Profile for Robert > Reviews

Content by Robert

Robert (Liverpool, United Kingdom)

Havaianas - Beige Origine Eco Espadrille - Mens - Size: 9 UK
Havaianas - Beige Origine Eco Espadrille - Mens - Size: 9 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoe, shame about the fit, 16 Jun 2014
First of all, this review in no way reflects on the seller, as they did their job brilliantly…

As with all clothing, if you can't try an item on before you buy you're potentially going to be disappointed. Please make sure you look at the size guide, and even then expect to receive a small fitting shoe.

I ordered a Euro size 43 (UK 09), which in fact turned out to be UK 08. I exchanged them for a Euro size 44 - with no fuss whatsoever - and this pair is rather on the small size too!

As I intend only to wear them walking to the beach and back, I'm hoping that the fabric will stretch.

Black Moses
Black Moses
Price: 10.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Should be five stars!, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Black Moses (Audio CD)
This is one of those essential albums and deserves five stars. Unfortunately, I'm reviewing the overall 'product' and, as other reviewers have noted, the packaging WILL rip, no matter how careful you are - and the tracks are in the wrong order. If you intend to copy this CD then a little judicious editing is required.
The tracks, if played in their intended sequence, is:
1. Never Can Say Goodbye
11. I'll Never Fall In Love Again
12. Part Time Love
13. Medley: Ike's Rap IV / A Brand New Me
14. Going In Circles

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

1.0 out of 5 stars pay per ....., 8 April 2013
I thought that I really wanted this product ... until one was bought for me for my birthday.
I know I'm ungrateful, but I don't like this machine.
I thought that I just wanted a simple device to read the kind of dross one reads when on holiday, but,
I don't like not having book covers.
I don't like not having original fonts.
I don't like tapping the screen to turn a page.
I don't like the "genuine leather" cover.
I don't like paying for books that I don't own.
I suspect that, if the damn thing survives the pool, it'll end up being a Kindle Paperweight.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2013 11:46 PM BST

The Wine of Angels
The Wine of Angels
by Phil Rickman

4.0 out of 5 stars Ding dong!, 27 July 2011
This review is from: The Wine of Angels (Hardcover)
The first in Phil Rickman's Merrily Watkins series, having been written in 1998, must, I think, be read as an historical novel - especially if you are not quite old enough to remember the 'lady vicar' storm in a teacup. I enjoyed reading the book (you have to be able to suspend your disbelief) and found Rickman's style of writing and his characterizations very engaging. I've ordered more books in the sequence, hoping that they don't end up too much like Midsomer Murders or, God forbid, Heartbeat.

El Cid [Blu-ray]
El Cid [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Charlton Heston
Price: 11.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic movie on Bluray, 25 Jun 2011
This review is from: El Cid [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I first saw this movie at the cinema when I was about 12 years old in the sixties, and loved it. After buying the unwatchable pan-and-scan version on DVD I hoped that a decent widescreen copy would become available. It took some time for this UK disc to appear, and I can't pretend to understand the technical jargon that other reviewers use, but this is, I think, the best we're going to get for home viewing