Profile for P. Whitehouse > Reviews

Content by P. Whitehouse

P. Whitehouse (Stockport, UK)

Veho VCC-003-MUVI-GUM Gumball 3000 Edition Muvi Micro Action Camcorder (Inc Waterproof Case/Pro Handlebar Mount/Extreme Sports Pack)

3.0 out of 5 stars Camcorder ok but bar attachments poorly designed, 22 July 2013
I bought this camcorder for use on my bike for my daily commute.

First things first- this camcorder is VGA 640x480 resolution not HD as some searches suggest. That said the quality is ok but I wouldn't be able to get a number plate unless quite close up to the vehicle. I upgraded to a class 10 memory card with no obvious advantage other than size.

There are lots of gadgets and gizmos to attach the camera- most don't work for what i want. The crocodile type clip is secure but due to the pitched forward nature of cycling i couldn't get an acceptable view- camera always pointing downwards when clipped to clothing.

Just as useless results with the lanyard- nothing supports the camera so it happily dangles and rotates anywhere it pleases.

Now the bar mount- acceptable (if wobbly) results with the unprotected camera and absolutely terrible results with the waterproof case. The problem is that a relatively elongated camera is supported at the bottom, meaning the whole assembly is prone to vibration. Also the cradle fits the camera poorly so it needs holding in place by cutting one the many velcro straps to hold it in position. Back to the waterproof case- the added weight adds to the vibration problem making the video unwatchable. Again it is supported by a bracket at the bottom- bad move veho. Why the designers couldn't figure this out is a mystery. If the camera was supported by the brackets in the middle of its body it would be a lot more stable.

So now i have a camcorder which i can only use in dry weather. :-/

I haven't used the helmet mounts so I can't comment on them other than there are two- one for the waterproof case and one for the unprotected camera- meaning you'd have to re-attach the helmet mount depending on the weather- far from good for everyday use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2013 2:48 PM BST

Creative I-Trigue 2200 - PC multimedia speakers - 18 Watt (Total) - black, silver

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT for bassheads!, 17 Nov 2006
These are nicely built little speakers and look good. I bought these because I was tired of the overpowerful bass of my previous Altec Lansing 221's (2.1 system). However, these are a touch too much in the opposite direction! Don't get me wrong, for their size they sound ok but there's just not much in the lower frequencies. Using the bells & whistles of windows media player helps things along a little- the srs wow effect boosts the bass a little. I can't help thinking that an extra tenner could have bought me the delights of Creative's gigaworks t20 speakers....