Profile for Nick Henley > Reviews

Moan
Moan
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Raw energy from the Keys, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Moan (Audio CD)
Great little EP containing very raw and almost basic versions of four tracks, but creating that incredible soulful feeling that only the Keys can. Put this in the car stereo and drive off fast. It will put a big smile on your face. My favourite tracks are Heavy Soul and Everywhere I go, but really I listen to it as an EP, all four tracks as a single exquisite experience. Why 4/5? Because its only 4 tracks and you want more. But the best £4.00 you'll spend. Closest to their LP Rubber Factory in style because of course that is why one or two tracks originate from, but that is no bad thing.

The Examined Life: How We Lose and Find Ourselves
The Examined Life: How We Lose and Find Ourselves
by Stephen Grosz

5.0 out of 5 stars Shows the importance of counselling in a very readable format. Grosz is clearly has great skill, compassion and humanity., 8 Feb. 2013
Having heard Stephen on Radio 4 one Saturday morning and hearing him speak so eloquently about families and secrets, I wanted to read his book. I wasn't disappointed. This is a very good read, both as a set of stories which touch your heart at the desperation, anguish and anger that some people suffer, but also as a reader in the art and science of psychotherapy. I am not a practitioner myself but have an interest in psychology and am married to one and I found the book fascinating, compelling and very thought provoking.