Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
A Reason To Kill (DI Matt Barnes Book 1)
A Reason To Kill (DI Matt Barnes Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gruesome!!, 25 Aug 2014
I don't usually read crime books but this ended up in my historical romances!! as a slight romance in the story. But the book itself went into an extreme amount of detail so much so that the bad guy; who was really bad; ended up making me feel decidedly uncomfortable to the extent that I actual skipped pages as they were pretty gruesome and were doing my head in!! I know Wimp!! So if you are into a really good detective story try this one it certainly made my blood curdle!!!!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2014 10:54 AM BST

Lynna's Rogue (Tropical Paradise Series Book One 1)
Lynna's Rogue (Tropical Paradise Series Book One 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 25 Aug 2014
Great story as previous reviewers have said. So just buy, read and enjoy!

My Lord Deceived (The Star Elite Series Book 6)
My Lord Deceived (The Star Elite Series Book 6)
Price: 0.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Great romantic, 25 Aug 2014
Enjoyed this story. Read to the end so wasn't all that bad as other reviewers say.

Lost in Temptation: A Chase Family Regency Historical Romance (Temptations Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars All right I suppose, 9 July 2014
Well the story line for me wasn't too bad. But like a few of the other reviews here I would say that they are right in the fact that the cultural mistakes were of the simplist and therefor very offputting making it seem that no research had been done at all. I also felt that the story was beefed up with non essentials making it too long.
Would I recommend the book? yes if you take into account these things and comments by other reviewers.

The Island of Two Skulls
The Island of Two Skulls
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Different !!, 30 May 2014
Well this book came up amongst my chosen subject of Hirtorical Romance! It is nothing of the sort! but in saying that it is a good book to read, more like a juniors adventure book really, with old sailing ships, bad pirates, slaves and the Carribean. You could actually call it a 'a good old ripping yarn'.
It made a novel tale to read by way of change.
I am sure if you get it you should enjoy reading it.

The Wilde Flower Saga: A Contrary Wind (Historical Adventure Series)
The Wilde Flower Saga: A Contrary Wind (Historical Adventure Series)
Price: 3.05

4.0 out of 5 stars A real Saga!!!, 13 May 2014
I usually complain because to read each saga of a book series you have to buy the books as you go along. Therefore costing more!! But this three part saga has it all in one book!
It is an interesting book to read but due to its format it seemed to me to be very long. But hang on in there and it becomes something that you really have to read to the end. The love story that runs through is quite nice as are the characters. There is an underlying second story as well which is enticing to find out the truth of it or not. The only thing I did find a little hard to come to terms with is that throughout the story ships were meeting up with other ships in the middle of oceans as if turning up at bus stops! Now maybe this was true for that time but seems a little far fetched that this could be done with a number of ships at one time with limited nautical instruments and bad weather thrown in.
But I am sure if you are able to stick with it you will find it worthwhile reading to the end. It really is the longest book I have read so far on my knidle.
Happy reading

Deadly Stillwater (McRyan Mystery Series Book 3)
Deadly Stillwater (McRyan Mystery Series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 14 April 2014
Well as there are so many reviews already there's not much more to add, apart from the fact that although the story itself was good I found it a bit long and stretched out so had some thin areas. Anyway Happy reading.

HIGHWAYMAN
HIGHWAYMAN
Price: 2.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming, 14 April 2014
This review is from: HIGHWAYMAN (Kindle Edition)
I found this book an enjoyable read. The writer seems to have her own way of setting out a story that was different and quite engaging. I will certainly look out for her books in the future. Happy reading.

The Maiden At Midnight (Midnight Masquerade Series Book 2)
The Maiden At Midnight (Midnight Masquerade Series Book 2)
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars 'A Good Read', 5 Mar 2014
I couldn't think of a title for this review!! All I can say though is that it really was a good read (apart from the mistakes in dialect) and I really enjoyed the story. So I hope that if you take the plunge you will too.
Happy reading.

A Gentleman Says "I Do" (Rogues' Dynasty)
A Gentleman Says "I Do" (Rogues' Dynasty)
Price: 3.08

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit 'run of the mill', 5 Mar 2014
Yes I say that with regards to the story but the characters were good and the situation as well. I finnished the book and thought overall it was a good read.
Happy reading.