Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

We Were Liars
We Were Liars

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth a read...., 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: We Were Liars (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put it down. All fell into place towards the end. Don't know what I expected but a real twist in the tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's working - although not as fast as I'd like....but, 28 May 2013
Aug 24th

I wrote the review below back in May. After four weeks I had lost 9LBS (in spite of 1or 2 weekly cheats).The thing I am most delighted about is that since then I have not regained that weight. For 8 of those weeks I was between jobs therefore eating out regulary and having treats. This has been amazing. I eat sensibly most of the time but have still have wine, coffee, cheese, chocolate. Bacon sarnies etc and am still 9 lbs down.

I am about to embark on anorher 4 weeks to lose my last 7lbs. Will add an update in a month or so but am very happy I found this book. One thing I have noticed is that when I do eat 'rubbish' now I really dont enjoy it so my relationship with food has seriously changed.

**********

28 May

Day 3 of week 3 and I've lost 6 lbs. I was hoping for double this but I suppose I only had max 1 stone to lose so a quick fix wasn't going to happen. I've had a few blips - occasional decaf tea and coffee with skimmed milk when REALLY struggling.

To be honest I'm disappointed that I don't feel better in myself after reading the other reviews. Yes I've lost my bloat and my waist is more defined but I'm exhausted and quite faint most of the time and tend to fall asleep after my evening meal - crash!

I make my own spelt bread - which is lovely - and such a pleasure with almond butter on day 5. I made Haylie's Chilli over the weekend and it is gorgeous. I would make that whether on a diet or not. I get through days 3 and 4 by making stew/soup as something warm is more satisfying than meat and salad.

I find days 1 and 2 hard until lunchtime then I'm fine. I suffer from low blood sugar so the lack of protein with breakfast makes me hungry and irritable. After being on low carb diets forever though the fruit is lovely.

The positive is that this is that this the first weight I've managed to lose in 10 years. I lost 1.5 stones 10 years ago on Suzanne Somers. It gradually crept back and no matter what I have done I have not shifted any weight since. So 6 lb is a bonus as I was sceptical. When I think back 10 years I lost around 5 lb in the first week and then nothing for the next 3 weeks or so then the weight did drop off so I think (hope) the same may happen here.

I think for me this has to be a longer term fix and I do worry what will happen if I stop. My diet is pretty healthy anyway in that I haven't eaten processed food for 10 years and always try and eat lots of protein and veg. I do struggle to eat 5 times on days 5, 6 and 7 so I think maybe I don't eat enough? I'm definitely sticking it out for the next week and a half as it would be fatal to stop now.

You have to be organised and cook and freeze meals otherwise you'll give up in the first week. Also the tips to give up caffeine for a week before starting the plan were well received.

[[ASIN:0091948177 The Fast Metabolism Diet: Lose Up to 20 Pounds in 28 Days: Eat More Food & Lose More Weight: Unleash Your Body's Natural Fat-Burning Power and Lose 20lbs in 4 Weeks

Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in
Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in

5.0 out of 5 stars Great holiday read - I want that man!, 17 July 2012
3 books - 3 days - 1 sunbed. I didn't expect to be but I was hooked.
Take it for what it is - a lovely piece of romantic escapism - with extras. Loved the emails in the books and laughed out loud at the 'inner goddess'.
Roll on my next holiday so I can read them again (and I don't often re read a book).

Six Weeks to OMG: Get skinnier than all your friends
Six Weeks to OMG: Get skinnier than all your friends

4.0 out of 5 stars It's beginning to sink in......., 19 Jun. 2012
I bought the book some time ago, read about black coffee and freezing baths and thought - how guillible am I?

I picked the book up again last weekend however, and finished it.

Whilst I still can't do black coffee, freezing baths and hot water with lemon on an empty stomach (migraine), I took on board that you cannot reverse 40 years of carbohydrate abuse in two weeks - and that is the root of my problem. I don't eat anything to excess (never really have) and have never been obese but I have excess fat (approx 1 stone overweight) and regardless of the amounts of exercise I do - and I DO exercise - it does not go away.

Therefore I am folowing the low carb, not eating snacks between meals, cutting down on milk and fruit principles, increasing my protein and veg, the odd natural yogurt and a bowl of wholewheat cereal each day. I'm avoiding cheese and of course having only occasional wholegrain bread but realise this has to be long term - no quick fix. I'm not missing chocolate and much as I would like to give up wine - I'm allowing some at weekends.

So no, yet again I wont be slim for my holiday in two weeks time but I might have lost a pound or two or at least be in the right frame of mind to stick with it whilst I'm away. And I will keep picking up the book as you always get something new out of subsequent reads. The joy of Kindle being I can take as many diet books on holiday as I like and my other half hasn't got a clue what I'm reading so can't poo poo it!

I'll let you know how I go on........

I Can Make You Slim
I Can Make You Slim

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Amanada - does nothing for me...., 20 Aug. 2011
This review is from: I Can Make You Slim (Audio CD)
I bought this because the reviews were so good and the write up described me to a 'T' but it has no effect on me whatsoever. I do not even dose off during this and I don't find it has an interesting message for me to take on board in my waking state. Wish I could say otherwise.