Profile for Nobody > Reviews

Content by Nobody

Nobody (London, England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Liteway Filament 4w BC B22 GLS LED Bulb, 470 Lumen, Warm White, 40w Traditional Replacement

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh I loved those old lightbulbs in the days before the ugly ..., 29 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Oh I loved those old lightbulbs in the days before the ugly energy saving bulbs started making their appearance 20 years ago. Yes I know it is only a lightbulb but I did love them. Now look at this bulb, not only is it energy efficient instant light it is beautiful to look at also. I've this one now for about a month and use it everyday and can I say, I want another one.
Comment Comment | Permalink

SPEEDLINK Kudos Z-9 8200 Dpi Laser Gaming Mouse - Red/Black
SPEEDLINK Kudos Z-9 8200 Dpi Laser Gaming Mouse - Red/Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory but not spectacular., 3 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I guess how you're going to feel about this mouse is relative to what you current use or have used in the past. I currently use a Logitech Darkfield which retails slightly higher than the Kudos. Straight out the box though I noticed that the Kudos is, given it's relatively large size, rather on the light side. In fact it feels a bit underweight which is a bit of a problem seeing as it is not wireless. The USB cable is quite stiff which causes the mouse to move a bit when you lift your hand off. It is probably not such a big issue for most people but it should be noted. The profile is also a bit lower than some mice I have but it is overall not too bad in that regards. I guess it just depends on the size of your hands and personal preference really. This is marketed as a gaming mouse so as per usual you get lots of blinking lights in a variety colours that can be alter with a switch on the top. One feature of the mouse that I do particularly like is the ability to alter the cursor speed via a button also on the top of the mouse which I do find to be useful. One feature missing on this mouse which would put me off using it all that much is a free spinning scroll wheel. This is a feature of the Logitech Darkfield that I have grown to love over the years a don't feel I do without now. The build quality of the mouse could be a lot better also given the price of device. Overall I'm left a bit underwhelmed by the mouse.

GOURMETmaxx 09873 Julienne and Vegetable Spiralizer | Compact Spiralizer | Fruit and Vegetable Slicer

2.0 out of 5 stars As a product it does what it says it does ..., 8 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a product it does what it says it does but I'm left wondering what the point of it all is. Apart from screwing a carrot into it and creating long stringy carrots I fail to see much more use for it. I tried shoving a cucumber through it and the result were less than desirous.

KS3 French Complete Revision and Practice with Audio CD: Complete Revision and Practise (Complete Revision & Practice)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars I was satisfied with the results overall reaching a reasonable standard of ..., 3 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I spent the first half of 2015 learning to speak French using an online website after numerous failed attempts over the years to pick up French on my own. I was satisfied with the results overall reaching a reasonable standard of French reading, mostly suitable for French news. So when I saw the KS3 French by CPG Books I thought I would it a go to see how well I spent my time. One thing I had done when using the online website was scribble done a mountain of notes in the process and now much to my satisfaction I throw all that away as this KS3 is a handy replacement for all those notes as most of what I covered online is in the handy book. The presentation of the book is great with nice clear text on a large A4 page and plenty of colour and illustrations and well space for enhanced clarity. Something I do think would enhance the book further would be to include some more of the most common French verbs and their conjugations. Overall I can't complain though as this is intended to cover the basics of French. I'll be using it regularly.

Russell Hobbs 21651 Textures 4 Slice Toaster - Black
Russell Hobbs 21651 Textures 4 Slice Toaster - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wide slot toaster., 5 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Funny how we take the humble toaster for granted when we all have one and probably would feel a bit lost in the mornings without one. Anyway the Russell Hobbs toaster does what it says on the box.

4 slice toaster with extra wide slots for toasting tea cakes and crumpets also (maximum thickness 26mm). Toaster is divided into two halves two slices each with lever controls and browning setting each and toast from frozen, reheat and ejects functions on both halves. Toast from frozen and reheat buttons adjusts the toasting time accordingly so that you do not need to adjust your favoured browning setting.

The toaster has a dual finish of matt black plastic on the sides and a high gloss black plastic finish on the front and back. There a two separate crumb trays accessible from the rear. The black power cord protrudes from the right of the toaster and is about 60cm long. Comes with a short instruction manual.

Model no. 21651
220-240v~ 50/60Hz
1250W-1500W

The guarantee states: ''Defects affecting the product functionality appearing within two years of the first retail purchase will be corrected by replacement or repair provided the product is used and maintained in accordance with the instructions. Your statutory rights are not affected. Documentation, packaging, and product specifications may change without notice.''

