Profile for Mac > Reviews

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective/Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Jim Carrey
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Line. EVER!, 13 May 2014
I have only one thing to say.
Fee, fie, fo, fum! I smell...THE FINGERPRINTS OF SCUM!!!!!
Big, dumb and hilarious! Worth every penny!

Child's Play [DVD] [1972] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Child's Play [DVD] [1972] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ James Mason
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars GET THIS OUT ON REGION 2!, 7 April 2014
This film is one that has stayed with me FOREVER! I am a teacher now, and I often think of it in dark moments! Don't think about it. Buy it. You will not be disappointed.....

The Conspiracy [DVD]
The Conspiracy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Aaron Poole
Price: 10.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahh! A conspiracy!, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Conspiracy [DVD] (DVD)
This film needs people to just run with it. Soundtrack is creepy and not unlike early Philip Glass; the story itself works because you KNOW how it will end before it gets there! ("The pattern emerges. You can see where it's leading," says one main character. ) As for the ending ("it doesn't even tell you what happens at the end" quoth one reviewer...) Dearie me. Really? You don't get it? Just watch it! Then buy the soundtrack and listen to it in the dark!

A Field In England [DVD]
A Field In England [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julian Barratt
Price: 8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Elemental, my dear Wheatley..., 13 July 2013
This review is from: A Field In England [DVD] (DVD)
Unlike some of the other reviews, I am going to make this brief. It has been a LONG time since I have found myself so obsessed with a film. Like an art Aktion, it stares right into your soul and demands a response. I feel sorry for people who don't feel its power, for you are missing out on an elemental experience! One final thought. Whitehead. A tent. A rope. A facial expression. Slow motion shot. Burned into my retina and brain. Reece Shearsmith? Immense! Thank you, Ben Wheatley.

Vicious - Series 1 [DVD]
Vicious - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ian McKellen
Price: 8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a life!, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Vicious - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Two words-comic timing. The three leads are priceless-I understand all 3 could read the phone book well, but it is so rare that I laugh out loud at any sitcom these days. View it with an open mind and stop being so judgemental!

Dark Shadows [DVD + UV Copy] [2012]
Dark Shadows [DVD + UV Copy] [2012]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by Venture Online
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Do your homework..., 19 May 2012
I will make this short and sweet. If you wandered into Dark Shadows without being familiar with either the original show or the revival from 1991, then I am unsurprised that you were confused/annoyed...whatever. If you wandered into Dark Shadows with your young children unaware of the fact that this is Tim Burton's baby, then hell mend you. People, do your homework!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2012 2:18 PM BST

The Long Walk
The Long Walk
by Stephen King
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to the real world..., 6 Jun 2006
I, like many of the reviewers on site, love this tale. Horrifying and heartbreaking in equal measure, it allows us an insight into a world where "Big Brother" and other reality television shows have merely been precursors to the main event:live coverage of organised snuff. However, I find it strange that the ending has caused so much annoyance. After all he has been through, is it not fully feasible that the winner of the Long Walk loses his mind ? What does the winner get as their prize ? Nothing. That's life. They have been part of a spectacle for the enjoyment of others. End of story. There isn't any more. Welcome to the real world...