Profile for Nefersitra > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Simple Mahjong
Simple Mahjong

5.0 out of 5 stars good game, 27 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Simple Mahjong (App)
Fun and lots of replay value

Games: Transactional Analysis, Trick-Knowledge, and the Psychology of People Running Game
by S. Quanaah

1.0 out of 5 stars READ PRODUCT DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY, 1 Nov. 2015
I bought this book looking for a list of known Games in Transactional Analysis and this book seemed to be what I was looking for. However, on reading it, I became increasingly uncomfortable as there were multiple uses of the n-word by the author to describe himself and an instance where the fact he was proud that he'd slapped the hand of an old "white lady" was used as an example of one of the Games (Space Invaders - which apparently is only played by Whites and those who believe in the "White Jesus"). It was obvious that the author is writing for/speaking to one specific group of people and I am not in it.
I was not aware when I bought this that Five Percenters were black supremacists. Had I known, I would not have paid for this any more than I would buy a book espousing white supremacist beliefs.

My Billionaire Triceratops Craves Gay Ass
My Billionaire Triceratops Craves Gay Ass

5.0 out of 5 stars What have I just read?, 4 Feb. 2015
I have no idea if this is supposed to be sexy or funny but it is definitely the latter.

Everyone should read a book that uses the word reiteration.

Relax Melodies: A white noise ambience for sleep, meditation & yoga
Relax Melodies: A white noise ambience for sleep, meditation & yoga

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing, 16 Dec. 2014
Easy to use with a good range of sounds. You can alter the relative volume of each one, mixing up to ten for the ideal mix for you.

The Simpsons: Tapped Out
The Simpsons: Tapped Out

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Game but see if you can get the App elsewhere., 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (App)
First of all I LOVE this game. It's fun and addictive. But there is no way I can give it 5 stars or one reason.

APP STORE UPDATES ARE ALWAYS LATE FOR KINDLE - an update hit on other platforms over 24 hours ago and looking at fansites this one is time sensitive - so not only can't I take part in the social aspect of the game, I'm either going to miss out on limited time offers or going to have to buy the in-game currency with real money to catch up.

101-in-1 Games Anthology
101-in-1 Games Anthology

2.0 out of 5 stars A Mixed Bag, 13 July 2014
This review is from: 101-in-1 Games Anthology (App)
There's a good range of games in this app so the chances are there will be something you like.

However, you do HAVE to buy most of the games with the points/coins, there are no instructions so you have to figure each game out as you go and every game requires you to score 4000 points before it`'ll say you completed the game. Some of the games, for example the squirrel one, are ridiculously difficult to score 1000 points on (who thought unavoidable and/or unseen until you hit them enemies was a good idea?)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars The Builders complainned., 19 Jun. 2014
Bought this last year with an inflatable pool; at the time it worked, inflated the pool and deflated at the end of the summer. Then it was packed carefully away.

I've just tried to put the pool back up so the THIRD time I've used the pump. The people across the road are having building work done. The Builders have just been to complain about the noise from the pump - on it's THIRD use all it produces is noise and when I turned it off it was very hot.

Doll Bones
Doll Bones

5.0 out of 5 stars Dem bones, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Doll Bones (Kindle Edition)
I bought this because it was on sale but once I started reading, I couldn't stop. Creepy without being overly scary, this is definitely one I'll be reading again.

Styxx (Dark-Hunter World Book 24)
Styxx (Dark-Hunter World Book 24)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the read., 11 Sept. 2013
I love the DarkHunter series but I found the start of this rather hard going. Ash had a horrible childhood but here we see Styxx had it just as bad.
You have to read Acheron before reading this to get the full story about Atlantis and Didymos but it was nice to see Apollo get his comeuppance. Styxx sets up the next chapter for Sherri's world nicely

Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter 21)
Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter 21)
by Laurell K. Hamilton

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the worst but not the best, 11 Jun. 2012
I loved the first few Anita Blake books. They were funny, different and the mysteries were interesting. I read and re-read every page.

When Anita discovered polyamoury and suddenly became undeniabley attractive to all thinks fanged and furry things went bad. LKH has a tendancy to write rather identi-kit sex scenes - you've read one, you read'em all - and I started to find whole chapters skippable.

The last 3 books, while no where near as good as the best, restored my faith that Anita could still be a fab read. This starts out strongly with what seems like a really interesting crime story but it soon switches to the latest hoo-haa in Anita's love life.

Unlike some of the other reviewers though, I'd argue that this is necessary. LKH seems to be setting up the next chapter of Anita's life now she's in control of the ardeur and the Mother of Darkness is gone. We check in with most of the main characters and the new status quo is estabilished

This is still a huge improvement over some of the books and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Page: 1 | 2