Profile for Sue > Reviews

Official and Confidential: The Secret Life of J Edgar Hoover
Official and Confidential: The Secret Life of J Edgar Hoover
Price: 4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars What a shocking read!, 19 Mar 2014
For anyone with an interest in American recent history, this is an excellent and shocking read. I would recommend it as a background to other literature of the time as it adds a touch of reality to the political events of the era. Although Edgar died before Watergate, in my mind, it was his actions over the years which equipped the administration with the mind set to undertake their actions which brought down the President. A very good read.

World War Two: History in an Hour
World War Two: History in an Hour
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the cover!, 19 Mar 2014
I was looking for an overview and timeline of the events of the 2nd WW before pursuing further information and this was just the thing. It would be an ideal starting point for children wanting to know about the shocking events.

The Whispers of Nemesis
The Whispers of Nemesis
Price: 0.51

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good read, 22 July 2013
I have enjoyed all of Anne Zouroudi's detective stories but this was darker than those I have read previously, to the point where I wondered if it was written by someone else! However, I love the mystical element and this was still a good read.

It Started With An Ouzo
It Started With An Ouzo
Price: 2.02

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one of the best., 10 July 2013
The really annoying thing about the way this book is written is the ridiculous over use of 'apostrophes' around every other word, which became so irritating that I could not finish. I love books about people starting a new life in Greece but there was nothing interesting about this one.

The Taint of Midas (Mysteries of/Greek Detective 2)
The Taint of Midas (Mysteries of/Greek Detective 2)
Price: 0.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal holiday read!, 7 July 2013
I love these books and have so far read most of the series. I love the mystical happenings and that fact that we never really get to know Hermes. Anne Zouroudi certainly has a good knowledge of Greece and the Greek people which makes the stories even more attractive.

Ye Gods! II (More Travels in Greece)
Ye Gods! II (More Travels in Greece)
Price: 2.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 9 April 2013
After reading Ye Gods, which I thoroughly enjoyed, I proceeded to Ye Gods 2. Thoroughly enjoyable and for those Greekophiles out there these are good books to learn about the gods and the early history of Greece. Excellent holiday read!

10 Magic Eraser Sponges - For Chemical Free Stain and Mark Removal.
10 Magic Eraser Sponges - For Chemical Free Stain and Mark Removal.
Offered by Trisun UK
Price: 2.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 April 2013
I bought these on recommendation and I am so impressed I recommend them on! They are the only things I have found which remove stubborn marks and especially for removing scuffs from emulsioned walls. Don't rub too hard and smooth off afterwards. The wall along my staircase hasn't looked so good since it was first decorated.

Pimpernel Classic Emerald Placemats - Set of 6
Pimpernel Classic Emerald Placemats - Set of 6
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT
Price: 21.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Christmas present!, 23 Jan 2013
I was very pleasantly surprised when the placemats arrived 2 days after placing the order. The items were exactly as described and I shall be ordering the matching coasters soon!

Return To The Aegean - Book 1 (The Aegean Mystery Series)
Return To The Aegean - Book 1 (The Aegean Mystery Series)
Price: 2.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story., 10 Dec 2012
A good read. The ending is a bit obvious but if you want a good read and love all things Greek, you will enjoy this book.

Mad Men Season 5 [DVD]
Mad Men Season 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jon Hamm
Price: 16.17

5.0 out of 5 stars The best series so far!, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Mad Men Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my Dad as he loves Mad Men. This was an excellent series and very funny in places. Loved it!

Page: 1 | 2