Profile for Michael > Reviews

Content by Michael

Michael

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ48EB-K Hybrid Super Zoom Digital Camera (12.1MP, 24x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 8 Oct 2013
I bought this camera to take general photographs but particularly to take pictures of products for use in catalogues and on the internet.
However, I have found that the Panasonic Lumix FZ48 camera is totally incapable of photographing anything on a white background. I have tried indoors, with and without artificial lighting and outdoors. I have tried it with the 'white balance' set but every time the white background comes out in a whole range of different colours including pink, blue, purple and brown. I recently sent one photograph where the pure white background was in a mid brown/mauve colour (from Pantone 4725 to Pantone 4755 - a very long way from white)to Panasonic who replied that they thought it was of "very good quality". If Panasonic judge this to be a good photograph then there is no point in my spending any more time trying to photograph anything on a white background with this camera.
In short this camera is useless if you want to take any photograph of any object on a white background unless you have a lot of time to spend with Photoshop editing in order to change whatever colour the camera has recorded to the actual white.

How Do We Fix This Mess? The Economic Price of Having It All and the Route to Lasting Prosperity
by Robert Peston

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong title, 20 Nov 2012
I agree with a previous reviewer, the title of this book is misleading. After all, if the title is a question one can reasonably expect that the book will attempt to answer that question. The book is a very good account of how we got into this mess but says almost nothing about how we are to get out of it. The only suggestion seems to be that we should try to sell more goods to China. This is so much easier said than done that one can see at once that, whilst Mr Peston is a wonderful financial journalist, he has limited knowledge of business. To say we should try to sell more to China is as useful as saying we should try to make more money.

MOTOROLA T505 Bluetooth® In-Car Speakerphone with Digital FM Transmitter
MOTOROLA T505 Bluetooth® In-Car Speakerphone with Digital FM Transmitter

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 17 Aug 2010
After struggling with this thing for hours I finally contacted Motorola who told me that it is not compatible with my phone. I must admit that my phone is very rare indeed, hardly anyone has ever heard of it - it is made by a tiny company called Apple - it is called an iPhone 3G!!!
Why don't Motorola write in big red letters on all of their T505 marketing information "This won't work with an iPhone"?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2012 4:06 PM BST