my Mirage back in the early '90's. Years of scouring autojumbles & shows, orders placed with second-hand book specialists, no joy. Then when reviewing the excellent Falloon book on Laverdas, Amazon gave me a heads up on The New Green Book. As others have said, it is essential if you Laverda is used, & not a 'trailer queen'.
The only very minor nit I can pick is it might have been useful to have some details of things like aftermarket ignition systems & equivalent parts where OEM items are no longer available.

Combat Wings: Battle of Britain (PC CD)
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain (PC CD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

2.0 out of 5 stars No Sturmovik, nowhere near., 26 Jan 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Probably been spoiled by Sturmovic IL 2, in it's various incarnations, but I was not impressed by this Combat Wings title or their Battles of The Red Baron. Even my 9 year old grandson finds it limited.

Weldtite Tubeless Motorcycle Tyre Puncture Repair Kit
Weldtite Tubeless Motorcycle Tyre Puncture Repair Kit
Offered by Speedstyle UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Just in case..., 26 Jan 2012
Can't review this properly, as I have not used it. Bought it because of other good reviews, it fits under the seat of my motorbike, & it might get me out of a jam next time I have a puncture in a tubeless tyre.

Laverda Twins and Triples: 1968-1986 Bible
Laverda Twins and Triples: 1968-1986 Bible
by Ian Falloon

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read on Laverdas, 13 Jan 2012
I've owned a 1200 triple for years. I didn't even know this book was around, until I was bought it for an Xmas prezzie. Very well illustrated, detailed text. Put it this way, I would have happily shelled out my own money for it!

Windows Vista® Inside Out Deluxe Edition
Windows Vista® Inside Out Deluxe Edition
by Ed Bott

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but..., 12 Mar 2010
The book is very useful for anyone using Vista. The only problem was, when my new PC arrived, it was running Windows 7. DOH!