Profile for Paul Hughes > Reviews

Stalin: History in an Hour
Stalin: History in an Hour
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I must learn more about this man named Stalin, 28 May 2013
I found this book to be most interesting as it shed light onto a name I thought I knew a bit about.

The book left me with a number of questions that require answering, such as How did he earn his living while he was whipping up . the workers. How did he find his time in prison and what lead him to make some of the decisions that lead to so much harm.

Once I finished reading the book I found a need to learn ore.

History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire - Volume 1
History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire - Volume 1
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A hard read but well worth it for the Roman Buff, 11 May 2013
You can see why this book has been read over some many years. The investigation must have taken years to collect and the book paints a clear, detailed, picture of what life must have been like in those fare off days.

All I can say is that an Emperor had to keep a close eye on his back at all times.

Life in Nelson's Navy
Life in Nelson's Navy
Price: 0.83

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the books to keep, 15 April 2013
If you thought that you know about live on board ship in Nelson's time then you have to read this book.
The information contained in the book will take your understanding to a new level.

The Complete Sherlock Holmes: with an introduction from Robert Ryan
The Complete Sherlock Holmes: with an introduction from Robert Ryan
Price: 0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to keep and to reread, 25 Mar 2013
This is defiantly a book I shall keep and dip into from time to time.

I found that each chapter was an easy read and although I thought that I know most of the Sherlock Holmes story's I found out that I was very wrong.

One can easily see why Conan Doyle is seen as the master of his trade.

I would recommend this book to everyone.

Arnold Crabtree:WW1 British Sniper.*(Updated 2nd Edition). 100th Anniversary:WW1 1914-1918. (Digital Military Crime :WW1 Series.)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 25 Mar 2013
As a keen World War 1 buff I found this book to be of great interest. Not only dose it cover the normal details about new recruits joining the Army but also dips into a few details on sniping. Most of us think that sniping is a one man operation, but this book makes it clear that it is fact a two man job. One spotting and the other taking the shot.

My only disappointment with the book is that it seemed to come to an end quite quickly. Having said that it was a good read.