Profile for Catherine Hipwood > Reviews

Content by Catherine Hipwood

Catherine Hipwood

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The 2-Day Diet: Diet Two Days a Week. Eat Normally for Five.
The 2-Day Diet: Diet Two Days a Week. Eat Normally for Five.
by Michelle Harvie
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should have this bookk, 17 April 2013
I am very impressed with this book...it seemed a little complicated ar first but after spending a coffee break or two reading it, I think it is brilliant. As a non meat eater, i am now enjoying more fish, eggs and pulses than I have ate for years and look and feel better. The weight loss is very encouraging...although I am having to take the time to rethink my meal plans and become more organised, I feel the benefits of becoming more thoughtful about food are huge. I see the effort as time well spent and as a busy mother of 4, I have decided, I am worth it! I deserve a little pampering. Since following this book I no longer feel inclined to eat chocolate, cake, etc...I am eating huge portions of food, really feel like I am treating myself...and do not feel that I need to nibble between feasts. I am recording what I eat and keeping a tally of how many servings of protein etc. I am eating....but only because it helps me ....after a few days the new way of eating becomes very manageable . I am sure I will be indulging in the future but this book has helped me retrain my eating....I am back in control and it feels good. I think all adults should have a copy of this book...everyone could learn something positive from it.

Salter 021 WHDR diet snap-on lid diet kitchen scales
Salter 021 WHDR diet snap-on lid diet kitchen scales
Offered by home_essentials
Price: 5.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect...well designed, accurate, high quality, excellent value., 14 Feb 2012
I love to buy well designed, functional and attractive items. This Diet Kitchen scales is a great example of this. It is well made, accurate, compact and can be stored neatly within its self and kept clean by the lid. It easily fits inside a cupboard or drawer and I have used it frequently to measure and check portion sizes. the scale is easy to read and the scale pan is easy to clean...it measures accurately but with a functional style...it is a pleasure to use and is excellent value for money. I hope to enjoy using it for years...but would replace it instantly if it broke. I have a larger set of scales which I use for baking...this set only measures small quantities...the scale pan is the size of a 500g tub of margarine/butter. If you are looking for a set of scales to measure small quantites or check portion sizes buy this set of scales...you will be delighted.

WALK! Walk your way to great health & long life (Boomer Health Book Series 5)
WALK! Walk your way to great health & long life (Boomer Health Book Series 5)
Price: 6.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start to any fitness regime, 12 Feb 2012
I recently downloaded this book onto my kindle. I have found it very good and thought provoking. I feel walking is an excellent way for anyyone to start getting fitter. The book is full of lots of information...but could have benefitted from editing...as it sometimes repeats its self...but its a great free book...I can live with any issues like that..I think the ideas in the book are excellent

Cluttered Homes, Cluttered Minds 3 - A Child's Bedroom (Home and Family, How To, Tips and Hints on Organizing, Cleaning, and Removing Clutter)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 12 Feb 2012
I have enjoyed reading this on my kindle. It is well written, clear and inspiring. I now feel inspired to tackle our childrens rooms - how long that feeling will last I dont know, but its a start!!

For Cello Book 1 [With CD and DVD] (New Tune a Day)
For Cello Book 1 [With CD and DVD] (New Tune a Day)
by Janet Coles
Price: 10.72

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 12 Feb 2012
My son has really enjoyed using this book and cd. He has been having lessons for about 6 months and we think this book has been an excellent resource and has advanced his playing. The choice of music is excellent, and the player can listen to the cd to hear how the piece should sound and then play along to the cd. This book makes a lovely gift and i well presented and organised. My son has found it great fun to use and is very proud of his own progress - which makes us feel pleased and proud.

The Tomorrow People - Series 1 Box Set [DVD] [1973]
The Tomorrow People - Series 1 Box Set [DVD] [1973]
Dvd ~ Nicholas Young
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family viewing, 11 Feb 2012
We have all enjoyed this blast from the past. Our three boys have really enjoyed the plots and storylines...we have enjoyed reliving our childhood and laughing at the fashions etc. A good buy for modern children.

A New Tune A Day: Violin - Book 1 (CD Edition)
A New Tune A Day: Violin - Book 1 (CD Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ...much loved by my son., 11 Feb 2012
Our son has been learning to play the violin through school for 6 months. We bought this book as a christmas present and have been really impressed. Our son has really taken to it...it helps him practise and I think it is advancing his playing...he enjoys using the cd and the music in the book is presented in a structured manner, with a good selection of music. Its lovely to hear him progress, and great to see him engage and be proud of his achievement. I would give thi book 10/10...I am not musically minded...but anyone can see its a well structured book, presented in an attractive way, and the cd allows your child to hear what the piece of music should sound like, and they can then play along with it. Great fun.

Stagg STB-GEN 20 C Full Size Deluxe Classical Guitar Bag
Stagg STB-GEN 20 C Full Size Deluxe Classical Guitar Bag
Price: 41.69

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent guitar bag, 11 Feb 2012
We were really pleased with this guitar bag. Ideally I would like to have physically held this guitar bag before purchase...but when it arrived I was delighted with the quality,style and could not believe what good value for money it was. Our sons lovely, expensive (for us) guitar will be well protected on the journey to and from school...I am confident it has a good chance of surviving my eldest son and being passed on to our other sons. Shame he has to take the guitar out of the bag to play it! I would not hesitate to say...buy this bag...10/10. Also impressed with the marketplace seller.

Fight Fat After Forty: How to stop being a stress eater and lose weight fast
Fight Fat After Forty: How to stop being a stress eater and lose weight fast
by Dr Pamela Peeke
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars This book should be available free on the NHS, 11 Feb 2012
This book is so good it should be available on the NHS. I am only part of the way through the book...but have already been inspired to make some changes in my lifestyle and can feel and see the results. There is a lot of science based facts in this book...I had to sometimes really engage my brain to read some of the sections...but so far it all makes sense. There are a lot of sensible old ideas...breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince etc ...presented in a fresh manner...backed up by science. These old ideas are blended well with modern research and ideas...this made me increaingly confident in the book. I wish someone had given me this book a few years earlier..but I feel ready to take control and enjoy pampering myself, while geting fit and healthly ready to enjoy life. I think this is an important book for any woman from her 35 onwards.

What Would You Do With This Room? My 10 Foolproof Commandments to Great Interior Design
Price: 3.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable read, 9 Feb 2012
I have really enjoyed this guide and will refer to it when ever I feel the urge to decorate or review our house. It is clear, well written and quite inspiring.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3