Profile for Graeme A. Fraser > Reviews

Content by Graeme A. Fraser

Graeme A. Fraser (London)

Brilliant B2B Digital Marketing
Brilliant B2B Digital Marketing

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic framework the modern B2B marketer, 20 Dec 2013
Brilliant B2B Digital Marketing is a book for the modern and perhaps not so modern B2B marketer. It provides a comprehensive framework for how to deal with the all pervasive challenge of digital marketing from the granular tactical elements involved in using Google +, for example, to the more strategic aspects of achieving management buy-in.

I have 16 years experience in B2B marketing and the new landscape is exciting and daunting in equal measures. Rene has provided me with a refresher as well as providing a solid framework for optimising a lead nurturing programme. If you are a B2B marketer, regardless of service length, read it and refer to it.

Watertight Marketing: Delivering Long-Term Sales Results
Watertight Marketing: Delivering Long-Term Sales Results
by Bryony Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars We could all be more Watertight., 20 Dec 2013
My key takeaway from reading Watertight Marketing is Bryony's ability to provide practical clarity around this subject. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time! And this is exactly the approach Bryony as taken. Watertight marketing does away with the modern marketing hyperbole that befalls many modern marketing books, instead focussing on practical steps that deliver customer centricity.

I don't think this is a book solely for small business owners. I think all marketers could learn something from this book.

Culture Shock: A Handbook For 21st Century Business
Culture Shock: A Handbook For 21st Century Business
by Will McInnes

4.0 out of 5 stars Culture Shocked, 10 July 2013
I've always had a thing with business books. I think reading them, and their often drier than dry content, non-stop for 4 years at university, has put me off them. Nevertheless, I've seen Will speak a couple of times, and I like his shtick. His approach resonates with me. Having spent 14years working in corporate environments, something has to change. And Will's book addresses just that. He proposes that it doesn't have to be the 'we've always done it that way' way, using a heap of case studies that demonstrate that, actually, democratic and open workplaces have been around for a while, and guess what? It works and more importantly it's not too late to change, adapt and embrace what it could mean to your business in terms of productivity, performance, well being and where required, profit. It was challenging, thought provoking, refreshing, inspiring, frightening. Quite a bit to take in, in a good way. It made me think. Alot. I liked it.

Creative B2B Branding (No Really): Building a Creative Brand in a Business World
by Scot McKee

5.0 out of 5 stars What B2B marketing wants to be when its older, 3 Aug 2010
If, like me, you have battled against the following scenario:

Marketing: "We need to talk about the brand"
Sir: "I want to see people shaking hands. Preferably in a dated, double-breasted Hugo Boss suit.
Marketing: "Really?"
Sir: "Because it's what we do, we make business happen. And if you can't get shaking hands, I want people pointing at a computer screen"

then you will appreciate the sentiment of Scot's book. This isn't new, radical stuff, this is common sense. This is about making B2B the creative force it deserves to be, and desperately wants to be, when it's older. It's the same B2B that struggles to look past the suit, handshakes, and tall building stock photography, the colour blue, widgets, data speeds, faster, bigger, better. Where's the joy? Where's the relevance? The dose of reality?

I haven't read a B2B marketing book since I left university. Why? Because they're dull. They don't inspire. And where branding is concerned, it's all "well you'll need a logo to convey the brand personality" (box-ticked, lets move on). 'Creative B2B branding' gives the industry ( and me, to be honest) a much needed kick up the a*rse and gives b2b marketing practitioners an excellent framework with which to both rejuvenate and develop a creative brand.

It all starts with a story.....

Morning Sun
Morning Sun
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer Soundscape, 11 July 2001
This review is from: Morning Sun (Audio CD)
Alongside Zero 7's "Simple Things" this is the album to accompany the summer months. Released on the nu-cool Nuphonic record label, Block 16 have captured the feel good factor of UK dance music, by showing that us Brits are not afraid to experiment.
Opening with 'Find an Oasis', a gorgeous sun drenched vocal number, Morning Sun, to use a cliche, never looks back. By utilising the diverse vocal talents of Jehilsa, Bim Sherman and Robert Owens, Block 16 adopt house (Electrokution), jazz and hip hop (And Voodoo) influences to create a top album, that is suitable for waking up to as it is BBQ accompaniment. If you like this reach for Fug 'Ready for Us' you wont be disappointed.