Profile for tia > Reviews

Content by tia

tia

50 Litre Plastic Plant Pot (Heavy Duty with handles) (a975)
50 Litre Plastic Plant Pot (Heavy Duty with handles) (a975)
Offered by Scot Plants Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Oct 2014
well made and fit for purpose.

All the First Minister's Men
All the First Minister's Men
by David Black

5.0 out of 5 stars erudite, 27 Jan 2014
I am not a Scot but have read of the misadventures of the Scottish Parliament over the years, mainly thanks to Private Eye.
This book is interesting, full of insights into depressing political machinations and broken promises. It's good. Read it

Slow to Fade
Slow to Fade

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Slow to Fade (Audio CD)
I wish I had been able to see this band. I first heard 'Good Technology' and 'Marimba Jive' played on the John Peel show a lifetime ago. I had the album on cassette and cherished it and was so upset when I lost it.
Getting the CD last year made my day and the songs were as good as I had remembered them to be;the lyrics are compelling and clever and the music is great.
I had forgotten completely about 'Fact' as I don't think it was on the original album and I had a very faint memory of having heard it before (again, thanks to John Peel) , so hearing it again gave me an odd frisson of deja-vu. In short, an exceptional album by a talented band who did not receive the recognition they deserved.

Hypnia 10 inch Memory Foam Mattress, Double Size
Hypnia 10 inch Memory Foam Mattress, Double Size

5.0 out of 5 stars good price, great product, 7 Jan 2013
Delivery was prompt and the mattress is not heavy so easy to get up the stairs. I did not notice any odd smell from the mattress (as others have stated) and it is comfortable. Very happy with my purchase!

MOSQUITO REPELLENT WRISTBANDS
MOSQUITO REPELLENT WRISTBANDS
Offered by TechnoTec

3.0 out of 5 stars not great, 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: MOSQUITO REPELLENT WRISTBANDS
v flimsy, these last a day at best
i wouldn't recommend this product, DEET sprays etc are better and more cost effective

The Wrong People
The Wrong People

5.0 out of 5 stars she gets out the scrapbook, 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Wrong People (Audio CD)
..haunting and utterly beautiful

'did we really live like this?
did we really live like this?'

I love this music and I wish they had been more fortunate, but what a legacy of perfect music.

An album to cherish.

Homescapes - White Duck FEATHER Pillow PAIR - Department Store Quality - Anti Dust Mite - Wash at Home Range - Medium / Soft Firmness - 100% Cotton Downproof Cover
Offered by HOMESCAPES

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 20 Dec 2010
fantastically comfy pillows

I can't believe I thought there was no point in getting nice pillows and have always bought the cheapest. Never again, these are amazing!