Profile for K Flanaghan > Reviews

Content by K Flanaghan

K Flanaghan

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Promise (Soul Savers Series Book 1)
Promise (Soul Savers Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 16 May 2013
Took me longer to read than it does with most other books but it was actually ok. I have had it on my kindle for almost six months and have only just read it. Not sorry I didn't read it sooner as it wasn't great but I'm still intrigued enough that I may read the next one.

Marital Bitch (Men with Badges Book 1)
Marital Bitch (Men with Badges Book 1)
Price: 1.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much to it, 10 May 2013
Although I was not expecting much from this book I would have liked for it to have a bit more meat to it. I found it quite dry and lifeless and a bit one dimensional. Quite a forgettable book. I don't see myself reading any more of the authors work.

Someone to Love
Someone to Love

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable easy read, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Someone to Love (Kindle Edition)
Like so many books in the genre there isn't a whole lot to understand about this book. It is exactly what it says on the tin and there is no need to do any heavy thinking when reading it. Very easy reading and not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

Snoops in the City (A Romantic Comedy)
Snoops in the City (A Romantic Comedy)
Price: 1.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it, 10 May 2013
Margo the cat stole this story for me. I love that cat. I want that cat.
I really enjoyed the rest of the story. I found the secondary characters just as enjoyable as the primary ones. I also want my very own Wade.
The main plot of the story is quite predictable but I did enjoy the little minor twists thrown in there. There were just enough to keep it interesting.

Pushing the Limits (A Pushing the Limits Novel)
Pushing the Limits (A Pushing the Limits Novel)
Price: 0.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me cry, 5 May 2013
Found it difficult not to love Noah a little bit. Got the typical bad boy persona from a messed up past hiding a heart of gold. Pure Ryan Attwood. Found the storylines gripping and the characters well written and rounded. Don't think there was a single character in this that was mot believable. Even the characters who only appeared for a few sentences seemed well thought out and like they belonged. Will be interesting reading Beth's story but a little sad to think issiah isn't going to be the main man. Overall I was very impressed with Mcgarry's writing style and look forward to reading more of her work.

Summer Loving
Summer Loving
Price: 1.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it could be five., 5 May 2013
This review is from: Summer Loving (Kindle Edition)
This book is one of those that I have kept on my kindle for months and never got around to reading. After a conscious effort to go through and read all my unread books (there are dozens) the first few pages of this one grabbed me instantly. It's not difficult to fall in love with Elise. Spicer creates a character with such a real voice it's hard to believe the blog posts aren't real. If Elise were a real person, I would want her as a friend.
But for the lack of a star.
The two love interests in this book. Without giving too much away I feel she chose the wrong guy. I found him chauvinistic and extremely selfish and personally I don't think I would want him in my life even as a friend. The ending of the book had such bluntness to it that it seemed there was no build up whatsoever and came completely out of the blue. I really adored guy #2 a d was rooting for him the entire novel. He was extremely sweet and exactly the type of guy I would go for. What's more I felt like there series genuine feelings between him and Elise.
Overall I loved Elise and would read more books she featured in only if the book hadn't ended the way it had.

Heir Untamed (Royals Book 1)
Heir Untamed (Royals Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like other series', 3 May 2013
I originally thought this would play out like other series' when you are introduced to a family- one book per character. That's why I was confused when this book suddenly seemed to end. I was unaware it was a trilogy following the same character. To be honest I don't think I will be continuing with the rest of the series. Even though this book was quite enjoyable I just didn't get a good feeling about the characters.

A Man for the Summer
A Man for the Summer
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak, 2 May 2013
Found this story lacked a good story line and the whole thing seemed rushed which kind of left me wondering where the rest of the story was. Did not enjoy much at all.

The Fallen Star
The Fallen Star

4.0 out of 5 stars Great original story, 2 May 2013
This review is from: The Fallen Star (Kindle Edition)
I like when I stumbled over books like this that are so unique. Don't get me wrong it still includes some of the old stereotypes such as fairies and vampires but much of this story is completely original. Great use of imagery throughout and likeable characters. Also a really good cliffhanger ending.

Guardians: The Girl (The Guardians Series, Book 1)
Guardians: The Girl (The Guardians Series, Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't even finish it., 1 May 2013
Really tried to get into this book and read until about half way through. The character as just annoyed me more with every page. It came to the point that I just wished they would fail, the world would end, they would all die and I wouldn't have to read them winge anymore. Safe to say I won't be reading the rest of the series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11