Profile for bioShark > Reviews

Content by bioShark

bioShark (Germany, Romania)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Legend of Drizzt: Set 1, Bks. 1-3 (Forgotten Realms) (Forgotten Realms: The Legend of Drizzt)
by R.A. Salvatore
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Forgotten Realm, 14 Dec 2013
A great start in an epic world. The writing style is very dynamic, and it will catch you from the first pages.

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (Mac/PC DVD-ROM)
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (Mac/PC DVD-ROM)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.
Price: 14.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Strategy, fast paced, 14 Dec 2013
There is no point in me making a review here. Everybody who considers buying this game knows about it already. I like what they did compared to SC1. Nice graphics and intelligently created new units.

Fallout 3 - Game Of The Year Edition (PC DVD)
Fallout 3 - Game Of The Year Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by Turbotrance
Price: 8.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 14 Dec 2013
Love this game. I wanted to show my support for the developers and bought the GOTY edition. No issues with the delivery or with the product.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition (PC DVD)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by Turbotrance
Price: 13.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 29 Oct 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Many would say this game has changed a lot from the original Witcher. I know people who are welcoming the new nice & astonishing graphical engine while some are complaining about the fact that the camera mode is fixed and by not being able to change it, they can't play the game.

I belong to the first group. I loved the original game, and now I am even more impressed with the second one. I was a bit surprised with the fixed camera, but after playing a while, I got used to it, and now I don't even realize it's different then the old one.

I will not make a review of the game in itself here, because there are professional sites for that. I will only say that I love the game. I has a great story, a great way of telling it, and a great way of playing it. The Enhanced Edition brings a lot of goodies, for an incredible low price. The map of the world is handy when the story unfolds and you can trace the action and story on it. The soundtrack is a welcome bonus for my long trip with my car.

As a non-DRM lover, I came to respect CD Project quite a lot. They make the games exactly as they should be: buy a DVD, install the game, and play. No fuss related to internet connection, constant log-in or stuff like that. They constantly add free DLC's, which is great. I will definitely follow all the games this company is producing.

So, all in all, I can definitely recommend this game.

Unix and Linux System Administration Handbook
Unix and Linux System Administration Handbook
by Evi Nemeth
Price: 37.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bible I need, 24 Sep 2012
I can definitely not make a 100% review of this book, due to the the fact that I have recently started it, and haven't finished it yet. I am a Software Engineer, development oriented, but with some sysadmin activities in the past and other maintenance work I do on a regular basis.

The reason I searched for a comprehensive book/compendium on Unix/GNU Linux was to clarify some of the questions I constantly have regarding trivial to complex operations I do on the systems I work on. I needed a manual which explains in detail what and why thing happen as they happen in the X world. Sure, I could find all the command I needed on Google, or by simply reading the man pages, but what I was lacking was inner understanding of the system as a whole.

And this book, the ULSAH4, didn't disappoint. I like the structure, the explanations and the examples. I definitely have a lot to learn from this gem, and I hope I will be able to go through it all, and make all the exercises they challenge you with.

I will update this review as I continue to read through the book.

Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Price: 20.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun when there are no technical issues, 7 Jun 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I just like the Diablo franchise, but I don't like their approach to host the game engine on-line.
- It generates a lot of problems like disconnections, game glitches, etc.
- Another annoying thing is that they have reduce the chance to get a good item drop drastically. They are paving the way for the real money auction house. Too bad.
- They have removed the chance to develop your hero's main skills (Str, Dex, Vit and Int) as you want. They are automatically assigned based on the class you are playing. The only way to make a difference is through the gear you are equipping (items with +100 Str a.s.o.). It does not help that you have low chances of getting good drops in the levels. So they encourage you to buy in the auction house.

All in all the fun is still there. So, it's your choice if you want to buy it.

Mighty Bright Green Xtraflex 2 LED Book Light
Mighty Bright Green Xtraflex 2 LED Book Light
Price: 11.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Light when ever you need it!, 8 Nov 2011
I have just received this Book Light and I immediatelly fell in love with it. It generates a very warm, yet bright white light which let's you have a pleasant read even at the lowest setting (with only 1 light on). It has 3 settings: on with 2 lights, on with 1 light and off. The switch is right at the back of the light, easy to press. The book light is not heavy at all, and it sits easily on my paperbacks. It already commes with 3 batteries, so you don't have to worry about that right from the start.
I also love the design, and the flexible head. It moves easily, no problems with that.
All in all it's my perfect book light for travel and night reading.
If anyone cares, I highly recommend it.

Java Pocket Guide (Pocket Guides)
Java Pocket Guide (Pocket Guides)
by Robert Liguori

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gem, 20 Oct 2011
I am not a full time Java developer, but I still do a fairly large amount of Java coding. I bought this book just to have a quick reference on my desk and to quickly look over the stuff I don't remember and because it was very cheep for it's value, and I've added as an extra to a larger order.
Since I've bought it, I haven't regreted it for a moment. Right from the start I've learned something new and this has encourage me to read it through from start to end, not just keep it as a reference.
I highly recomend this little book, let's call it your little helper.

The Forever War (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
The Forever War (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
by Joe Haldeman
Price: 7.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sci-fi, 18 Sep 2011
I have read this book with having lot of fun and pleasure. It's a great sci-fi. He may be the first writer with this type of vision. It is totally believable. I wouldn't call it quite hard core, but definitely relies on some truth, especially about human nature.
If you are a sci-fi fan, READ this book.

Linux Pocket Guide (Pocket Guide: Essential Commands)
Linux Pocket Guide (Pocket Guide: Essential Commands)
by Daniel J. Barrett

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect, 17 Sep 2011
Excellent little book. Even though it's a reference book, I've read it from start to end. But that's just me, I wanted to try all the commands. I am sure it will get handy in day to day activities. To bad it doesn't have a search functionality :) I am definitely recommend this book to novice/intermediate users. For me, at least, the next step is shell scripting. I think "Classical shell scripting" from O'Reilly.
Even though the book is written with regards to Fedora, I have run all the commands on Ubuntu 11.04 (some packages needed to be installed via "sudo get-install") and it has worked just great.

All in all I definitely recommend this little jewel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3