Profile for amiedevon > Reviews

Content by amiedevon

amiedevon (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Dragon Hug A Pet Huggle Pillow 18"
Dragon Hug A Pet Huggle Pillow 18"

5.0 out of 5 stars He loved this! Great 1st birthday pressie, 23 Oct. 2014
Bought this for my Nephew as he loves Draco the Dragon - but there aren't any Draco toys. He loved this! Great 1st birthday pressie.

Modern Vampires of the City
Modern Vampires of the City
Offered by davehopetrading

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 14 April 2014
Bought this as a gift for my boyfriend 'just because' and he loves it, plays it in the car all the time. Great driving music!

West Highland White Terrier Keyring "I MAY NOT BE PERFECT BUT MY WESTIE LOVES ME"
Offered by The Barking Mad Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab fun little gift, 14 April 2014
Bought this to include in a gift box for a friend's birthday - a fun, cute little key ring for any Westie owner!

Miranda Hart's Maracattack [DVD]
Miranda Hart's Maracattack [DVD]
Dvd ~ Miranda Hart

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift for my mum, 25 Feb. 2014
She think's it's great fun, she loves Miranda and has enjoyed the work outs, laughing at them but also breaking a sweat!

St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse Medium (2 Pack) 2 X 200Ml Each
St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse Medium (2 Pack) 2 X 200Ml Each
Offered by Xtras Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fake tan!, 25 Feb. 2014
Easy to apply, hardly any streaks if applied properly, don't feel 'sticky' for too long, and I can live with smelling like biscuits. Love this fake tan and such an affordable price :)

Sexy Miss Santa Mrs Christmas Womans Xmas Fancy Dress Outfit / Costume
Sexy Miss Santa Mrs Christmas Womans Xmas Fancy Dress Outfit / Costume

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING - very short!, 26 Dec. 2012
Just a warning, this is reaaaaally short, I know it's a sexy santa costume, but it really cannot be worn outside..! Me and my friend purchased this but it really wasn't wearable, so was basically just an expensive hat because that's the only part we used. If you want it to wear inside, then fine, but wouldn't really recommend for a night out or anything... ordered it to my parents house so by the time I actually took it out of the packaging it was too late to send back! Shame :(
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2013 10:12 PM GMT

Thoughtless
Thoughtless

4.0 out of 5 stars Annoyingly couldn't put it down!, 13 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
Keira is probably one of the most annoying characters I have stumbled across for a while. She's indecisive, she hurts all the people around her, she doesn't know what she wants, or think her actions through, she cheats on her boyfriend, makes her friends lie to cover up for her, and turns it round to make herself feel the victim... HOWEVER... I couldn't put this book down!

Kellen Kyle is the typical 'bad boy', and all the girls want to be the one to change his 'bad boy ways', even though his ways are the reasons they want him so much! It would have of course been better if he had chosen to fall for a girl that wasn't his best friend's girlfriend, and even though I know it's morally wrong, and maybe I didn't like Keira all of the time, but I still couldn't help but want them to be together!

I am holding out from buying the sequel, as I feel I need a bit of a break from Keira's mind, however I am looking forward to reading more about Kellen in the near future (Kellen would be played by Ian Somerhalder in the film version of this book, well if I was the casting director anyway...), and hearing what else can happen in their romance, with so many ups and downs it should come with a warning that it could give you whiplash!!

Pushing the Limits (A Pushing the Limits Novel)
Pushing the Limits (A Pushing the Limits Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional and addictive love story -, 13 Dec. 2012
I just finished Pushing the Limits and I really didn't want it to end. The story of the two troubled teens Noah and Echo was beautiful, emotional, addictive and... hot! The slow build up of their relationship, as they were learning to trust both themselves and each other, was both a heart-warming and heart-wrenching journey and I was more than happy to go along for the ride! I felt so much for both Echo and Noah, and really wanted them to be happy. I must admit, I did cry near the end chapters, with sorrow at poor Noah's grief, and at the couple's want to find their 'normal'. Really loved the character of Mrs. Collins, and think we have all had a few Grace's in our lives.

This YA novel really didn't disappoint, however no matter how much I'd love to know more about Echo and Noah's future, I don't think we would need a sequel (but it would have been nice to witness them 'do-the-deed' after all that build up, and after hearing so much about Noah's reputation in that department..! Or was it just me?!). Loved McGarry's writing style, I really felt like I connected with the characters, and would recommend to anyone who enjoys a teen angst, easy read, with perhaps a bit more depth than some I've read in the past.

Lily: Jetset Misfit
Lily: Jetset Misfit

4.0 out of 5 stars I want Lily to be my friend!, 27 Nov. 2012
I loved Lily from word go! I was thrilled along with her when she gained the attention of womaniser and bad boy Jake, but then felt glad when she didn't succumb to his advances when she realised he was bad news... good on her! Her friendship with Ollie was well written and felt very real, and the snowy paradise setting makes me want to go skiing (something I thought I'd never say). The book was full of a great bunch of characters, some maybe with more depth than others, and I shared Lily's hatred for Bella (I think we all have come across a few Bella's in life...) and I was happy for Lily in the end... even if it did all seem a bit far-fetched. A nice, fun read, perfect for dipping in and out of whilst jumping on and off the Tube!

You Had Me At Hello
You Had Me At Hello

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant!, 25 Nov. 2012
Loved this book from the very start, would recommend to anyone! Finished it off in just over a week, was completely hooked by the 'will-they, won't-they, they-have-to!!!' feel of it. Nice, easy read with the perfect amount of twists and turns, and laugh out loud funny in parts - Rachel and Ben's 'moment' at a friend's wedding - hilarious! Definitely found myself getting some looks on the Tube...! Loved it!

Page: 1 | 2