Profile for EnglishRose > Reviews

Lovehoney BASICS 6 Inch Suction Cup Realistic Dildo Purple
Lovehoney BASICS 6 Inch Suction Cup Realistic Dildo Purple
Offered by Lovehoney

3.0 out of 5 stars Suction is good although it is over 5, 3 July 2014
Suction is good although it is over 5.5 inches in girth and for me is way too big I don't use it because I don't want to stretch myself too much and be left with bits like a wizards sleeve. It does feel quite flexible and I'm sure if you are a bit looser down there it would probably feel really good. I like that it is quite realistic in feel and yet is purple because flesh colour ones look really weird. The suction is really strong and is a good feature.

THREE PACKS of Salcura Ltd Salcura Antiac-Acne Clear Spray 50Ml
THREE PACKS of Salcura Ltd Salcura Antiac-Acne Clear Spray 50Ml
Offered by Salcura Natural Skin Therapy

3.0 out of 5 stars Bring back old formula PLEASE!, 1 May 2014
This product is ok but the original antiac acne clearing spray was absolutely amazing. I don't understand why the formula was changed. This version has more ingredients and is slightly greasier. It doesn't work as well on spots. I'm desperate for them to bring the old one back.

The Giving Tree
The Giving Tree
by Shel Silverstein

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful. Important message for mankind., 18 April 2014
This review is from: The Giving Tree (Hardcover)
I read this story to my 4 and 7 year old. It is a wonderful way to remind ourselves and make our children think about how much we take and take from nature. I am raising my sons Vegan and so I used this to help them understand that nature is to be respected or otherwise there will be nothing left. My children liked to discuss this book with me and together we discussed how we can give back to nature, by recycling, being vegan, not dropping litter ect. we went away that day and together made a safe insect drinking station in the garden ( a bowl of beautiful marbles filled with a bit of water) to give the bees a safe place to drink and not drown.

This book has many different important messages and I highly recommend it.

The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out
The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out
by Angela Liddon

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! versatile and interesting, practical recipes and lovely pictures., 27 Mar 2014
I first got into Angela's food from her blog when I was newly vegan. It really helped me and I found that I was able to not feel deprived.in fact quite the opposite I started finding delicious new healthy foods that I never even heard of before. If it hadn't been for Angela's recipes I may have given it up a long time ago.

This book is wonderful. In most cook books I only come away with one or two recipes, sometimes none, that then become staple recipes I use again and again. In this book I have found loads that I know I will use regularly. The chia seed and berry Jam recipe is great and has the added benefit of being much healthier, nutrient and protein rich than normal jam. I have started using that jam in my sons packed lunch, happy in the knowledge that he is getting fruit, iron,omega 3, protein and fibre from his sandwich filling alone! I'm making the avocado spaghetti tonight and my mushroom loving mum will love the mushroom gravy on mashed potato. There are recipes in this book for all tastes and skill levels. The book has lovely pictures of every recipe and simple instructions. It looks modern and interesting. The only slight dissapointment was the rather boring front cover. Well worth the price!!

Forks Over Knives (DVD) (UK Release)
Forks Over Knives (DVD) (UK Release)
Dvd ~ Joey Aucoin

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good and interesting, 16 Mar 2014
As a Vegan I was interested to know more about the health side of a vegan diet and it was very informative. The only issue that I do have is the idea that in china and East Asia they have less rates of cancer. This may be true but what I felt the documentary "glossed over" was the incredibly high levels of liver cancer even in children in these countries due to the mould Aflatoxin which has been proven to be a known carcinogen worse than DDT. This mould grows in almost all nuts and some other plant based food etc and is not seen with the naked eye. The documentary very briefly mentioned this but really didn't go into detail and I felt that that was hidden. I would have liked this to be better explained and for the claim that cancer is so much lower in these countries be balanced by this specific issue and how we avoid Aflatoxin. But this was the only issue that I had otherwise I found it inspiring, insightful and interesting. Definatly worth a watch!

Quality Brass Engraved 25mm Disc Identity Tag When Checking Out Please Tick The Gift Message Box To Send Us The Engraving Details
Offered by Spoilt Rotten Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 29 Jan 2014
Lovely, I thought it hadn't arrived so was in talks with the seller, fortunately it had arrived , but my husband had left it somewhere silly and I didn't see it. The company were very nice though. It looks smashing, super shiny and a good size. Writing is nice and clear. Very happy with it.

Salcura Omega Rich Face Hydrator 75ml
Salcura Omega Rich Face Hydrator 75ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 21 Dec 2013
After using antiac to clear some of the stubborn hormonal spots I often get, which worked a treat, I decided to try some more of the range. My skin is actually combination dry/greasy so I never used to use moisturiser, however I wanted to try one that would soften my skin and was gentle. I tried loads of different ones before including top end brands but this one melts beautifully into my skin, literally like silk, it feels so luxurious, it hasn't clogged up my greasy areas, and my skin is left so silky for the whole day. I absolutely love it. I am so impressed with salcuras products so far! Good value for money too.

The Soul Bird
The Soul Bird
by Michal Snunit

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 3 year old and 6 year old both love it, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Soul Bird (Hardcover)
I was introduced to this at a work training day ( I work in a school) and was really moved by it. I tend to be a "bottler" of my feelings until it all comes pouring out like a burst pipe. Therefore I thought it would be good if my sons could identify and express their feelings before they build up. I bought this and was amazed at the beautiful thoughts and explanations my boys came out with. Both of them loved the book and really did listen to it. Afterwards we had a lovely long cuddle and discussion about how we feel, what we can do if we feel something we don't want to, and they even told me what their individual soul bird looks like which was really interesting and an insight into how they see themselves. They really seemed to like the bird, and it opened up such a lot of other questions such as "does our dog have a soul bird?" Do all living things? Ect they also opened up about what makes them feel sad, happy ect and they even opened up about bad thoughts because the soul bird allowed them to distance themselves from blame ie it wasn't me it was the soul bird ect, allowing me to really understand them.

Fantastic book we all loved it and the peace it creates at bedtime.im going to buy two more copies to allow them to colour the pictures in to look like their own soul birds as they imagine them! X

Mahalo Soprano Ukulele with Bag - Purple
Mahalo Soprano Ukulele with Bag - Purple
Offered by Normans Musical Instruments

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value! Great ukulele, 24 Aug 2013
This is a great ukulele, sounds good, looks good, and light enough and right size even for kids. I bought Aquila strings thinking that the strings would be bad but haven't needed to change them as I feel it sound fine with the ones it came with. I think the purple colour is a little dark but it looks very smart nonetheless!

It's quite simple to pick up a few chords and start learning to play and is very good value for money at this price!

Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan Mousse TWIN PACK
Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan Mousse TWIN PACK
Offered by Cloud 10 Beauty

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 15 Aug 2013
I'm very pale and this gives a lovely subtle colour with no streaks. You can layer up though and 2 applications gives you a very deep colour.I love the fact that you can wash it off within1-3 hours as it saves time waiting for it to develop. I find it does dry so quickly that you have to be careful to find and correct any mistakes before it dries completely.

The can contains quite a lot, enough for quite a few applications. I much prefer this one to the coco brown day to night.

Page: 1 | 2