Profile for K Flanaghan > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Dissolution (Breach #1.5)
Dissolution (Breach #1.5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little insight, 27 Oct. 2013
It was nice to see from Nathan's point of view the last chapter of the first book. Although the novella was very short I don't think it particularly needed to be any longer and instead just gave some explanations of why he did what he did. Looking forward to the second full length novel.

Breach (Breach #1)
Breach (Breach #1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Likeable characters, 27 Oct. 2013
I found this book enjoyable once I got past its flaws. There were a few spelling mistakes that I noticed and some grammatical errors too. I liked the characters even though I would have liked to delve a bit further into their back stories and missed a few of the sex scenes but I assume that this will instead be addressed in the sequel.

Banished From Grace (Fall From Grace Series Book 1)
Banished From Grace (Fall From Grace Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite sure, 22 Oct. 2013
Overall I liked the writing style and though I read the story over a two day period I can't necessarily say I was gripped by it. I didn't mind the main character but none of the other characters really had much appeal to me. I can't say it was a bad story because I actually found it to be quite imaginative but unfortunately it just wasn't for me.

Blur (Night Roamers) A Vampire Romance And Suspense Thriller
Blur (Night Roamers) A Vampire Romance And Suspense Thriller

2.0 out of 5 stars Everything was a bit too fast paced, 16 Oct. 2013
There was very little mystery to this story and everything was quite easy to guess at. I felt very little connection or empathy to the characters and overall the story just didn't pull me in. Also it was so short it could be a novella.

Finding Cinderella: A Novella
Finding Cinderella: A Novella

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking, 14 Oct. 2013
It was so nice to get Daniels point of view. He doesn't get mentioned much in the regulars stories apart from in losing hope but he was always a very likeable character. I know this was meant to be a nice freebie from colleen Hoover but now I can only hope she does another hopeless/losing hope dual story and release this novella from six's point of view so we can find out her thoughts from when she was in Italy.

Carter Reed (Carter Reed Series Book 1)
Carter Reed (Carter Reed Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of drama and angst, 7 Oct. 2013
I really enjoyed this book even though I couldn't help but be sceptical as to how many mobsters there really are anymore. Seems a bit too coincidental for Emma to have a long lost connection to an infamous mobster and her roommate then ending up dating another. Also I felt the first chapter where she actually kills Duncan was forced. I didn't feel her shock or hatred or anger at all. I liked some of the characters but didn't love any of them. But I did enjoy the twists of the plot.

Seeing Stars
Seeing Stars

3.0 out of 5 stars Sappy Romance but unimaginative, 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Seeing Stars (Kindle Edition)
The story can literally be guessed from the blurb. Blake is the perfect alpha male character with a deep romantic heart underneath and Claire is the cliched high school geek that finally gets the guy all the popular girls wanted once she takes off her glasses in a 'She's All That' kinda way. Very typical of the genre and easy to guess the story but wastes away the hours of a rainy Sunday in the best possible way.

Down London Road (On Dublin Street Book 2)
Down London Road (On Dublin Street Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 28 July 2013
I only gave this book four stars because although I loved it, I didn't like it as much as I loved On Dublin Street. I enjoyed Jo a lot more than I thought I would and thought that she was a very strong feminine character.
What I didn't like was the character development of Joss. Part of the reason I loved he so much in the first book was because of her flaws, damage and insecurities. I know her relationship with Braden is meant to have cured her off that but I really disliked who she has became. She is now too perky and interfering. The series already has Ellie to fulfil this role and i just felt it was untrue to who she was in the first book.
Also I found it a bit hard to picture Cam in my head and unfortunately this made it difficult for me to picture him and Jo as a couple. May have been my own issues on that one.
Overall I liked the plot and Jo's development and loved reintroduced to Cole. Now I really want it to skip forward a few years and hear about Hannah and the mysterious Marco.

Honeymoon For One (Honeymoon Series Book 1)
Honeymoon For One (Honeymoon Series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of promise, little pay off, 27 July 2013
Some parts of this book really gripped Mr, but unfortunately on a whole I just felt a bit disappointed. Just when the plot began to get maybe a little interesting, Keniston decided to wrap it up in a little bow that was far too neat and hasty in my opinion. So much more could have been done with it and I thought the story would last longer so imagine my surprise when it suddenly ended. What a waste.

Wicked Games (Games series Book 1)
Wicked Games (Games series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed the characters, 30 Jun. 2013
I thought the concept for this story was very clever. I've read a few deserted island stories before but never a survivor type tv show story so i was quite pleased. I enjoyed the characters and the whole book moved at a nice pace. Really enjoyed it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11