Profile for Michael Graham > Reviews

Content by Michael Graham

Michael Graham (Norfolk, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Doodle Kingdom
Doodle Kingdom

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, 16 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Doodle Kingdom (App)
This had me going for a while. Good game that passes the time. Only problem I did have with it is that it deleted my hero when I got to level 11, which was a bit annoying

Daniel Craig Mask
Daniel Craig Mask
Offered by Online Gallery

4.0 out of 5 stars Good nostalgic mask., 24 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Daniel Craig Mask (Toy)
I bought this for my James Bond themed Prom that is coming up and must say that I'm pretty impressed. The mask is of high quality and looks fairly realistic from a distance and has caused a few laughs and jokes. The only main problem is that it is slightly too big. I mean, you need a very large head for this to fit to your body's proportions. This is just a little quibble though and love the product.

Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course
Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course
by Gordon Ramsay

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow., 24 Jun. 2013
Now, you can probably tell from some of my other reviews that I'm a Gordon Ramsay fan, so it was no surprise that I bought this after watching the series.
I have followed a couple of recipes and have changed them to my tastes (for example, changing the Chicken Stir Fry noodles to include rice rather than noodles) to satisfy people's needs and the recipes in this book allow you to do exactly that. It is simple to follow, albeit with less images than expected, but that doesn't matter. It is explained so even my 7 year old brother could do it (minus the sharp knives of course).
His tips and helpful information section is a life saver. It showed me better techniques and taught me never to buy an item because it's cheap, but rather because of its quality. I've managed to wow guests with some recipes and everyone is impressed by them.
All I would change is that there should really be more images. Some recipes don't have images of the finished product, so you can't really see how it is supposed to look (although it never turns out to look that way anyway). This would give the reader more inspiration to go ahead and cook the product (as I have tended to skip the recipes with no images)

Self-Stirring Mug
Self-Stirring Mug
Offered by Savepound

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Father's Day present, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Self-Stirring Mug (Toy)
My dad LOVES his coffee, and quite frankly, I couldn't find anything for Father's Day. My friend had a Self Stirring Mug and it did attract quite the attention so I thought that my dad would take interest in it.
I did look at some of the reviews and was skeptical about buying it, but I bought it anyway hoping that it wouldn't stop working after two uses. Best decision I made.
My dad opened it early (the Wednesday before Father's Day) and it still works today, perfectly, without any build up. It stirs pretty well considering the volume of liquid and a couple of batteries. It keeps the drink warm and works as a great novelty gift.
There are a couple of nags that I do have with the product though as not everything is perfect.
Firstly, after a few uses, the motor has become relatively "whistley" when stirring but I can put that down to too much usage (he has a coffee roughly every 45 mins to an hour and a half)
Secondly, the picture shows that the mug says "Self Stirring Mug." I received a mug that simply states "Lazy Mug." I would have liked the mug that said "Self Stirring Mug" as it is shown in the image and reads much better than the latter expression.
Finally, the lid which you can drink from leaks when pouring it, so you can imagine dad's surprise when he tried using the supplied lid - hot coffee down his shirt.
Apart from that, it is a pretty neat mug and everybody loves it. I guess I'll be buying more in the future and all in all, a great purchase.

Gordon Ramsay's Playing with Fire
Gordon Ramsay's Playing with Fire
by Gordon Ramsay

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a story of the success of his restaurants, 17 Jun. 2013
I admit it, I'm a HUGE Gordon Ramsay fan. I've watched a lot of his Channel 4 series and am a fan of Masterchef, Hell's Kitchen etc. I had to get this book as I had bought (and loved) his first book.
Overall, I did really enjoy the book, it gave me a good idea as to how his restaurants and company is run, but that was about it. There wasn't much of a personal story, but rather the successes (and sometimes, demise) of his many restaurants and staff members.
That doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it, I did. It was nicely laid out into chapters, usually reflecting a story of a new restaurant/business venture and, as an aspiring restaurateur, I need to learn a few tips. From telling us about GRH's offices to how Chris (which I now believe is no longer the CEO) helped Gordon throughout his career, many of the tips were pretty useful, without divulging too much information.
I was expecting a little more of a story though just like Humble Pie, after all, it is an autobiography. We got a feel of his story in Humble Pie but I felt that it was slightly vague.
Overall, Playing with Fire is an excellent book and is laid out nicely, I just wanted a little more storyline/history.

Peers Hardy Coin Jar Uk Version
Peers Hardy Coin Jar Uk Version
Offered by san direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 23 May 2013
Product works perfectly and is easy to set up. The coins go in easily so I don't know what those bad reviews are about :)

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler
Offered by gifts direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, little awkward, 22 May 2013
Great cooler, keeps my CPU 2C cooler on idle and significantly lower under load. On the large side (check your RAM height) and pretty quiet. Love the fact that you can have 2 fans.
A little awkward to set up but on the whole pretty good :)

Edimax EW-7811Un N150 Wireless USB Adapter Nano
Edimax EW-7811Un N150 Wireless USB Adapter Nano

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, not much speed difference, 13 May 2013
I bought this for the size really. The product works great. I haven't really noticed any considerable speed difference though which is a shame. I may upgrade to a PCI Wireless card.

Sharkoon T9 Value ATX Case for CPU - Blue
Sharkoon T9 Value ATX Case for CPU - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVELOVELOVELOVE, 13 May 2013
I LOVE this tower!!!! It looks great and the fans are (virtually) silent. The fans aren't as bright as expected but I didn't care, my new build computer was finally complete with this awesome tower. Thank god that the USB 3.0 ports have a USB 2.0 backwards compatible internal cable as unfortunately my motherboard doesn't have any internal USB 3.0 slots. :D

Corsair CP-9020048-UK Builder Series CX600 ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit, 600 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, works great., 13 May 2013
I decided to for Corsair as my friend told me to for a "trusted" brand. What a brilliant choice. Brilliant colour choice and plenty of cable choice. Looks awesome in my new build :D

Page: 1 | 2