I popped a slice of bread in the toaster and set the browning control to 3 (on a scale of 1-6) and 2minute 20secs later I had a lovely golden brown slice of toast.

Can War be Eliminated?
Can War be Eliminated?
by Christopher Coker

3.0 out of 5 stars Business as usual, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Can War be Eliminated? (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Coker is trying to stimulate debate with this little book by presenting a few ideas, some new, some old, regurgitating other peoples ideas and theories and dumping it in a punch bowl of modern pop cultural references. By the end I was left with the feeling that it was all incredibly lightweight and that anyone with even the most basic full spectrum analysis could have pulled this together. Much of the attention appears to be on the evolutionary nature of war and whether the average Joe would recognize it. In a way I tend to agree with what he's saying but he leaves out one important motivational aspect of war: Business.

An Enquiry Concerning Political Justice (Oxford World's Classics)
An Enquiry Concerning Political Justice (Oxford World's Classics)
by William Godwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Now more than ever., 24 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Believe it or not there was once a time when people were concerned about their liberties, there was once a time when people could recognise where the threat to that liberty came from. In the late 1790s people still cared and were courageous enough to stand up and voice their opinions in defence of their liberties. Today 21st century man has become a mere shadow of his former self, distracted by entertainment, indoctrinated by education and sycophantic 24/7 media and totally dependent on the state to meet their every need. Oh lamentation how things have change. Oh to have lived in the time of Godwin; Paine and Mill when people still remembered what it was they were fighting for, "Liberty". Sure there were the dependent and the indoctrinated back then but there were also the voices of dissent. Has there ever been a time in greater need of dissent?

"After our adversaries have exhausted their eloquence and exerted themselves to mislead us, truth has a clear, nervous and simple story to tell, which, if force be excluded on all sides, will not fail to put down their arts. Misrepresentation will speedily vanish, if the friends of truth be but half as alert as the advocates of falsehood" ~ William Godwin

Oxford University Press present the original 1793 edition of this book.

Vax U90-P4-P Power 4 Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U90-P4-P Power 4 Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 21 Sept. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My first impression was that this vacuum cleaner looked a bit cheap and nasty but that is to be expected for the price, however I've been using it for a few months and I'm very pleased with its performance.

It had to be assembled, but not with too much difficulty (even for me) as it comes with adequate instructions. Plugging it in for the first time, I couldn't believe what came out of my carpets, dust was flying everywhere almost to the degree that I initially thought that something was wrong with it. There wasn't, it simply illustrated the inadequacy of my previous machine. Quite a revelation!

It has a very powerful suction and a long 10 metre cord that is sufficient for many large size rooms avoiding the annoyance of shorter cords on similar machines (other models come with only 6m cords). It has a see-through dirt container so you know when it's full at a glance. The container is easy to remove and clean, apart from the filter which because of its shape is a bit fiddly. The on/off switch is tucked away and takes a bit of getting used to.

For the price, this vacuum cleaner is excellent value and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone.

Me and Orson Welles [DVD]
Me and Orson Welles [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zac Efron

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 April 2010
This review is from: Me and Orson Welles [DVD] (DVD)
To be quite honest I was enormously disappointed by this film. I have in the past enjoyed several of Richard Linklater's film like "Slacker" (1991), "Dazed and Confused" (1993) and "Waking Life" (2001) so have always had a measure of expectation when viewing anything new he does. So add to that a film about Orson Welles and I become excited really. The film is based around Orson Welles preparation for his theatre production of "Julius Caesar" in 1937 which was done in modern dress, however this film ironically is done as period piece which sits at odds with what Orson Welles would have done given the same opportunity. The casting of Zac Efron (whoever he is, a teen heart-throb I'm informed) in the lead is a mistake and seems incredibly cynical because he is out performed in almost every scene he is in. Christian McKay does an excellent job in his portrayal of Charles Foster Kane (whoops) I mean Orson Welles via Charles Foster Kane. You see this is a problem because the character had all the mannerism, facial expressions and bravado of CFK. I'm sure a great director and actor like Orson Welles would have severely critical of the formalistic approach in this film. But then again I don't think it was marketed to anyone who actually knows who Orson Welles was.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2010 9:09 AM BST

In Memoriam
In Memoriam

4.0 out of 5 stars An overlooked gem., 15 April 2010
This review is from: In Memoriam (Audio CD)
This is one of those rare gems that turn up in the underground, get a limited release and then disappear. There is nothing original about this release, Mayhemic Truth sound almost exactly like viking period Bathory (Twilight of the Gods, 1990) but its done so well that it is hard to find any fault with it. What is important to note as well is that this is a compilation of demo material but it holds together so well that you'd hardly notice any difference. Great album!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11