Profile for Mr H. > Reviews

Sings America
Sings America
Offered by Amazin Deals *****
Price: 0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars And here's me thinking that I had to own Lederhosen..., 8 Dec 2004
This review is from: Sings America (Audio CD)
One word: Phenomenal.
I knew that the Hoff was an inspiration when he sang on the Berlin wall all those years ago, unfortunately I was just too young to appreciate the music produced by this great, great man at the time. I would say things like: "Mum, is he in pain" or "What's wrong with him Dad?" Now that I have come of age, waiting for each new release is like waiting for Christmas was all those years ago.
Some people think that you have to be like, German, or something to "Hear" David, this is simply not true. Many a time I have driving to the pub with my friends, I slip on a bit of the Hoff and it is always the catalyst for an amazing evening. I'll be the first to admit that some people, just for starters, get aggressive when they hear that I'm a fan; but I hardly ever actually get assaulted, much less when I put the CD on.
As well as the effect that David has on your friends, you have got to try it when you have a lady over. I often play some of his stuff when the wife and I are having a romantic evening; you wouldn't believe what David has done for my love life. A warning though: Dance dance d'amour might mean that you never actually get out of bed. I am now looking for a DVD to go with this album to save time and effort with foreplay.
And so to this album (I mean, I could just talk about David all day long, and I'm a married man!). As you would have imagined with such a talented (have you seen Baywatch, Night Rider et al? A Midas touch and no mistake) man, this album is killer stuff from start to finish, true, other - less talented people - wrote the songs on here, so no really great lyrics such as the ones on
Hot Shot City, but he turns their, poorly worded songs into his undeniably brilliant style.
Highlights include:
Track 3 - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' - one for the ladies, I love it too though; ooooh careful David, any more of that and I won't let my wife listen to it on account of jealousy.
Track 7 - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head: I bet that no self-respecting raindrop would fall on your head David.
Track 9 - These boots are made for walking - right down to the shop to buy a second copy of this album, I'll bet.
Track 14, my favourite - Amazing grace - I have never heard a better recording of this hymn, get your copy now Christians.
Phew! I'd better stop now before I get carried away...